Thread: Warhammer 40K

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Default Warhammer 40K

FOR THE EMPEROR!

I've seen this franchise mentioned several times on this forum, but there doesn't seem to be any official thread on it, so here it is. I got into it about half a years ago or so, and I've read the first five Horus Heresy novels, the first Ultramarines Omnibus, and now I'm reading the Ahriman Omnibus. I've also listened to the audiodrama The Calculus of Battle. I haven't played the game yet beyond on Kill Team mission and a brief tutorial, but I am putting together a Tzeentch Daemon/Thousand Sons/Scourged army for Vigilus.

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

a

"ABOUT-FUCKING-TIME. IT'S-PASS-TIME-YOU-NERD-DEDICATED-A-THREAD-TO-ME-AND-MY-SUPER-AWESOMENESS!"

When the cheese gets cheesier.

Well, not so much to talk about really as video games go except for a long, long series of average games. (and a couple of acceptable ones)

One thing i always found interesting about that universe though is the concept of warp. It's strangely clever and intriguing for such a bolter happy little universe.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 01-13-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    When the cheese gets cheesier.

Well, not so much to talk about really as video games go except for a long, long series of average games. (and a couple of acceptable ones)

One thing i always found interesting about that universe though is the concept of warp. It's strangely clever and intriguing for such a bolter happy little universe.
    Yeah, the warp is quite interesting. Given how fluctuating it is, one can emergy from it a few days after entering or centuries, even millennia. Also, if the Gellar field weakens even for a second, Chaos daemons will swarm the ship and kill/possess everyone; I haven't heard of any FTL systems in any other sci-fi franchises that have that.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    a

"ABOUT-FUCKING-TIME. IT'S-PASS-TIME-YOU-NERD-DEDICATED-A-THREAD-TO-ME-AND-MY-SUPER-AWESOMENESS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post

Anyone here checked out the news for the new Genestealer models:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/

My Orks keep getting their butts handed to them by the Eldar. They do pretty good against the bugs though.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    My Orks keep getting their butts handed to them by the Eldar. They do pretty good against the bugs though.
    Did you get any of the Speed Freeks vehicles? Also, what kind of Eldar were they?

Just announced yesterday, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is now out:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-2/

Preorder for the GS Cult Kill Team Starn's Disciples is up:
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US...iples-2019-eng

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Did you get any of the Speed Freeks vehicles? Also, what kind of Eldar were they?[/url]
    Dont have the speed freaks yet. Was waiting for the codex to come out. And they were dark eldar.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Dont have the speed freaks yet. Was waiting for the codex to come out. And they were dark eldar.
    From talking to a Dark Eldar player, I've heard that they were poor rules-wise for years, forcing the players to get creative. When they finally were made good, the bulk of their fanbase were already ace at using them, so now with better rules, they became quite nasty on the field.

In the news, the Genestealer codex is now on pre-order:
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US...6967+995043222

Has anyone here checked out the previews for the new Shadow Spear box? There's a bunch of new Primaris, a new Daemon Engine, a sorcerer called the Lord of Possession, new CSM and probably some other stuff. Also, the Abbadon model itself has been teased and it looks amazing.