Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Poor, poor Ant-Man...especially since everyone is going to want to murder him for getting them into that trap in the first place.
    if what Taskmaster did to him didn't kill him, I like Black Ant's chances. he's in his element. like Black Widow said, he's like a cockroach; very hard to kill. then again, he's not part of the Giant-Men mini. if anyone has earned the right to kill the character off, it's Spencer. I wonder if this takes place before or after Taskmaster's most recent appearances in Bagalia.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-27-2019 at 08:06 AM.

This issue of Hunted got me in the feels. Taskmaster lost a buddy and a hangout. I hope that he gets his antidote.

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, the bromance is back on!!

thought Black Ant would have more to do once he was caught.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    thought Black Ant would have more to do once he was caught.
    yeah, me too. but, realistically, he'd just hide. he got his joke quota in. and he's alive. i'll take it.

Comic Geek in General

Kinda want this duo to appear in other books.......they’d give Wolverine a hard time, maybe stay a step ahead of the other X Peopls (Taskmaster could easily out tactic Cyclops, while Black Ant well, let’s hope he doesn’t accidentally perv Storm, M, Jean, ok, any of the female X members, especially those Wolverine is close to), maybe even out fight Deadpool.........

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Kinda want this duo to appear in other books.......they’d give Wolverine a hard time, maybe stay a step ahead of the other X Peopls (Taskmaster could easily out tactic Cyclops, while Black Ant well, let’s hope he doesn’t accidentally perv Storm, M, Jean, ok, any of the female X members, especially those Wolverine is close to), maybe even out fight Deadpool.........
    That could be cool. They've both fought Deadpool before. Wolverine gave Eric (long before the Black Ant stuff) his first hero attaboy; after he saved Nick Fury's life (Enemy of the State). Both have avoided the X-verse. Maybe Gyrich could give them a job. I'm not picky.

pic is from the new Black Widow movie. there's speculation (and i stress *speculation*) that this is Taskmaster. i don't see it. but it allowed me to bump the thread.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I definitely think it is. You can see the guy has a hood but it's not on. His armour clearly has a blue, orange and grey colour scheme (mostly blue though), and it looks like he's using a bow with those same colours.

The helmet is the only thing that looks off, but these are all unclear pics so maybe a clearer photo will show it at least looks a little like a skull.

are they making him russian? i kind of hope not. it vaguely resembles the Udon armor. i want Taskmaster to get his due. just not sure that this was the way to do it. guess we'll find out.

big moves for Tony

on another note, i was thinking about the next step in the story for Taskmaster and Black Ant. they kind of fall in that gray category between neutral and criminal right now. they aren't bank robbers. but they aren't opposed to taking morally questionable assignments. being that they've probably made a lot of enemies in the marvel villain underworld, i think they should reach out to the government for employment. they are both former SHIELD. they are both former Avengers. they have some notoriety from their affiliation with Hydra Cap and the recent abductions of animal-themed villains. that might interest someone like Henry Peter Gyrich (or whomever has filled his shady govt. guy role). i could easily see them being thugs with badges. it worked for Avalanche and other members of Freedom Force. and they did seem to have loftier goals before being forcibly inducted into Hydra. they were set to become weapons contractors.

pretty sweet drawing from tumblr