Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Liked the issue enough and I am interested in seeing Bunker in this new era.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Watch it be Ric.
    Or Mason Todd.

You know, his unknown-until-now twin? A red-head.

I'm a shade curious about this Wingman. I like that we didn't get an answer on the "who" yet. Will it be someone connected to Jason by way of Batman, Incorporated? Someone connected to Benedict Rundstrom, Scandinavia, King Kraken, that whole corner? Someone connected to Doctor Hurt or John Mayhew? He appears to be a competent, fairly-well-trained whitish dude in the "20-30" range. What else can we determine? That he abides by "watching our hero from afar in the shadows" trope rules and uses a bit of stealthy tech to help with it.

Ric would be hilarious though.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I'm hoping it's an alternate universe version of Jason. Who he'd be if he never was killed by the Joker etc.

probably not tho.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I read Inc. long go, but wasn't the lower part of the face a mask as well? Not just the upper with the cowl?
    I may be remembering wrong, or it may have been retconned, or whatever, in any case. And, well, he definitely doesn't have female hips and waist, so there's that detail against my wild guess, too.

I'm honestly to god clueless about who he may be.
    The lower part was a mask as well, yes. The mask gives an older adult look, about Batman's age, and Jason's real face is too young.

2667896-batmaninc11_338scm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    ... because when Jason isn't a solo Red Hood: Outlaw anymore and his Outlaws are a team again, they're gonna need a gay Mexican kid with a cool power-set! Anti-Titans? Or maybe because Lobdell actually has a history of picking up dropped characters - particularly characters that have come in any contact whatsoever with JASON in his chronological appearances. (COME THE HELL ON AND HURRY WITH NOCTURNA ... or Magpie ... or Mime ... or Mongul? ... or Deacon Blackfire? ... or the Ambassador guy? Garzonas. Yeah, Garzonas. Jason dropped his kid off a roof. First Kill). Bit of both, really. I missed Bunker so it's nice he gets rescued here. Nice synchronicity with a nice excuse to jump over to Mexico, too.
    Yeah I'd like to see all of them at some point. In Bunker's case, it's likely that Lobdell wanted to save his own creation from the chopping block.

I did look into New52 Teen Titans a bit awhile back, and found Bunker to be a fun character. If he joins up with the Outlaws, I wouldn't mind.

Half expecting Solitary to go, "Jason, I am your father."

With Jason going quiet for a moment before asking, "The one that beat me up as a kid, or beat me up for gunning down criminal scum?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I did look into New52 Teen Titans a bit awhile back, and found Bunker to be a fun character. If he joins up with the Outlaws, I wouldn't mind.

Half expecting Solitary to go, "Jason, I am your father."

With Jason going quiet for a moment before asking, "The one that beat me up as a kid, or beat me up for gunning down criminal scum?"
    To be fair he did say "Son".

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    To be fair he did say "Son".
    Right. It was... fun.
    I think this was the second time Solitary made that kind of double meaning speech, kind of like Talia or Ra's speak sometimes. So I guess he's going to be a fun character to read.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Right. It was... fun.
    I think this was the second time Solitary made that kind of double meaning speech, kind of like Talia or Ra's speak sometimes. So I guess he's going to be a fun character to read.
    I believe you are correct about that double meaning speech. Solitary seems to be a pretty interesting character so I can't wait to see him developed a bit more.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Solitary and Wingman are interesting characters so far. I love the mystery that it's not clear if they are good or bad guys. Although Jason himself doesn't sometimes know if he's a good or a bad guy. So they are in good company.

I liked the pacing in the issue. It feels like the start of a horror game, like Resident Evil 7. Don't listen to any warnings, enter a scary, abandoned place full of monsters because you are looking for someone. There you meet some strange people with an interest in you but who give more rise to questions than answers. Everything seems a little chaotic and "a lot" at the beginning but as the story progresses everything unfolds beautifully. And a furry companion is always a plus point.

It was a really good issue. Kudos for Jason and his dog

I am really curious about Wingman's identity. Why does he want Jason back in Gotham? Does he have something to do with Jay's return in the following issues as a businessman? What does he mean that Gotham needs him? I haven't been reading Batman, but I know he has done a few morally dubious things since the broken marriage, and I wonder if Wingman means Jason needs to return because Batman can't handle what his happening or his methods are insufficient/ineffective.

Plus, who else wants to see Willis vs Bruce? Bio dad vs Adoptive dad! I would really like an emotional confrontation.