Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

I hope Larocca doesn't get fired.
    His art is exactly what the return of Slim and Sniktbub deserve.

I like Larocca`s art.
    Who is a colorist for UXM11?

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    someone should send this to Rosenberg so he can pretend nothing is wrong and blame fans or something
    Someone retweeted the post to Rosenbarg. He has not commented on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Larocca says his art has been ruined by one of Marvel's many horrible colorists and specifically points out that this time it was a woman.

It's hilarious because not even Laura Martin's (the industry's best colorist and, incidentally, a woman) could save this shitty traced art that makes even Greg Land's art look genuine.
    The whole thing is inconsistent...when I saw the preview pages I thought there were four different artists....the panels with Blindfold & Scott look really well done and the color is vibrant same with the first few with the guys running away, but the middle section with Scott in the cafe and then the fight aren't the same.

TBH it's both of them Larocca & Martin. The X-office can't give us nice things even though they're jacking up the price.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They can just take him off after the arc. Maybe get someone who deserves Rachelle's glowing colors.

MATTY FRAC: YEAH SO WE'RE MAKING PEPPER A SUPERHERO IN IRON MAN JUST FELT WE NEEDED MORE FEMALE SUPERHEROES IS THAT COOL?

SALOCCA: THE EDITOR IS MAKING ME DESIGN A NEW IRON MAN SUIT, IN THIS CASE, FOR A WOMAN, SHAKING MY HEAD TBQH
    Extra funny because Larocca did a FB post about how the non-PP character in Spider-Verse ruin the mythos (and that the animation looked like ****)

Anyways, Larocca is a very talented artist, even if some turns in his style over the years have been less successful than others. His X-Treme X-Men was gorgeous, though, and he did get to experiment with a no-inking, pure pencils style that LIQUID! colored(THE elite digital colorists for like, a decade), so maybe he was spoiled in this regard. I do find the colors(and inking) of these new pages to undersell the overall artistry of Larocca's pencils, so I can at least see where he is coming from.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Not a fan of the colours but then again some panels look like they were drawn by Whilce Portacio

BANNED

Larocca says his art has been ruined by one of Marvel's many horrible colorists and specifically points out that this time it was a woman.

It's hilarious because not even Laura Martin's (the industry's best colorist and, incidentally, a woman) could save this shitty traced art that makes even Greg Land's art look genuine.
    Are people sending this to White or C.B.? Larroca should be taken out of issues 13 and 14 today. A bunch of good artists don't seem to be bound to a particular project, we don't need him on the whole arc. I don't care for art consistency if it has to be with someone like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Anyways, Larocca is a very talented artist, even if some turns in his style over the years have been less successful than others. His X-Treme X-Men was gorgeous, though, and he did get to experiment with a no-inking, pure pencils style that LIQUID! colored(THE elite digital colorists for like, a decade), so maybe he was spoiled in this regard. I do find the colors(and inking) of these new pages to undersell the overall artistry of Larocca's pencils, so I can at least see where he is coming from.
    If Larocca is talented, then so are Land and Deodato.

Trance, the best New X-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Only if she's still rockin' her hair barrette
    All the this. #bringbacktranceandherbarrette

As for the colors, it certainly flows well with Sal's work more than the washed out, muted colors during the Chuck Austen era.

Can't believe I just mentioned that era. I'm sorry guys and gals.

Astonishing Member

The screenshot is from his Facebook page.
    Of course its facebook. Dam you Zuckebot 3.3 and your alien masters who had you build a platform that's dose nothing but make people shitty and ruin nice things . Why cant we have nice things anymore.

sure Larocca put the fault for your bad art on the colorist and make sure to highlight she is a woman

Trace kings. Deodato is th ebest of these 3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Are people sending this to White or C.B.? Larroca should be taken out of issues 13 and 14 today. A bunch of good artists don't seem to be bound to a particular project, we don't need him on the whole arc. I don't care for art consistency if it has to be with someone like this.
    I disagree with you.

Salvador is one of the best artists out there. There have been many bad artists (read cartoonish and crappish) in X-Men Blue and X-Men Red. I welcome this change to better art.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion. Let's hope there are better colorists in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I disagree with you.

Salvador is one of the best artists out there. There have been many bad artists (read cartoonish and crappish) in X-Men Blue and X-Men Red. I welcome this change to better art.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion. Let's hope there are better colorists in the future.
    Totes agree. One of the best-

-artists-

-out there.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

They are. I think Deodato is especially underrated. But these pages are not attractive, I agree.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES