Mighty Member

Default Resident Evil 2 remake

I'm excited as i've been a fan of the franchise for 23 years since i was 15 when the first game debuted on PS then when i was turning 17 i got RE 2 on PS with money i saved from high school janitorial work as i was blown away by the game as i played it on the week of being sick as i beaten both sides of the game.

This should be an awesome and scary remake like the RE 1 remake and be like RE 7.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post

I'm excited as i've been a fan of the franchise for 23 years since i was 15 when the first game debuted on PS then when i was turning 17 i got RE 2 on PS with money i saved from high school janitorial work as i was blown away by the game as i played it on the week of being sick as i beaten both sides of the game.

This should be an awesome and scary remake like the RE 1 remake and be like RE 7.
    Seriously how is this different than a film like Lion King? I have no issue with either but it's seems strange you're ok with one visual upgrade remake of a beloved classic but not another.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Seriously how is this different than a film like Lion King? I have no issue with either but it's seems strange you're ok with one visual upgrade remake of a beloved classic but not another.
    Because Lion King does not need a CGI live action remake when the original was perfect and was lightning in a bottle on film and feels like a lazy moneygrab while this is a game and this game seems to go back to some ideas that were suppose to be in the original RE 2 game but never made it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Because Lion King does not need a CGI live action remake when the original was perfect and was lightning in a bottle on film and feels like a lazy moneygrab while this is a game and this game seems to go back to some ideas that were suppose to be in the original RE 2 game but never made it.
    You don't know if they're adding anything new to the Lion King and call it a cash grab but please not lazy a lot of people are doing hard work to make it. Now again personally I have no issue with with either but it seems you're giving a pass to something you like if this was a film you'd IMO be calling this a cash grab and why don't develop something new and let this franchise die.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

This looks awesome tbh. I loved the original and this only seems to be expanding upon the story and gameplay in areas that the original did/could not touch on at the time due to constraints such as available videogame technology.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Man,it's great. It was my first game i bought in PSX at age 12. I remember that while tough,i never killed that easy in the original one. Now, even at normal, it's tough as nails and the ammo is scarce so, you have to run much more that the original one.I am afraid what would happen with Mr X encounters...
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Apparently it’s basically been confirmed that RE3 is getting the same treatment after the reception of REmake2

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Apparently it’s basically been confirmed that RE3 is getting the same treatment after the reception of REmake2
    Mr X revamp was great. Imagine the the stress against nuNemesis.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Got this free thanks to an AMD Reward when I got my new video card back in December. Pretty damn awesome. I was never big on Resident Evil, I was always more a Silent Hill guy, but 2 was the one installment that I did play a lot of back in the day. Good revamp and I'm stoked to hear they're going to continue and do 3.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    That is some good news.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Well, I am still just as terrible at this game as I was 21 years ago

Overall though, it has been a lot of fun reliving this story with a few new twists and turns.

Oh, and the game is still terrifying as hell!