Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Burton's Batman and BTAS are at the very core of my memories. I guess I have to be biased though I'd like to think I'd be open to something I like better. But my favorite thing is how Bruce isn't about being a good actor, those scenes with Vicki and those lighter Bruce joke moments from the show stick out to me.

My favorite comics often have him as all business, but I think Grant and Milligan from that same era really had it best.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

I like a Batman is who is Hell on Wheels when it comes to whomping up on bad guys, but isn't a SOB to this own family, that he can be a nightmare to bad guys but a Dad to Damian.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The one from the 70s and 80s, characterization wise, that was the best version.
    I will agree with this. In fact I would say this Batman was basically what early TAS was based on. He was a character who wasn't so hyper competent to the point where he wouldn't make mistakes. I don't see this Batman to be the same guy who would make contingency plans to take down his friends because he secretly doesn't trust them.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I like my Batman cyberpunk and born of problematic genetic manipulation.
    Ha, I get that reference!

Pretty much anything from Batman: Brave and the Bold to The Dark Knight Returns.

Fantastic Member

BTAS had the best characterization because they could pick his best traits and stories without being bogged by continuity. Glad we have that and the 70's 80' comics as well.

I want them all.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The comically serious Bat-Dad forever frustrated that everyone else is brightly colored and loud.

Seriously though, I don't need him to smile. He's fun because he's so serious and dramatic. I just don't need him to be an abusive jerk or at the center of attention in every gathering just because his book sells a million more copies than everyone else.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Medium rare.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Bronze Age, Pre-COIE Batman

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Similar to how he was in the original seasons of BTAS and pre-Crisis/the Bronze age: dark, mysterious and brooding, but not a complete *******. Who, while not perfect, still clearly loves and respects his inner circle and superhero colleagues.
    This, too!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The comically serious Bat-Dad forever frustrated that everyone else is brightly colored and loud.

Seriously though, I don't need him to smile. He's fun because he's so serious and dramatic. I just don't need him to be an abusive jerk or at the center of attention in every gathering just because his book sells a million more copies than everyone else.
    This sounds like the approach for TNBA, which I enjoyed, quite frankly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Fantastic Member

Reason I like him alone for the most part without the family so fans of the other characters will not complain about bruce