Extraordinary Member

Default Need Help Planning a Poll

Okay, here is what's going on. I'm planning on creating a series of Polls to decide what the best media of 2018 was. It's mostly for fun.

Now, in order to do that, I'm going to need things to put on the Poll. I have experienced a lot of media, but not all of it, so I'm going to need your suggestions to fill out the poll

I have a series of categories that I need filling out. I'm only going to ask you to fill out the ones that you genuinely have an opinion on. If you don't care about Video Games, you don't need to put anything down for them, etc.

Additionally, this poll will be held on multiple websites, so don't be surprised if you see something on there that wasn't mentioned here.

For series that have extended releases, such as Television show, they will be eligible so long as they Began or ended during 2018, and the majority of their run took place in that year.

Additionally, some of these categories are split by Genre. You are allowed to nominate a single work for multiple categories. IE, Dramedies can be put into both the Drama and Comedy categories, and Animated films can be nominated outside of the best Animation category

Additionally, If you have suggestions for additional categories, shoot them my way.

The categories are

Film

- Best Action Film
    - Best Drama Film
    - Best Comedy film
    - Best Animated Film
    - Best Horror Film

- Best Live Action Performance
    - Best Voice performance
    - Best Director
    - Best Film Soundtrack
    - Best Film Song

Video Games

-Best Video Game Narrative
    -Best Video Game Gameplay

- Best Action Game
    - Best Fighting Game
    - Best PRG
    - Best Shooter
    - Best Platformer

- Best Game AAA Game
    -Best Indie Game

- Best Video Game Soundtrack
    - Best Video Game Song

- Best Video Game Performance

Comic Book

- Best Comic Book Run
    - Best Comic Book Soryline
    - Best Comic Book Single Issue

- Best Comic Book Writer
    - Best Comic Book Artist

-Best Manga Storyline
    -Best Manga Writier
    -Best Manga Artist

Television

- Best Live-Action Television Season
    - Best Live Action Single Episode
    - Best Non-Anime Animated Season
    - Best Non-Anime Animated Single Episode
    - Best Anime Season
    - Best Anime Single Episode

- Best Live Action Television Performance
    - Best Anime Vocal Performance
    - Best Non-Anime Vocal Performance
    - Best Television opening Sequence

Music

- Best Pop Song
    - Best Country Song
    - Best Hip Hop Song
    - Best Rock Song

- Best Album
    - Best Solo Artist
    - Best Band
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 01-12-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Simple question: are you aware of the poll requirements / limitations on all the sites you are planning to post this on?

For the CBR forums, if you use their poll option, you are limited to fifteen choices (I forget the character limitations for each option you include) and I believe you only can allow people to vote for one (and only one) choice OR you can allow people to select as many of the options as they wish, but you can't have the poll limit them to, say, five choices. They also can't go back and alter their choice(s) at a later date, even if they made an error in what they voted for.

As you may or may not be aware, other forums/platforms will have different allowances as to how many options can be included and voting limitations for those sites.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Simple question: are you aware of the poll requirements / limitations on all the sites you are planning to post this on?

For the CBR forums, if you use their poll option, you are limited to fifteen choices (I forget the character limitations for each option you include) and I believe you only can allow people to vote for one (and only one) choice OR you can allow people to select as many of the options as they wish, but you can't have the poll limit them to, say, five choices. They also can't go back and alter their choice(s) at a later date, even if they made an error in what they voted for.

As you may or may not be aware, other forums/platforms will have different allowances as to how many options can be included and voting limitations for those sites.
    My plan is to host the Polls themselves on a separate website and linking them to the various sites I post on.

Additionally, I'm not gonna put every thing suggested on the polls, It'll be put in based on how many times the various works get recommended. There will be a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 options

BANNED

Why no music category?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Why no music category?
    That's easy

I forgot to put one in XD. I can edit that in without much issue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That's easy

I forgot to put one in XD. I can edit that in without much issue
    Easy because Kanye easily had two of the best albums of the year?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Easy because Kanye easily had two of the best albums of the year?
    No, that's easy because the answer is simple: I forgot XD