Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Pixar Dead?

I really enjoyed Incredibles 2. I mean, it didn't quite reach the Pixar heights, but it was a great time at the theater. And we're not too far removed from Inside Out which I genuinely think was a masterpiece.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Now Incredibles 2 i liked because that was a sequel i was waiting for even Toy Story 3 and Toy Story 4 is just milking the franchise when the third film was a nice finale.
    So far Toy Story has only gotten better. What if 4 finds a way to exceed 3? Normally I'd laugh that off, but Pixar has crafted some absolutely excellent films.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Toy Story 3 really seemed like a natural ending. Toy Story 4 is going to have to really impress to convince me it's not just a cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I really enjoyed Incredibles 2. I mean, it didn't quite reach the Pixar heights, but it was a great time at the theater.
    That's all you can really ask for, really. The most disappointing Pixar films are the ones that don't excite, and while that sounds obvious, it's more because Pixar has a consistent record of churning out quality entertainment. The Cars movies, imo, are the only real missteps, even if other sequels aren't as good as the originals.

I really enjoyed Incredibles 2 as well, but between you and me, I enjoyed Bao more. And that's still Pixar.

Mighty Member

I mean how many times are they gonna milk Cars, i never liked the Cars films as they felt boring and not that great. Your just gonna get diminishing returns.

I mean how many times are they gonna milk Cars, i never liked the Cars films as they felt boring and not that great. Your just gonna get diminishing returns.
    It's not just about films it's more importantly about toys which cars sold a lot of back than personally I'd rather watch Doc Hollywood over Cars same story.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah, I really dislike Cars and have never understood why those films were so big. Hell, they even had an even worse spinoff, Planes.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I don't think they are dead.The only two movies that have made me almost cry are Brave and Coco. A long time ago it was the Lion King but that was because I was child.