Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

I like the story of bruce being batman without his money. Bruce being a street fighter like Ken Masters and his parents being alive would be nice and have a rivalry with Shiva who feels the same way beating strong oppenents sometimes saving the world other times not. Bruce in his later years instead of being holed up at home when he no longer can be batman physically actually teaches those with powers or not how to be heroes. Having a younger sister with magical powers and trying to protect her from the supernatural along side his girlfriend zatanna. Batman not having the no gun and not to kill ideals rescinded.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really want a DC Elseworld epic focusing on all the heroes fighting Nazis.
    I had an idea kind of like this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I kinda want to see a Jewish Batman set during Nazi era Germany, where he hides his Jewish identity during the day and fights the rising tide of antisemitism and Nazism at night, protecting and helping the German Jews flee the country pre-WW2 and sabotaging and attacking concentration camps during the war. He would have a slightly more soldier-y/militarized costume during the war half of the story versus a slightly more pulpy one during the pre-war portion, but both costumes would include the Star of David with the Bat-symbol somehow (either in the Bat or around the Bat).

I'd also want to include a very powered down, Captain America-esque Jewish Superman as part of the American and Allied forces during the second half. Still a little iffy on plot points though. Robin/Dick would be a concentration camp survivor Batman helped free, maybe even include a version of Jason and Tim somehow too. Actually make Dick a gypsy (they also were prosecuted under the Nazis) who Batman takes in during the pre-war period, and then introduce Jason and Tim during the war half.

Not sure if or how I would include other Bat characters in this though. Trying to fit in a Nazi Joker would probably be a bit too much (then again, having some poor sap turn white and crazy in a failed supersoldier experiment might work). But Gordon as a GI or something would be cool. Maybe make Catwoman an Allied spy (maybe Russian/Soviet) possibly. Alfred has to be in it somehow, and still British.

Anyways, something like that.
    Expanding on it some more, I'd have Alfred as a senior military guy (not a general, but a veteran who's higher up than a soldier) in the British army who also happens to have had a friendship with Bruce's (or a good German name equivalent of "Bruce Wayne" really, but I don't know any good German names) parents back in the day (Bruce's father was a famous surgeon who often traveled outside of Germany for special cases and Alfred met him then). Batman saves his life during a Nazi ambush or something, and when the war is over becomes Bruce's butler after the war.

I'd end the story not with Batman hanging up the cape and cowl after the war is over, but getting ready to travel abroad with the implication being that he's going after escaped nazi war criminals. Alfred and Dick come along with him on the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh... and 90s sitcom version of the family, where there are no superheroing and the villains are annoying neighbors instead
    Would Joker be Kimmy Gibbler, Urkle, or someone else?

Would Bruce be single, divorced, or with Selina/Talia?

Would he just have the boys, or would Cass and later on, Helena, join in?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I had an idea kind of like this in another thread:

Expanding on it some more, I'd have Alfred as a senior military guy (not a general, but a veteran who's higher up than a soldier) in the British army who also happens to have had a friendship with Bruce's (or a good German name equivalent of "Bruce Wayne" really, but I don't know any good German names) parents back in the day (Bruce's father was a famous surgeon who often traveled outside of Germany for special cases and Alfred met him then). Batman saves his life during a Nazi ambush or something, and when the war is over becomes Bruce's butler after the war.

I'd end the story not with Batman hanging up the cape and cowl after the war is over, but getting ready to travel abroad with the implication being that he's going after escaped nazi war criminals. Alfred and Dick come along with him on the journey.
    I love ALL of this.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.