Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is there any possibility for Spider-Verse elements to appear in the MCU?

I'd be interested to see MCU versions of Spider-Gwen, or even Miles Morales (even though, as noted, Tom Holland's Spider-Man takes influence from Miles already).

I mean, with how popular they are it's probably reasonable to assume Marvel Studios might include them at some point, if they continue to make Spider-Man movies with Sony, and they have teased Miles.

I think the only issue then is figuring out how to incorporate them into the story of Holland's Peter. I don't think they should throw them in there just to have them, and upset the narrative of Spider-Man when Holland is still growing into the Spider-Man that people usually expect. I don't think he really needs to be bouncing of or hanging around with a bunch of other spider-people yet.

Like, I don't think Miles will work unless he's the younger Spider-Hero to Peter's older Spider-Man. They've tried to have them around the same age in some adaptions but I don't think it's worked as well compared to their dynamic when there's an actual age difference. Just compare the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon to the PS4 game. But just including Miles in a Peter story runs the risk of turning him into a sidekick. And then there's the question of how they'll portray him when the MCU has lifted some personality traits and circumstances from Miles and given them to Peter.

I think I can see them re-framing Spider-Gwen as a Black Cat-type love interest, if Felicia is potentially off-limits and they're not going to do any variant on classic Gwen.

But maybe with the Spider-Verse animated movies taking off with those characters there will feel less of a need to have to have them in the MCU movies.

BANNED

The MCU Spider-Man is produced by Disney and Sony. Sony still has the rights for all Spider-Man stuff. And the MCU Spider-Man is a deal whereby Marvel can use Spider-Man in crossovers and team-ups. That's where they make their real money. All the solo Spider-Man movies are essentially Sony movies still, and Sony gets most of the profits there.

So Miles and Spider-Gwen can come in the MCU if Sony says so. And after ITSV I don't see why they would want to do that.

Do you mean like creating new MCU versions of the characters in question or having a Roger Rabbit-style crossover?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I would think there's a possibility for anything. The real question is how likely are they? And that's a lot harder to answer.

We still haven't even seen She-Hulk in any of these movies.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Do you mean like creating new MCU versions of the characters in question or having a Roger Rabbit-style crossover?
    Creating new MCU versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    We still haven't even seen She-Hulk in any of these movies.
    Well, we haven't had a solo Hulk movie since 2008 because Marvel doesn't want to pay anything to Universal, which is probably the biggest reason on that front.

Less so an issue with Spider-Man right now, but She-Hulk is easier to integrate into a Hulk story then Miles and Spider-Gwen are in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

I would like to see elements of Spider-Verse in the MCU, but I have doubts, considering how different is the world of this Spider-Man/Peter Parker from the original/classic style.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we haven't had a solo Hulk movie since 2008 because Marvel doesn't want to pay anything to Universal, which is probably the biggest reason on that front.

Less so an issue with Spider-Man right now, but She-Hulk is easier to integrate into a Hulk story then Miles and Spider-Gwen are in my opinion.
    My point is, with the notable exception of War Machine, there aren't a lot of derivative characters in the MCU. Can that change in the future? Possibly.

Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

Actually I don't think they will do that at least now. After Fox be purchased by Disney,Marvel Studios has many alternatives. Too many spider-people in MCU may confuse the audiences.
    Last edited by FeliciaSpidey; 01-14-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Creating new MCU versions.
    I guess I don't "need" to see them there, but if Sony has a good story in mind, let 'em do it.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I guess I don't "need" to see them there, but if Sony has a good story in mind, let 'em do it.
    That's more on Marvel Studios then Sony, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's more on Marvel Studios then Sony, to be honest.
    Doesn't Sony have final say on the Spider-Man films?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I hope not. Not the Tom Holland version do his own thing, and let the animation do its own thing. They’re two very different things at the minute so let’s keep it that way.

I hope not. Keep spiderverse away from the MCU. MCU has diluted and destroyed Spiderman. let's not spread the fire to the one good animation of marvel after loosing X-men to the MCU. Spiderverse was great because it had nothing to do with cinematic universes. it was an unapologetic spiderman movie, the way it should always be.