Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Huntress (Helena Wayne) Appreciation (2019)

NOTE: This is a continuation of the previous "Huntress (Helena Wayne) Appreciation" thread, which can be read here:
    From the previous version of this thread (started by Internet-man in 2014),
    This is a thread dedicated to the awesomeness that is Helena Wayne and her fans.
    And, a nod to the pre-CoIE version, . . .

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. X (December 1985)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Huntress decks the Earth-1 Catwoman in BATMAN FAMILY #17. Art by Don Heck.

BatmanFamily17Huntress.jpg

For the New52 version,

from Worlds' Finest #0 (November 2012)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Huntress decks the Earth-1 Catwoman in BATMAN FAMILY #17. Art by Don Heck.

BatmanFamily17Huntress.jpg
    I love Don Heck’s Bronze Age DC work. Under appreciated talent.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

from Justice Society of America Annual #1 (2008)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Huntress by Kevin Mcguire from Superman/Batman #27.

HuntressS&B27.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Huntress by Kevin Mcguire from Superman/Batman #27.

I was thinking the Superman/Batman series wasn't going to be Helena Wayne, but that issue came out in 2006 and a little checking seems to show the story did involve the (pre-New52 / post-Infinite Crisis) version of Earth-2.

Extraordinary Member

I lost track of how exactly her and Power Girl's adventures kind of wrapped up in the short term as Rebirth approached. Anybody care to summarize for me?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I lost track of how exactly her and Power Girl's adventures kind of wrapped up in the short term as Rebirth approached.
    Same here.. I saw them during their time in Prime Earth and the Earth 2 society book.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Was browsing around Amazon and I saw that DC has a Jan 2020 release scheduled for a new trade collecting Paul Levitz's Helena Wayne Huntress stories

https://www.amazon.com/Huntress-Orig...dp/1779500726/
    The earliest stories of Huntress, one of the Gotham City heroes featured in the upcoming Warner Bros. film Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn, are collected in a new title.

Huntress is one of the Gotham City heroes featured in the upcoming Warner Bros. film Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn.
    From the parallel world known in the DC Universe as Earth-2, the Huntress is a unique hero -- the daughter of a hero and a villain: Batman and Catwoman. Helena Wayne was trained by her parents to become a superb athlete, and studied law with the hope of bringing criminals to justice. But after Catwoman is killed by a blackmailer who tried to force her into returning to her life of crime, Helena dons a costume of her own. Now, with her crossbow as her chosen weapon, the Huntress vows to avenge her mother's death. This title collects 1970s stories from DC Super Stars #17, Batman Family #18-20 and Wonder Woman #271-287, #289, #290, 294 and 295.
    I guess DC wanted some Huntress material on the shelves in time for the BoP movie, even though the Huntress in that movie is supposed to be Bertinelli...

(the contents seem like just a reissue of the older Huntress Dark Knight Daughter trade)

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    . . . the contents seem like just a reissue of the older Huntress Dark Knight Daughter trade
    Which was originally released in December 2006?

Incredible Member

I wonder if Helena Wayne will ever be introduced into the main comic. I could see her being born in issue 100 or something.

Fantastic Member

I like that idea let her be born in this continuity. The marriage does not last and in a way Helena Bertinelli becomes Helena's Wayne mentor later on in life and you have the best of both worlds where she becomes the huntress in batman beyonds timeline or before it with her half brother damian being the one inbetween bruce and terry. Though I admit I am more of a Bertinelli fan than the Wayne version but having them both exist in the same time is weird

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I wanna say she should be born by now considering how many times Bruce and Bat have sex, but he's gotta wear Bat-condom out of habit. Don't wanna leave DNA evidence all over the town.