Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've always liked Young Justice's Bane, but this season he really did make a GREAT impression. Cool to see him without Venom

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

Definitely prefer old school Bane. He felt more threatening. When he’s all huge he just seems ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I've always liked Young Justice's Bane, but this season he really did make a GREAT impression. Cool to see him without Venom

I like to see him without venom but... Bane needs to be more big and muscular here, like in the comics..

Our friend Bane is in HUSH too.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Our friend Bane is in HUSH too.
    This would be his first appearance in that animated universe, right? I don't want to get my hopes high, because I know the story doesn't center on him, but I'm going to be happy if he just has a cool moment, and not an easy beatdown delivered by Batman or, and I truly fear this, by Hush.

Still, it's nice that he has a somewhat constant presence in adaptations. He's also going to appear in Batman vs TMNT. An adaptation of Knightfall is a must that has been delayed a lot, especially considering that Superman has two animated movies of his death (though Dark Knight Rises is a hybrid of stories with important influences from Knightfall).

Though HUSH might be too similar to Knightfall as to adapt both stories in the same universe, Knightfall can spawn a series of sequels and be done in a selfcontained universe, like Killing Joke (but hopefully, better)
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

This would be his first appearance in that animated universe, right?
    I think that is his first appearance in this universe... Because he appeared in another films. Like JL Doom and Batman unlimited..

The current Bruce is similar to the Bruce of that universe but... The JL is different... So, yeah.. This is his first appearance in the current animated universe.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE KNIGHTFALL TOO.. BANE DESERVES HIS OWN FILM.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-29-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Bane appears in a cover (or maybe it’s just a promo) for Batman Last Knight on Earth, by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo. Also, we’re having a major event called City of Bane in the main Bat title starting the same month (July)

I like these Bane news..

I remember Bane victory in FOREVER EVIL few years ago and now.. Gotham will belong to him again.. Is one amazing villain.

I hope that this batman who laughs dies soon.. Is a joker copy..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I like these Bane news..

I remember Bane victory in FOREVER EVIL few years ago and now.. Gotham will belong to him again.. Is one amazing villain.

I hope that this batman who laughs dies soon.. Is a joker copy..
    I expect this to be better handled than Arkham War. Not a bad story, but a pretty mediocre one, with a very anticlimatic ending. After selling us this idea of Bane as the savior of Gotham City, Batman just comes, kick his ass and his reign is over as soon as it began. The people of Gotham never really cared about Bane, even though Tomasi started the last issue by having Bane making some "justice" (in his own way) for people who was in need while some scavengers tried to take advantage of them. That setup ended amounting to nothing and I think it was a missed opportunity.

BTW, Greg Capullo made a comment on his twitter about Bane having lost half of his head, so maybe we won't see the master tactician in Last Knight on Earth, but if we at least get a fight between Bane and Batman drawn by Greg I will be satisfied

Bane makes a cameo in today’s Year of the Villain. I didn’t read the issue, but I get the impression putting Bane’ scheme was just to take advantage of the main Batman title and make some more sales in both sides, which isn’t bad necessarily, but that it won’t be fundamental to the event, nor the event to City of Bane

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I read that Bane's father is King Snake, who is a white British man gang leader who Tim Drake beat up as Robin, and his mother is local from Santa Prisca I think? Correct me if I'm wrong. So he's half British half Mexican?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I read that Bane's father is King Snake, who is a white British man gang leader who Tim Drake beat up as Robin, and his mother is local from Santa Prisca I think? Correct me if I'm wrong. So he's half British half Mexican?
    Thats right appart from the fact that Santa Prisca is an small independent island sate in the Caribbean, and does not belong to Mexico.

Bane appears in the cover of the Hush animated movie, in case you thought that Bane looked familiar, it's because it's the same draw Jim Lee did for Tec #1000. Anyways, he doesn't appear in the Hush Trailer and only one second in a "preview" of the movie, I don't think he will have a big role in it or maybe he will and it will be some kinda twist or surprise, but it makes me wonder how could both characters have big roles in the movie and if the resemblances between Hush's plan and what Bane did in Knightfall will be pointed out, or if Knightfall had happened in this continuity at all

Last edited by Chubistian; 05-18-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bane appears in the cover of the Hush animated movie, in case you thought that Bane looked familiar, it's because it's the same draw Jim Lee did for Tec #1000. Anyways, he doesn't appear in the Hush Trailer and only one second in a "preview" of the movie, I don't think he will have a big role in it or maybe he will and it will be some kinda twist or surprise, but it makes me wonder how could both characters have big roles in the movie and if the resemblances between Hush's plan and what Bane did in Knightfall will be pointed out, or if Knightfall had happened in this continuity at all

Bane's standing on Killer Croc's position in the Hush comic cover (and Scarecrow's standing where Huntress stood) so if they're following the book he probably fills in for him. Croc kidnapped a child and ask for a ransom to cure his skin condition. If they just copy paste then the story would be him demanding for a ransom to cure his venom addiction? Yeah, that doesn't sound right the moment I type it.