Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If you were going to cast both Tony and Eric for a third Ant Man movie who would you pick? Been thinking about the plot of a third film and had them in mind as the villains/anti heroes, along with some English actor playing Black Fox (Sean Connery is sadly not available) and Marion Cotillard as Monica Rappaccini with a far better take on Advanced Ideas Mechanics than we got with Iron Man 3.

I also have a decent origin for O’Grady within the MCU which takes some inspiration from his comic run, basically spinning out of The Winter Soldier and the fall of the Triskellion, plus how things were left between Pym and SHIELD in his heroing days.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    well his code seems to be a looser version of Paladin's. it all depends on how much he's being paid and the risks involved. generally, he doesn't like to get his hands dirty. and accidentally killing innocents gets you placed in the harder to escape prisons. then there's that memory loss stuff. I wonder what he'd think about his little girl working for A.I.M.
    Yes he does what he is hired for and just that. The fact he immediately joined the initative and did good work and immediately joined with the Hydra is great. He is the best true mercy in comics ( and I include Deadpool).

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Yes he does what he is hired for and just that. The fact he immediately joined the initative and did good work and immediately joined with the Hydra is great. He is the best true mercy in comics ( and I include Deadpool).
    I kind of wonder how much he has screwed himself by taking Kraven's job? he and Black Ant have kind of broken a big villain taboo. a lot of burnt bridges. I don't know that Taskmaster ever hangs out with the bar with no name. but I can imagine him getting a cold reception after this Big Hunt is over. they both should be independently wealthy after this is over; if they survive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    If you were going to cast both Tony and Eric for a third Ant Man movie
    Joe Manganiello has been my pick for Taskmaster for awhile (prior to the Deathstroke stuff). I just think he has the right build, age, and accent. Eric Christan Olsen has been my 'Eric' for awhile too. he just looks appropriately sleazy to me. that's my two cents.

my other choice for Eric is Rory Culkin. he's good at playing loserish characters.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-26-2019 at 11:11 AM.

for comparison's sake, this is Taskmaster w/o his mask

In case you missed it, Taskmaster and friend were in yesterday's issue of Amazing Spider-man. And it was a good showing for them against Black Cat. People were worried about Taskmaster being downgraded. Lie detector shows that to be a lie. I know it wasn't intentional. But the poker game was a good not to Eric's original series. He used to play with his other mentor.

Taskmaster made a couple of appearances this week (in Punisher and Amazing Spider-man). he had a decent (if predictable) fight with Frank Castle. I wonder how many times in his career Tony has been hit by a moving vehicle. he needs to invest in some body armor. they play up his respect for Frank a lot (or have in this story). maybe in another life, they could have been buds. i might suggest that Taskmaster go for the headshot next time. there's no money in feeding an ego.

That Taskmaster fight was actually pretty good. I enjoyed Punisher a lot this month.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That Taskmaster fight was actually pretty good. I enjoyed Punisher a lot this month.
    i like that it moved the story forward. this one's a bit drawn out. Zemo's about to get his purple sock kicked.

looking to the future, Taskmaster and Black Ant's mercenary cred should be through the roof. they could easily transition into shady government work like Avalanche and Commando. but i'm also sort of hoping that they wind up in some kind of Thunderbolts outfit. they wouldn't work as your standard bank robber villains. and there isn't a Masters of Evil to align with.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I kind of wonder how much he has screwed himself by taking Kraven's job? he and Black Ant have kind of broken a big villain taboo. a lot of burnt bridges. I don't know that Taskmaster ever hangs out with the bar with no name. but I can imagine him getting a cold reception after this Big Hunt is over. they both should be independently wealthy after this is over; if they survive it.
    on the plus side other than Owl I don't think they grabbed a lot of bosses. Scorpion and vulture don't hire a lot of henchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    on the plus side other than Owl I don't think they grabbed a lot of bosses. Scorpion and vulture don't hire a lot of henchmen.
    I actually expect the Owl to not make it out of the hunt. He's been kicked around a lot in the past decade. They should worry about Vulture. He's vindictive and old enough that he has nothing to lose.

Et Tu, Tony?!

j/k this is why I love these guys!

Extraordinary Member

Poor, poor Ant-Man...especially since everyone is going to want to murder him for getting them into that trap in the first place.