Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yup, this is beyond pathetic. From the company that once published Preacher, they now bow down to any hint of controversy. Maybe they should just throw in the towel. Cancel Vertigo. Cancel Black Label. Leave DC to publish only "appropriate" comics like, ya know, hyper-violent superhero stories.

DC were once on the cutting edge of pushing the boundaries in mainstream comics. These days Archie comics are more extreme. How the mighty have fallen.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yup, this is beyond pathetic. From the company that once published Preacher, they now bow down to any hint of controversy. Maybe they should just throw in the towel. Cancel Vertigo. Cancel Black Label. Leave DC to publish only "appropriate" comics like, ya know, hyper-violent superhero stories.

DC were once on the cutting edge of pushing the boundaries in mainstream comics. These days Archie comics are more extreme. How the mighty have fallen.

Actually I wouldn't mind them doing just that,cause I would rather them put out really good cape comics then very niche comics where they are shitting on any group the writer didn't agree with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    DC were once on the cutting edge of pushing the boundaries in mainstream comics.
    Given how they took apart of Vertigo and then got rid of Karen Berger, I think the writing has been on the wall for quite a while. It doesn't help that a lot of this started when Levitz was running DC as the Oral History of Wildstorm can attest and goes back to the 00s. Maybe you only noticed now?
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-13-2019 at 08:55 PM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Given how they took apart of Vertigo and then got rid of Karen Berger, I think the writing has been on the wall for quite a while. It doesn't help that a lot of this started when Levitz was running DC as the Oral History of Wildstorm can attest and goes back to the 00s. Maybe you only noticed now?
    I certainly didn't just notice now. But it seems to have gotten much worse in recent months with DC pulling in two opposite directions. One side clearly wants a return to the glory days of the '80s and '90s with the return of Vertigo, the launch of Black Label and series like Mister Miracle, while the other seems to be as puritanical as the bad old days of the comics code - though, again, not including violence, which is apparently never a problem. Though it doesn't take a genius to see which side is which.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Well, after the uproar that Batman Damned created because of the shape of Bat's dick and now this, I guess DC has just decided to cave in to the religious right.

I wonder when they'll cancel all their non-white, non-male properties.

After all, women are for the kitchen and minorities for the fields and mines, right ?

Empty is thy hand!

DC just does not want my money.

BANNED

How does Passion of the Christ 2 make it to air on Family Guy and this can't make the stands?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am shocked, shocked that the newly minted head honcho of DC who got hit with Bat-dick in her first week would suddenly not want to be in the business of putting out a Superman/Jesus satire comic she had nothing to with.

I'm sure this will get picked up by Image or somebody else pretty damned quick, and if it is a huge hit, then she'll have egg on her face that she will wipe off with the millions of dollars she's making DC from the dozens of Batman books in which he keeps his clothes on.

Incredible Member

They may as well just bring the comics code back at this point and have a full set of indepedently drawn rules rather than just let twitter at al decide what gets published. I have never seen a publisher have so little conviction in what it's doing as Dc over last few months. Absolutely spineless.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, after the uproar that Batman Damned created because of the shape of Bat's dick and now this, I guess DC has just decided to cave in to the religious right.

I wonder when they'll cancel all their non-white, non-male properties.

After all, women are for the kitchen and minorities for the fields and mines, right ?

And posts like this is why some posters opinions are NEVER taken serious, and that same opinion will always stay niche, as it should be.

Kon93

I believe you should publish what they want, but also that ppl should be able to bitch and try to not get things published, it's called freedom folks, it happens everyday, and for every single issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I believe you should publish what they want, but also that ppl should be able to bitch and try to not get things published, it's called freedom folks, it happens everyday, and for every single issue.
    It's called bullying.

If it ruffles your feathers so much that Jesus be in a comics, that's your problem; not mine nor the many peoples who were and are still okay with it.

Then again, Zeus get chat upon as the monstrous Creator of Patriarchy in the Wonder Woman forums when God/Yahvé/Allah is the actual real offender here, and no one bats an eye, and that's not talking about myriad of other religions who aren't afforded the same power as Christianity, simply because the latter as more peoples screaming abuse as soon as their faith may not be presented as absolute Truth and Perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    You're contradicting yourself here. Complaining is fine. You have a right to your opinion. Trying to keep things from getting published is censorship. That's the exact opposite of freedom.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Just caught up with the news that DC has backed down from publishing this. Wow. So now a couple of people cry "Blasphemy" (without even reading it) and DC blinked?

Hmm.

Very odd.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    You're contradicting yourself here. Complaining is fine. You have a right to your opinion. Trying to keep things from getting published is censorship. That's the exact opposite of freedom.
    But it's not canceled...the writer and artist ASKED DC for the rights back and plan to publish it elsewhere. I don't understand how it can be censorship when this move seems to be driven by the creators of the series.