Default Best moments in 2019

With 2019 coming to an end what have been the best moments for Diana?

Are we limited to just the comics? Because the 1984 trailer me her look really cool.

No any Wonder Woman related thing

edited post.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-01-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Two moments stand out:

Welcome to Summergrove. My name is Atlantiades. I do hope you're not planning to stay.
    Diana dancing with the other Amazons in Dimension Chi. Home is not a place without the hearts to fill it.

It aches in a way that makes we want to dance. For tomorrow we may die. But today we live forever.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The 1984 trailer was pretty much it.

Not a great year for Di.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I liked Diana's reunion with the amazons in WW #75. I was waiting for it happening since Rucka run was over.

The WW84 trailer got me hyped despite the leaked movie breakdown made me shaking my head. I'm conflicted now.

Incredible Member

The WW84 trailer was def the moment of the year for me regarding Wonder Woman.

I also loved the Bloodlines animated movie, and I liked seeing so many of Wondy's villains together in animation for the first time.

As far as the comic goes, I actually loved Justice League Dark, Diana's characterization and how it's elevated Circe as a villain. The Witching Hour and the current storyline has been engaging and must read material.

As far as her main comic, I liked the annual and the return of Paula Gunther.

Dead Earth #1.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

1. Cheetah with the god killer sword.

2. The Wonder Woman metal foil cover was the Best of the bunch.

3. Diana's character development with her supporting cast, I thought it was way more nuanced than most superhero books.

4. Wonder Woman in Justice League Dark....I would never have thought of that combination, but it works so well a melding of the fantasy/horror with the Super Hero. JLD may be my favorite team book.

5. Maybe I am alone, but I enjoyed Wilson's work on the series.

6. Her appearance in Superman Year One.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    5. Maybe I am alone, but I enjoyed Wilson's work on the series.
    You're not alone.

Wilson's work had its flaws, and the art and event interference did her no favours, but she is arguably the first writer since Rucka's first run who really tried to examine Wonder Woman and the role she would take in a world of modern values and knowledge.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])