Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Doesn't Sony have final say on the Spider-Man films?
    Probably, but I think Marvel Studios has most of the creative control over the Holland solo films.

Miles was already seeded in the MCU in Homecoming, and they wouldn't do that unless they had a plan to introduce him sooner or later.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

They could just do their own version of the Spider-verse story rather than a straight adaptation of the animated movie. Or if you want you could do a Roger Rabbit style where Tom Holland interacts with Spider-Ham.

Miles has the same problem Wally West, neither characters really work when they are the same age/experience levels with their mentors. What you can try is older miles teaching younger peter lessons that an older peter would teach Miles in his youth.

It's less an alternate universe story but a time-travel one then.

Spider-Gwen would work better as MCU Peter seeing a universe where he goes bad has a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Miles was already seeded in the MCU in Homecoming, and they wouldn't do that unless they had a plan to introduce him sooner or later.
    But they also gave Peter Parker Miles' best friend, so I'm not really sure what kind of long-term planning Marvel Studios might have going on with Spider-Man at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They could just do their own version of the Spider-verse story rather than a straight adaptation of the animated movie. Or if you want you could do a Roger Rabbit style where Tom Holland interacts with Spider-Ham.
    I don't know if that would work as well in the MCU.
    Miles has the same problem Wally West, neither characters really work when they are the same age/experience levels with their mentors. What you can try is older miles teaching younger peter lessons that an older peter would teach Miles in his youth.
    Wally at least has Kid Flash as part of his history and an identity he can use in concert with Barry as The Flash, but I don't think anyone wants a retread of "Kid-Arachnid."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Instead of Ganke, they could put more emphasis on Goldballs instead

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Instead of Ganke, they could put more emphasis on Goldballs instead
    Fabio would be a good foil for Ganke. Ganke is a kid who wishes he could be a superhero while Fabio is a superhero who wishes he could be normal. That's a whole other viewpoint for Miles to digest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But they also gave Peter Parker Miles' best friend, so I'm not really sure what kind of long-term planning Marvel Studios might have going on with Spider-Man at the moment.
    It's a whole new integrated universe, my friend.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Mighty Member

While I think that the most Miles might get is small shout outs here and there, I don't think they'll do anything major with him at all. Especially with Ganke...er I mean "Ned" (Let's be real, they are NOT going to delve into the one storyline that Ned Leeds got wrapped up in with THIS Ned at all). I think the biggest thing we'll have see of Miles is that bit with Aaron in Homecoming. It's like if they had an advertisement for "Kingsley" clothing [that universe's version of Louis Vuitton or something similar] (which could either be a fun little reference, or a nod to something bigger coming up)

However, I could see them jamming Spider-Verse elements in there for the sake of being "different" from the previous movies...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    It's a whole new integrated universe, my friend.
    One can just hope that it's all integrated well...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I hope not. Keep spiderverse away from the MCU. MCU has diluted and destroyed Spiderman. let's not spread the fire to the one good animation of marvel after loosing X-men to the MCU. Spiderverse was great because it had nothing to do with cinematic universes. it was an unapologetic spiderman movie, the way it should always be.
    Into the Spider-Vese was all about the Cinematic Universe idea, specifically in creating its own. A good one, mind you, but still.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Plot twist: they actually use Anya as Spider-Man's replacement in the MCU

Since per this interview with DeFalco, it's Marvel and not Sony who have the rights to Anya.

(Althought I'm like 90% that he's making stuff up Claremont style.)

Into the Spider-Vese was all about the Cinematic Universe idea, specifically in creating its own. A good one, mind you, but still.
    For the love of Spiderman, Into the spiderverse had nothing to do with cinematic universes. The closest thing to into the spiderverse was the 5th season of Spider-Man TAS. Disney passed on the team behind this project. There is no MCU cinematic look like with this film. Into the spideverse is a parallel universe done already in the animation. Cinematic is not similar to parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    For the love of Spiderman, Into the spiderverse had nothing to do with cinematic universes. The closest thing to into the spiderverse was the 5th season of Spider-Man TAS. Disney passed on the team behind this project. There is no MCU cinematic look like with this film. Into the spideverse is a parallel universe done already in the animation. Cinematic is not similar to parallel.
    It was intended to kick off a bunch of interconnected franchises if successful. That's what a cinematic universe is. Heck, Spider-Verse did what the DCEU failed to do; cutting right to the big team-up and shared universe stuff without the the gradual buildup to set that up.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It was intended to kick off a bunch of interconnected franchises if successful. .

what other franchise is intended apart from Spiderman? X-men? Hulk? Iron Man?

That's what a cinematic universe is. Heck, Spider-Verse did what the DCEU failed to do; cutting right to the big team-up and shared universe stuff without the the gradual buildup to set that up
    The movie is not cinematic universe intended. its a series that will have sequels and possible spin offs of Spiderman related stories/characters. This is the best Spiderman film since Spiderman 2, not having any cinematic nonsense or making a movie as a platform to set up something bigger ignoring the story (Amazing Spiderman movies) helped a lot. it was like the 2000s again when we had Spiderman 2 or X-Men 2.

Can we please just be allowed to enjoy pure stand alone movies again? some of us are sick of the cinematic universe nonsense. It was bad for us to sit through Spiderman as Iron Man's protege in Homecoming. this film is a good rebirth of what comic films are, not only as a Spiderman movie but for Marvel animation that has been in the gutter since Disney XD took over. As the fans of the thread have said, it needs to stay separate from the MCU.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-28-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Just Miles is fine by me. Several years from now when Peter is clearly supposed to be off to college, grad school, etc.