Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Widow May be the MCU's first R rated Film!

https://heroichollywood.com/black-wi...first-r-rated/

Will they do it or will it be pg-13?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    https://heroichollywood.com/black-wi...first-r-rated/

Will they do it or will it be pg-13?
    What are your thoughts on the idea that Black Widow may have once been the studio’s first R-rated film?
    Based on that, guessing not. Thankfully. There are no creative or financial incentives to start doing R rated MCU films.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 01-12-2019 at 06:21 PM.

It's not going to B R this isn't even debatable. It will be PG-13
    The J-man

Oops. You can close this topic then.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Based on that, guessing not. Thankfully. There are no creative or financial incentives to start doing R rated MCU films.
    Deadpool(and Logan) exists and they basically said they plan to keep Deadpool the same. So yes they are creative incentives to do a R movie. They might have to make mature line for it but they are properties like Luke Cage, Blade, Daredevil, Punisher, Black Widow and Wolverine that are better suited for a more mature approach.

I don't see financially but creatively Marvel can't keep producing the same type of movie over and over. The higher ups at smart enough to see they should be trying different styles when it makes sense

BANNED

Okay. All we have to do now is wait for the official announcement.

I will take a good guess and say, it will never come.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I don't see why?

I mean Widow won't be doing violence anymore brutal than what was going down in Winter Soldier and they still flat out killed people in that movie.

That headline seems like clickbait. Just because they "discussed it" means nothing.

My opinion though, is that the top priority is the story. If being "R" makes the story better, then go for it but doing it just for attention would be a big mistake. I imagine they'll just keep it in mind on the back burner depending on what the marketing department tells them is viable, and if some other highly successful rated-R movie comes out in the meantime that they'll want to trend-jump behind.

In order to get an R rating you'd need gratuitous sexual content or Gore maybe a combination of both. Strong language isn't going to get you an R unless its peppered throughout the film to a huge degree.

End of the day this is a business and it makes no sense to force an R. You can get the Dark Knight and much more intense subjects to a PG-13.

I'm sure they talked about making the film an R just liked they talked about making Avengers and Atman an R rated film
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    In order to get an R rating you'd need gratuitous sexual content or Gore maybe a combination of both. Strong language isn't going to get you an R unless its peppered throughout the film to a huge degree.

End of the day this is a business and it makes no sense to force an R. You can get the Dark Knight and much more intense subjects to a PG-13.

I'm sure they talked about making the film an R just liked they talked about making Avengers and Atman an R rated film
    If this was a new character but there already kids who are fans of the Avengers ans Black Widow is the only female character untill next month atleast. They arent gonna alienate fans that way. When we get our first R rated MCU character its gonna be a new character and loosely ties to the Avengers. There was Moonknight Rumors he could work. But making one of the established character R at this point seems forced like u said.

I'd love a ultra Violent R rated SQUADREN supreme movie. Or even just a Hyperion movie. Kinda a Superman gone wrong story. I just dont know who u make the good guy. When the Hyperion turn happens and you realize hes a monster playing hero who's gonna stop him. Iono if a movie where the main character is a monster who destroys his own planet with no hero would work but iono maybe. Get Terrentino to direct it if hes interested at all

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If this was a new character but there already kids who are fans of the Avengers ans Black Widow is the only female character untill next month atleast. They arent gonna alienate fans that way. When we get our first R rated MCU character its gonna be a new character and loosely ties to the Avengers. There was Moonknight Rumors he could work. But making one of the established character R at this point seems forced like u said.

I'd love a ultra Violent R rated SQUADREN supreme movie. Or even just a Hyperion movie. Kinda a Superman gone wrong story. I just dont know who u make the good guy. When the Hyperion turn happens and you realize hes a monster playing hero who's gonna stop him. Iono if a movie where the main character is a monster who destroys his own planet with no hero would work but iono maybe. Get Terrentino to direct it if hes interested at all
    Some years back Tarantino said he'd never direct a superhero movie, or at least not one based on an existing character.

Invincible Member

I don't think they'll make it R-rated. They don't want to hurt their merchandise potential.

Niffleheim

Feige has no plans for an R-rated movie.

Don't look for an R-rated Marvel movie in the wake of the success of such bloody and potty-mouthed movies such as Logan and Deadpool any time soon.

"My takeaway from both of those films is not the R rating; it's the risk they took, the chances they took, the creative boundaries that they pushed," explained Feige. "That should be the takeaway for everyone."

While the R rating is an easily identifiable trait of those movies, Feige cited the breaking of the fourth wall in Deadpool and the finality of the Wolverine story as examples of what made those movies stand out.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-dc-move-99507

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Some years back Tarantino said he'd never direct a superhero movie, or at least not one based on an existing character.
    he wanted to do a Luke Cage movie with Laurence Fishburne, but then people said he wasn't muscular enough and were suggesting other names and he got annoyed. I'm not sure it would have happened anyway
    The J-man

BANNED

I’m thinking after the acquisition is complete the old Fox Studios will become Disney’s adult oriented wing.
    I also think Marvel Studios and LucasFilms will move under the old Fox Studios, which would allow for a R rated Black Widow and Deadpool.

Or this might happen
    57ADA3EC-3281-4E33-AB45-F0D37E66E70F.jpg