Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Mighty Member Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    I don't really like Van Lente's origin. The original premise of that mini, a crazy adventure that he pulled a random waitress into, is more compelling than what the actual story turned out to be, and the ending just puts these weird question marks over everything he does. The memory loss concept is cool, though. I hope Nick somehow just does a spotlight issue somewhere to clear things up.
    "The monitor is lagging, I can't stop throwing up, I'm better than you"

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,043

    Default

    When I was in college, as part of a design class, we had to redesign a superhero/villain design. While everyone else did Batman, and Batman, and actually there was a Cyclops outfit that Marvel may have ripped off for the Phoenix force one, I convinced my team to go with Taskmaster. Actually, now that I think about it, our "resesign" ended up looking way too much like the Udon outfit, but since he's so obscure to most normal people, I don't think anyone cared.

    The whole memory retcon had just come out and it actually made the whole thing a lot easier because now we had a reason for why his suit would need to be a certain way. And Van Lente was very nice and helpful in his emails about the design.

    So that's part of th reason I like the memory loss retcon. Plus, it's an easy thing for writers to ignore or take up depending on what they want to do.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    When I was in college, as part of a design class, we had to redesign a superhero/villain design. While everyone else did Batman, and Batman, and actually there was a Cyclops outfit that Marvel may have ripped off for the Phoenix force one, I convinced my team to go with Taskmaster. Actually, now that I think about it, our "resesign" ended up looking way too much like the Udon outfit, but since he's so obscure to most normal people, I don't think anyone cared.

    The whole memory retcon had just come out and it actually made the whole thing a lot easier because now we had a reason for why his suit would need to be a certain way. And Van Lente was very nice and helpful in his emails about the design.

    So that's part of th reason I like the memory loss retcon. Plus, it's an easy thing for writers to ignore or take up depending on what they want to do.
    neat. one thing I did like about the Unthinkable story was the inclusion of Mercedes Merced. the whole thing really humanized Taskmaster while not making him less of a villain. all that time in the Initiative and I bet that Taskmaster and Constrictor didn't realize that they have the rogue SHIELD agent thing in common. well, actually, I think Taskmaster somehow knows about his former SHIELD service. he said as much when they got arrested in Spider-man's book (weird given the end of Unthinkable).
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    FrankenCastle was a pretty good run, though.

    Thinking back on Civil War and Dark Reign and even Secret Empire and it's no wonder Taskmaster might like the idea of just hanging out with Eric and running some smaller scams and schemes.

    They have fun, it's sort of easy and involves known entities that are at his level, and the money isn't too bad. And no Osborn or Nazis!
    we'll see how that works out for him pretty soon. working for Kraven might be just as risky. I wonder if Eric might have told him the truth about his past. he was there (or has the memories of being there) when Nick Fury explained that Taskmaster was former SHIELD and amnesic because of his augmentation. that might be another reason why he likes having him around; he's a tie to the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,043

    Default

    I am almost certain Marvel ripped off of a Cyclops design one of my classmates did lol

    I feel like the memory loss thing is sort of one of those things that you can keep in the back of your mind and create your own headcanon around.

    Like, is he just hanging out with Black Ant because he wants to bum around and have a fun partner? Or could Black Ant be a useful person to have around when your memory is utter crap?

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I am almost certain Marvel ripped off of a Cyclops design one of my classmates did lol

    I feel like the memory loss thing is sort of one of those things that you can keep in the back of your mind and create your own headcanon around.

    Like, is he just hanging out with Black Ant because he wants to bum around and have a fun partner? Or could Black Ant be a useful person to have around when your memory is utter crap?
    it's funny to think of Taskmaster freaking out whenever he wakes up in Bagalia. there's all of these costumed criminals saying hi to him (or trying to kill him). but he has no friggin clue who they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  7. #37
    Mighty Member Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Since we were discussing competency earlier, Spencer has now confirmed that the boys are doing most of the hunting for Hunted themselves, successfully.
    "The monitor is lagging, I can't stop throwing up, I'm better than you"

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's funny to think of Taskmaster freaking out whenever he wakes up in Bagalia. there's all of these costumed criminals saying hi to him (or trying to kill him). but he has no friggin clue who they are.
    I imagine he looks at his wiki page a lot just to remember what he did last week.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I imagine he looks at his wiki page a lot just to remember what he did last week.
    those are easy to edit. I wouldn't trust that around Eric. he's notorious for updating his own files with false information.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Since we were discussing competency earlier, Spencer has now confirmed that the boys are doing most of the hunting for Hunted themselves, successfully.
    neat. I wonder what this is all about, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •