Default Characters you love dc edition

Awhile back I posted a characters you hate thread and it did pretty well so I thought I would do something positive and do a characters you love thread. So who do you love and why?

For me it is a team that I love. The Justice Society of America. I have always loved this team with Dr. Mid Nite being my favorite of the bunch. I love the tone of their stories. And love the Justice League Jsa team ups. I guess its because the first dc comics I read were Jsa reprints.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I love Vixen because she's a:

Superhero
    Billionaire
    Gorgeous supermodel
    Animal Master
    Philanthropist
    Businesswoman

Her powers are extraordinary; she can mimic the abilities of ALL animals, living or extinct, and she can even mimic the abilities of mythical animals. She can even mimic the abilities of some humans, since humans are animals. (I wonder if she could mimic the genius intellect of Mr. Terrific?) Plus she seems like she has a fun personality and someone you would want on your side in a fight.

I think writers have only barely scratched the surface when writing her using her powers, because the animal kingdom is so huge that her abilities are almost limitless in how she can combine them and apply them in various situations.

Her potential for stories is off the charts: she could have a solo career, or operate as a team member. She can fight street crime AND fight much bigger Justice League-level threats. She can adjust her power levels, depending on the situation. She can fight in almost any environment (even space)...

She's connected to magic and also connected to the African god Anansi, who once gave her a power boost to prepare her for an upcoming challenge. I think having a god in your corner puts you on a totally different level than other superheroes.

Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-12-2019 at 01:55 PM.

BANNED

Batman

Not because he has endless money... well may be when i was little i enjoyed that abit... lol but what i really like about him is the chalanges he takes up on himself and achive. He always strives to be the best at what he does. He's the best martial arts expert ninja on the world, best detective and a brilliant scientist. (not the best scientist, ok. That's lex) and all is self built. No super powers from birth or by eccident etc. He's talented geneticly ofcourse, everyone can't achive what he achives. He has no physical problems, he's a doctor's son so he has got his intelegence from his father but Raw intelegence or physical fitness is not enough. He went through such an intense hard work to be what Batman needs to be... this is so imperesive. I wish i had half of his determination but i'm lazy f--- lol He's awesome.

Catwoman.
    Because she tends to end up doing good in spite of herself even when she is trying to be bad. A straight up hero or villain is sort of boring for me. She's not rich and she has no superpowers and she
    has no maniacal plans to take over the word or the compulsion to save the world. But she is good at what she does, can take care of herself in a fight, and is there for the most oppressed. Doesn't have
    some moral obligation to be a hero. Is just a hero because it is the right thing to do. Most heroes and villains are too full of themselves. Catwoman just wants to enjoy life and doesn't take the world too
    seriously.

I love process of just reading a comic book super hero story
    probably more than what character is in the story.
    All time favorites for sure are Diana, Bruce, And Clark in the D C Universe.
    But I also love reading stories with so many other solo characters and teams.

Jay Garrick.
    He is a mentor and positive role model to the younger heroes. He doesn’t have some tragic back story, he is optimistic, and even though is older has no fear and will not hesitate to jump into a situation to help or save others.

Ray Palmer.
    Brilliant scientist, cool powers, cool costume.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Too many to list but my favourite is probably superman mainly because he's a hero who does the right thing not for glory or fame but because it's the right thing to do

The one, the only, the Main Man himself, Lobo!

Pretty much everyone, don't like the current Harley Quinn or Jason Todd but that's about it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mary Marvel

Because she's very smart. And she may not look it, but she's also very powerful. In addition, she's very pretty and has a lovely costume.

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-23-2021 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.