Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Saotome Ranma (Ranma 1/2) VS Senator Armstrong (Metal Gear Rising)

Ranma takes on the Senator who played college football at the University of Texas, not some cushy ivy league school and could have gone pro, had he not joined the army.

How does he do against the NANOMACHINES, SON Senator?

Ranma should be far, far faster than Amstrong. Not sure how he's ever getting tagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Ranma should be far, far faster than Amstrong. Not sure how he's ever getting tagged.
    *sigh*

Nanomachines, son.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ranma is still faster. Insane after image projecting speed. He also hits pretty damn hard too later on.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

ranma doesn't sound like someone who's from texas, play college ball, or has nanomachines.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

While Ranma can just attack him at will, I'm not sue he's got anything to break Armstrong's defences. Dude is crazy durable.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    While Ranma can just attack him at will, I'm not sue he's got anything to break Armstrong's defences. Dude is crazy durable.
    Does Armstrong have any counter to being literally tied into a knot? Like, is he flexible enough to untangle himself?

Also, for what it's worth, Ranma *thinks* he knows an instant KO pressure point, though he never got a chance to actually test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Does Armstrong have any counter to being literally tied into a knot? Like, is he flexible enough to untangle himself?

Also, for what it's worth, Ranma *thinks* he knows an instant KO pressure point, though he never got a chance to actually test it out.
    Like... Armstrong is basically a big hunkin' lump of super durable metal. He also doesn't actually have to think to engage his defences as his nanomachines respond to pressure.

Raiden, who is strong enough to swing around building sized mecha and such, literally couldn't make him move or really damage him with his punches. There's bits in their fight where he's full on fist of the north starring Armstrong in the chest and he's just standing there soaking it superman style.

I think Raiden is stronger than Ranma... I think. Ranma is pretty strong but I don't recall his limits being beyond what Raiden can do. The knot tying thing might not be a goer. IDK enough to comment I think.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

This is going to be a tough one. How DOES Raiden beat Armstrong in the end?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This is going to be a tough one. How DOES Raiden beat Armstrong in the end?
    Initially Armstrong beats the heck out of Raiden and breaks his high frequency blade with his hands. Raiden isn't able to damage him discernibly during this stage of the fight. Then Wolf shows up gives him Jet Stream Sam's awesome sword and Raiden has a long and protracted fight with Armstrong.

During this second round, Raiden wears away at Armstrong's nanomachine defences by repeatedly cutting him eventually getting him to the point where enough of the nanomachines are damaged that they can't keep up protecting his whole body. Raiden then does precise blade attacks on both his arms as he attacks him, then stabs Armstrong through the stomach. Armstrong continues to fight and they grapple a bit, Raiden headbutts him, rips the sword out of him again and then cuts repeatedly at the nanomachine defences on his chest before plunging his hand into Armstrong's chest and tearing out his heart which contained the bulk of the nanomachines and crushing it.

The full fight, including Armstrong in a giant crab tank at the start is here:

It is a hecka long but is also very cool. The end sequence is from 36:30 approx.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So it takes a special weapon to damage Armstrong, then? And he otherwise takes hits from a guy armed with a special sword who is also strong enough to toss around massive mecha?

I'm having problems seeing Ranma getting around this. I mean, Armstrong isn't hitting him until Ranma is so pooped he can move, buuuut...
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So it takes a special weapon to damage Armstrong, then? And he otherwise takes hits from a guy armed with a special sword who is also strong enough to toss around massive mecha?

I'm having problems seeing Ranma getting around this. I mean, Armstrong isn't hitting him until Ranma is so pooped he can move, buuuut...
    Armstrong can also do AoE attacks. Big gouts of fire, shockwaves and junk. He's kind of slo-mo to Ranma but he can throw some stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Armstrong can also do AoE attacks. Big gouts of fire, shockwaves and junk. He's kind of slo-mo to Ranma but he can throw some stuff out.
    I think Ranma has proven that throwing around huge blasts of fire near him isn't a good idea, but I'm not confident that his Vacuum blades could harm the good senator. He could figure out that the nanomachines react to Pressure though and use weaker attacks all over his body to overstrain them as you described above though.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well armstrong did kind of blizt jack at the start of their HTH fight but i'd chock that up him not thinking armstrong was a threat to him.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, Ranma had already dealt with Ryouga, who was of comparable strength to himself (Raiden seemed to be able to lock heads and trade headbutts with Armstrong well enough, he just couldn't immediately get through the durability), when was so durable that individual punches and kicks from Ranma "felt like a baby's tap" to him, and was able to get through that by punching him hundreds of times in the same spot so far it looked like one punch, which would probably work well here (especially since he won't be spending so much energy trying to dodge an alleged instant death touch.

And shooting out flames is a bad idea since the Hiryuu Shoten Ha one-shot Ryouga and Ranma was able to manipulate one with enough precision to make it easily punch straight through a massive stone water tap durable enough to only suffer superficial damage from Ryouga's strikes, or even Ranma being carried by Ryouga's cave-in clearing Shishi Hokodan ki-blast. Actually, come to think of it, Ranma also knows the Shishi Hokodan, so if his life gets endangered, he might be able to pull off Ryouga's Chou Shishi Hokodan, which Ryouga had used to turn football fields into meters-deep craters (a blast Ranma was able to endure when he braced for it), and to one-shot a guy who ignored Ryouga's punches and nearly killed Ryouga with a glancing blow.

Failing that, I guess Ranma could try and see if Armstrong's durability would work against tickling, or use the Parley du Foie Gras to cause Armstrong to choke on handfuls of sand, or maybe his own shirt, the moment he opens his mouth.