Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Cosmic DC Villains You Think Deserve More Love

Just curious. I mean, everyone who is a DC or general comic book fan already knows about Darkseid, the Anti-Monitor, Sinestro, Brainiac, and even Mongul. Though I still think the last of those four needs a little extra push. But, what are some cosmic-level beings/villains from DC lore that you think really need to be given a chance to shine?

For me, it has to be: (again) Mongul; Krona; Zazzala Queen Bee (she has potential to be one of the main cosmic DCU villains); and, last but not least...Starbreaker.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-05-2019 at 12:54 PM.

I always used to say EVIL STAR - he's from another world, he's powered by the stars, he has enough power to destroy a world, (he destroyed his own world) and he has those creepy little Starlings minions. He could have been brought to a more prominent position the way other GL villains like Eclipso and Black Hand were brought into modern times with a much more dangerous powerset. Alas, he was just in "The Green Lantern" and .... things didn't go well for him

Definitely Atrocitus of the Red Lantern Corps.

I kinda like Imperiex, both in his totally-not-Galactus form and in his cartoon form. I think he could be used more.

Also, Imperiex is just a really great name!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I always used to say EVIL STAR - he's from another world, he's powered by the stars, he has enough power to destroy a world, (he destroyed his own world) and he has those creepy little Starlings minions. He could have been brought to a more prominent position the way other GL villains like Eclipso and Black Hand were brought into modern times with a much more dangerous powerset. Alas, he was just in "The Green Lantern" and .... things didn't go well for him
    I would have love to see Evil Star be given more gravity as a villain.

The starlings are an interesting power set. I hope that 2e have'nt seen the last of him.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Desparo. The dude is just a flat out beast who can take on the whole League by himself.

Retired

Mongul, Grax, Maxima, Blackfire, Starbreaker, Kanjar Ro, the Galactic Golem, the Superman Revenge Squad, the Psions.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Desparo. The dude is just a flat out beast who can take on the whole League by himself.
    This might be my pick as well, and Mongul should get some love also. Always liked Queen Bee but is she cosmic?

X'Hal, the goddess!

I would have said Blackfire, but she's hinted to have a major role as an antagonist in Justice League Odyssey and made her Rebirth debut in issue 4 (which seems to haven't changed her New 52 past, which would make her battles with Starfire all the more poignant, IMHO). And that new costume is a delight for sore eyes.

Despero totally deserve some love too, even if he had The Death of Hawkman mini not too longue ago.

Generally speaking, I would love to see DC expand its roster of galactic empires and the like (which seems to be the case with JLO and Electric Warrior). I have nothing against the Green Lanterns and the other Corps but more variety would be always welcome.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Just curious. I mean, everyone who is a DC or general comic book fan already knows about Darkseid, the Anti-Monitor, Sinestro, Brainiac, and even Mongul. Though I still think the last of those four needs a little extra push. But, what are some cosmic-level beings/villains from DC lore that you think really need to be given a chance to shine?

For me, it has to be: (again) Mongul; Krona, Zazzala Queen Bee (she has potential to be one of the main cosmic DCU villains); and, last but not least...Starbreaker.

Good list. All of these villains have been able to take on the Justice League single handedly. I'd add Wonder Woman villain Saturna/Eviless to the list. She should be able to give the JLA a run for their money too.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Appellaxian elemental warriors, whose invasion lead to the creation of the Justice League.

Despero.

Trying to usurp the New Gods drama for the JL origin, instead of developing what they already have, has left their origin a disjointed inconsistent mess.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-05-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

So, what should be the method to bring these guys into the spotlight? Simply increased appearances in issues of Justice League? Or should DC invest in a wide, sweeping almost Marvel-esque space opera with these guys front and center as the main villains?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Blackfire, the Superman Revenge Squad, Lady Styx, and the denizens of Ysmault beyond Atrocitus and the Red Lanterns.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I would have love to see Evil Star be given more gravity as a villain.

The starlings are an interesting power set. I hope that 2e have'nt seen the last of him.

I think it's the name 'Evil Star' that's holding him back. It sounds so...childish.

If he was called the Auronian, or something like that, he might be taken more seriously. Like you said, he has a good power-set.