Cool! I like that Wilson (via Diana) acknowledges that courage can found even among bad people. And the reference to humanity as "Prometheus' get" means that Wilson really has done her research in Greek mythology. Wonder if we will see him also in an adventure? He is one of the few godly beings in Greek mythology that can be said to be on the side of humanity.

Extraordinary Member

Hmmmm.

Wilson seems to be making some non-to-subtle contemporary political statements here.

The statement that the Prime Minister “may be a tyrant” seems a bit odd, coming from Wonder Woman.

Still, it would be silly not to hope that I will enjoy this issue more than the last.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-11-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    The statement that the Prime Minister “may be a tyrant” seems a bit odd, coming from Wonder Woman.
    I didn't really find it strange at all. A huge trend in Europe and other elective democracies lately have been the rise of authoritarianism that work within the system. For some prime examples of that, see Orbán of Hungary, Putin of Russia, or Erdogan of Turkey (Trump would belong on the list if he weren't so incompetent). They may be democratically elected, but they act more like autocrats. I also imagine that Diana would be careful about using labels like tyrant or fascist (the latter has been so misused it hides the meaning and danger of real fascist movements).

Extraordinary Member

What I meant was, it seems a strange bit of diplomacy for peace that would open with "this guy I'm protecting is a tyrant".

Especially for Wonder Woman who has a long legacy of battling AGAINST tyranny, not propping it up.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Can we please keep Xermanico on the art?!? His/Her (i'm not sure if the artist is male or female), their work reminds me a lot of Matthew Clark's back in the day.
    Richard Alexander

Xermanico is definitively a 'he.'

Astonishing Member

Well, I read the issue.

I don't know how to feel about this issue. The resolution of tge arc feels rushed.

I like Aphrodite speaking with Ares. I'm curious what she says him at the end.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-17-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Please take any comments about the full issue to the appropriate thread. This thread is for the preview only.

Thanks!

GF
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!