Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I BREAK YOU: Bane Appreciation (2019)

NOTE: This is a continuation of the previous "The Bane Appreciation" thread, which can be read here:
    From the previous version of this thread (started by adrikito in December 2017),
    I can´t understand why there is not one BANE APPRECIATION here, I put these words in internet and nothing..

I BREAK YOU..

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I am not a joke. I am not a riddle! I am not a bird or a cat or a penguin! I'm not a scarecrow or a plant or a puppet! I am not your broken friend! I am not your regretful teacher! I am not a child's fairy tale! I am not a circus act here to amuse and frighten you! I am not another of your madmen howling at the moon! And I... I am not... I am not some rich boy playing dress-up! I am BANE !

The real reason because I started this topic is this topic of newsarama BANE Is A Blessing As BATMAN/TMNT II's FREDDIE WILLIAMS II Loves Drawing 'Muscles & Sinew':
    https://www.newsarama.com/37582-batm...re-s-bane.html

Maybe... I BREAK YOU. Bane Appreciation was better name for this topic..

What a perfectly fitting thread title .

Excellent appreciation name. THANKS MajorHoy for quote me.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-12-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Excellent appreciation name. THANKS MajorHoy for quote me.
    This is my style for recreating previous Appreciation Threads that were closed after the end of 2018. I figure I should give credit where credit is due.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

1bc20d5a2f28b03f9d38457c51634c05._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Batman Versus Bane
    First, discover Bane's origin story in an epic that leads from a hellish South American prison to the streets of Gotham City, as Bane's obsession with destroying Batman begins.
    Collects BATMAN: BANE, BATMAN: BANE OF THE DEMON #1-4.
    Written by
    Scott Beatty
    Chuck Dixon
    Mark Waid
    Art by
    Andy Kubert
    Graham Nolan

Bane cover in detective 1000:

Detective Comics-1000-Jim-Lee-Batman vs Bane.jpg

BANNED

I wonder why they went for the New 52 look for both the characters on that cover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    1bc20d5a2f28b03f9d38457c51634c05._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Batman Versus Bane
    First, discover Bane's origin story in an epic that leads from a hellish South American prison to the streets of Gotham City, as Bane's obsession with destroying Batman begins.
    Collects BATMAN: BANE, BATMAN: BANE OF THE DEMON #1-4.
    Written by
    Scott Beatty
    Chuck Dixon
    Mark Waid
    Art by
    Andy Kubert
    Graham Nolan
    Mark Waid and Andy Kubert?

I love Bane and Graham Nolan is the quintessential Bane artist. Kelley Jones and Jim Aparo have the classic BREAK YOU! shots but he popped right off of the page when Graham drew him. First comic I ever read had Bane in it. Batman 489. I love his origin story (although his motivation on beating Batman was always weak to me, didn't he just have a dream about a bat or something) Either way, one of my favorite villains and favorite designs. Just looked so great back in the day. I don't mind some of the re-designs (one of the Batman cartoons he had a Pulp Fiction Gimp mask, that was kind of weird) but nothing beats that original Bane costume.

I liked how Dixon and Nolan took him back to the original look in Conquest. I wish Janin would go back to it in Batman, so far he's used the New 52 design.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Mark Waid and Andy Kubert?
    They are credited because the trade has some one page (or was it two?) resume of the origins of Batman, Bane and Ra’s Al Ghul. I think Cliff Chang drew the Ra’s Al Ghul one, Graham Nolan took care of the origin of Bane and Andy Kubert did so with Batman. Those short resumes are written by Beatty and Waid (I don’t remember who wrote which respectively). But the major storylines (Vengeance of Bane and Bane of the Demon) are by Dixon and Nolan, and up to this day some of my favorite material done with the character
    Last edited by Chubistian; 02-25-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I wonder why they went for the New 52 look for both the characters on that cover.
    So do I, especially considering Jim Lee put Bane and Batman in their pre flashpoint look in his regular cover for Detective Comics #1000
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

Am I the only one that prefers Bane as a regular "big guy" (see Tom King's I Am Suicide Arc) as against the hulking figure?
    Yes I'm aware that the use of Venom (and the effects) is one of his main shticks but still...
    Apart from being visually unappealing(?), it often results in writers really leaning heavily into the brute force aspect of Bane and not his fighting prowess or his strategic mind etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Am I the only one that prefers Bane as a regular "big guy" (see Tom King's I Am Suicide Arc) as against the hulking figure?
    Yes I'm aware that the use of Venom (and the effects) is one of his main shticks but still...
    Apart from being visually unappealing(?), it often results in writers really leaning heavily into the brute force aspect of Bane and not his fighting prowess or his strategic mind etc.
    I got use to it, but yes, I prefer a more “realistic” body. I think his first appearance, drawn by Graham Nolan, is the perfect way to show his body. Even with Venom, he remains a “normal” dude. Janín has done him good, though he did the “hulk” body type in Tec #900. Nicola Scott also did a great visual job with Bane, among other pencillers. David Finch has really progressed in his way of drawing Bane, his version in I Am Bane is much better to what he did in Dark Knight (N52), though still a bulked man.

Bane INSPIRED another person(batman&bane copy) TO BREAK one famous comic character:

https://screenrant.com/deadpool-batm...comic-fight/2/