Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    looks like the "Ragdemon" cover/issue has been pushed back
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

A nice conclusion to this arc, very good to see more development continuing for Jonah, and I hope we get to see him teaming up with Norah in some way.

Also in addition, here's something I haven't seen anyone post yet, the new cover for #14. It was interesting they didn't include it at the end of this issue and instead just show a Bachalo snippet. And looks like the "Ragdemon" cover/issue has been pushed back, in this we'll probably see Rhino get captured.

Attachment 77020
    I love that cover! It feels like a nice mix of Invincible and Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's disappointing, though it'll work out much better if they (presumably) wait to do it after Hunted, since it may feel off to get an issue dedicated to building up the mystery of the main antagonist, and then immediately go to another with a completely different villain and motivation.

Are they collecting mainly animal themed bad guys?

Maybe someone is hosting a furry convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post

but Scorpion is there. do furries usually go the exoskeleton route?

soooo...I was waiting for someone else to bring it up. but is anyone else highly suspicious of Nora? just turns up out of nowhere. has anyone checked in on Randy? and what's she want with Jonah? one of two slott era goblin characters to show up out of the blue. I think it was Carlie Cooper who directed MJ to the support group.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    soooo...I was waiting for someone else to bring it up. but is anyone else highly suspicious of Nora? just turns up out of nowhere. has anyone checked in on Randy? and what's she want with Jonah? one of two slott era goblin characters to show up out of the blue. I think it was Carlie Cooper who directed MJ to the support group.
    I remember when Norah first showed up again in #3 it made us wonder the possibility of other BND era characters returning, like Carlie, which ended up happening in #9. I think Carlie suddenly showing up is more suspicious than Norah returning, just because of exactly what she's doing and she has much more baggage, while Norah's just been continuing her journalism. I do wonder what Spencer's plan for her will be.

Noraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Norah and Jonah will be the chaotic good hijinks duo to counterbalance Taskums and BlAnt's chaotic neutral/lawful evil hijinks. Nick has directly confirmed what we all knew deep down. That Norah is the FUTURE.

Truly, a J. Jonah Christmas Carol is one of the modern epics of our times.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Only the most committed ones.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Only the most committed ones.
    (*Facepalm*). Guys, it's not only bad guys, they are literally capturing EVERY "animal totem" they can get their hands on. Black Cat and Puma are also included in this group. This reminds me about Ezekiel Sims' words when he mentioned about the nature of Spidey's enemies: they were all false totems, while Spider-Man was supposed to be "the real one".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    (*Facepalm*). Guys, it's not only bad guys, they are literally capturing EVERY "animal totem" they can get their hands on. Black Cat and Puma are also included in this group. This reminds me about Ezekiel Sims' words when he mentioned about the nature of Spidey's enemies: they were all false totems, while Spider-Man was supposed to be "the real one".
    really? you don't think that Black Cat and Puma could be considered villains? they have been in and out of Spidey's rogues gallery. and it's not like Taskmaster captured Black Ant. shouldn't he count?

I remember when Norah first showed up again in #3 it made us wonder the possibility of other BND era characters returning, like Carlie, which ended up happening in #9. I think Carlie suddenly showing up is more suspicious than Norah returning, just because of exactly what she's doing and she has much more baggage, while Norah's just been continuing her journalism. I do wonder what Spencer's plan for her will be.
    i'm including Carlie in the mystery. they've both had that goblin blood in them.

Wow...great issue!

His dialogue, plotting and gag beats are perfection. But I also was a bit '...ok, yeah recapping for new readers I get it' - then, in the middle, for a few panels I starte feeling 'Seriously? Another 'supervillan offspring avenging daddy' right now?!' ...

... then he turned it around with a brilliant exploration of JJ's conscience and character reversal from all the endless decades of Spidey obsession and vendetta.

And bringing all these old school plotlines and characters back! fing awesome, super stoked on the new ASM this year

I'm back for the new year with a review for ASM #13. Overall, while I think it wasn't the best of Nick Spencer's run, it's definitely a great examination of Spider-Man and J. Jonah Jameson's current dynamic. And what really surprised and impressed me the most is the fact that, after all these years, Jonah has undergone some *gagp* character development!

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 5 No. 13 review
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton