Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Aliens Predator Prometheus: Fire and Stone

I couldnt find a dedicated thread for this upcoming event from Dark Horse so I figured I'd start one.

There actually was a SDCC panel which seems to have flown completely under the radar for most major websites, but I was able to find this report which elaborates a lot on what has been going on, the reasons for the delays, the creator's plans and so on.

http://comicsbeat.com/sdcc-14-dark-h...-beyond-panel/

Its quite a bit of info, but I found this of particular interest:

Roberson made mention that the key directive was to “start from the films and go from there”, and the only films that team really concentrated on were: Prometheus, Alien, Aliens, and Predator. Sebela, when asked, said that the two Aliens vs. Predator films were not canon to his series.
    Now thats the way to go for this particular franchise in my opinion.

I have enjoyed books from some of the creators involved in the past, and others I haven't had the chance to read yet; and I have to say that Im quite excited about reading this, unlike that other cinematic franchise that got most of the press.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I was at the panel at SDCC. It was really a great panel. All the art and writers and staff seem to really love the movies and want to stay true to the good ones. And Chris seems like such a fanboy when he talks about this stuff, so I could tell that he would not count the AvP movies in his story lol. Cause those were....ummm well not good at all haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

been looking forward to this relaunch for a while now.

here are the released solicits so far... i'll update this post once more become available. all in all this event will have 17 issues.

Prometheus: Fire and Stone #1 (of 4)
    Paul Tobin (W), Juan Ferreyra (A), David Palumbo (Cover), and Paul Pope (Variant cover)
    On sale Sept 10
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    When the Prometheus never returned from her fateful journey to LV-223, the questions surrounding the origins of man went unanswered. Now a new team of explorers seeks to uncover the dark mystery that holds not only the fate of the original mission, but possibly their own damnation.
    • Ties directly into the hit motion picture!
    • First issue in a blockbuster crossover event!

Aliens: Fire and Stone #1 (of 4)
    Chris Roberson (W), Patric Reynolds (A), Dave Stewart (C), David Palumbo (Cover), and Fiona Staples (Variant cover)
    On sale Sept 24
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    During a vicious xenomorph outbreak, terraforming engineer Derrick Russell leads a desperate group of survivors onto a rickety mining vessel. They hope to escape the creatures overrunning their colony -- but they'll face horrors both in space and on the strange planet they crash on. Ties in with the Prometheus and Aliens films!
    • First issue in an exciting direction for Aliens!
    • From critically acclaimed writer Chris Roberson!
    • Variant cover by Fiona Staples (Saga, North 40)!

Alien vs. Predator: Fire and Stone #1 (of 4)
    Christopher Sebela (W), Ariel Olivetti (A), E. M. Gist (Cover), and Mike Mignola (Variant cover)
    On sale Oct 8
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    As the mercenary crew of the Perses leave the horror of LV-223 behind them, one passenger reveals a terrible new danger, and the crew soon find themselves in a deadly struggle between predator and prey!
    • The Prometheus crossover event heats up!
    • Written by the acclaimed Christopher Sebela (Dead Letters, Ghost)!
    • Art by Ariel Olivetti (Cable, Conan and the People of the Black Circle)!

Prometheus: Fire and Stone #2 (of 4)
    Paul Tobin (W), Juan Ferreyra (A), and David Palumbo (Cover)
    On sale Oct 15
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    After landing on LV-223, a recovery crew uncovers the fate of the Prometheus’s doomed mission—and a horror unlike anything known to man!
    • Ties directly into the hit motion picture!
    • The core title of Dark Horse’s Aliens and Predator relaunch!
    • Art by Bleeding Cool’s Artist of the Year, Juan Ferreyra (Colder, Kiss Me Satan!)!

Predator: Fire and Stone #1 (of 4)
    Joshua Williamson (W), Chris Mooneyham (A), Dan Brown (C), Lucas Graciano (Cover), and Alex Maleev (Variant cover)
    On sale Oct 22
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    As the Perses begins her long journey home, a deadly stowaway forces the crew into a savage conflict! While the crew defend themselves against this unseen predator, the hunter itself stalks a much more substantial game!
    • Dark Horse’s Prometheus event sharpens its claws!
    • Joshua Williamson (Ghosted, Nailbiter) is Multiversity’s breakout writer of 2013!
    • Variant cover by Alex Maleev (Batman, Avengers)!

Aliens: Fire and Stone #2 (of 4)
    Chris Roberson (W), Patric Reynolds (A), Dave Stewart (C), and David Palumbo (Cover)
    On sale Oct 29
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    After crashing their clunky mining ship on a strange planet, a group of human survivors face both xenomorph attacks and friction among themselves—which could spell doom for everyone! The stranded and desperate group has a single chance: one of their scientists, who seeks the key to their freedom.
    • Ties in with the Prometheus and Aliens films!

Alien vs. Predator: Fire and Stone #2 (of 4)
    Christopher Sebela (W), Ariel Olivetti (A), and E. M. Gist (Cover)
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    A terminally ill scientist’s desperate experiment yields deadly results, and offers the Predators a chance to hunt an invincible new game!
    • Written by Christopher Sebela (Dead Letters, High Crimes, Ghost)!
    • Art by Ariel Olivetti (One-Hit Wonder, Conan and the People of the Black Circle)!

Prometheus: Fire and Stone #3 (of 4)
    On sale Nov 12
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    Chaos breaks loose when a member of the Prometheus’s recovery team is exposed to the dangerous and mysterious genetic accelerant! Now, with the crew divided and hope for survival fleeting, a terrifying discovery offers a glimpse into the fate of the Prometheus . . . and the colony on LV-426!
    • The blockbuster crossover event heats up!
    • From Eisner Award-winning writer Paul Tobin (Colder)!
    • Art by Bleeding Cool’s Artist of the Year, Juan Ferreyra (Colder, Kiss Me Satan!)!

Predator: Fire and Stone #2 (of 4)
    Joshua Williamson (W), Chris Mooneyham (A), Dan Brown (C), and Lucas Graciano (Cover)
    On sale Nov 19
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    After the mayhem and terror of Weyland-Yutani’s disastrous mission to the site of the Prometheus, Galgo’s troubles continue when his ship is shanghaied by a Predator stowaway! Its obsession with a mysterious, deadly quarry sends them to the last place in the universe Galgo’d like to revisit—the Xeno-infested LV-223!
    • Dark Horse’s Prometheus event goes on the prowl!
    • Joshua Williamson (Nailbiter, Captain Midnight) is Multiversity’s breakout writer of 2013!
    • Five Ghosts’s Chris Mooneyham pits Predator against vicious game!

Aliens: Fire and Stone #3 (of 4)
    Chris Roberson (W), Patric Reynolds (A), Dave Stewart (C), and David Palumbo (Cover)
    On sale Nov 26
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    With their numbers dwindling and hopes for rescue fading, the desperate survivors on the strange planet known as LV-223 fight among themselves. A lone scientist may hold the key to their freedom, though—if everyone can live long enough to hear him out! Ties in with the Prometheus and Aliens films!
    • An exciting new direction for Aliens!

Alien vs. Predator: Fire and Stone #3 (of 4)
    On sale Dec 3
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    When a Predator is exposed to a mysterious genetic accelerant, the rest of the hunting party is put in unforeseen peril. And as the android Elden continues his violent evolution, his xenomorph allies reject him from the hive.

Prometheus: Fire and Stone #4 (of 4)
    On sale Dec 10
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    Casualties rise as the Prometheus’s recovery team find themselves trapped between an unrelenting alien horde, a ruthless Engineer, and a vengeful victim of the mysterious accelerant!
    • The blockbuster crossover breaks new ground!
    • From Eisner Award–winning writer Paul Tobin (Bandette, Colder)!
    • Art by Bleeding Cool’s 2013 artist of the year, Juan Ferreyra (Colder, Kiss Me, Satan!)!

Predator: Fire and Stone #3 (of 4)
    Joshua Williamson (W), Chris Mooneyham (A), Dan Brown (C), and Lucas Graciano (Cover)
    On sale Dec 17
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    Back among the crewmates he betrayed in Prometheus, Galgo must watch over both shoulders, as his former allies want him to pay, and the Predator that holds him captive wants something far more terrible!
    • Joshua Williamson (Nailbiter, Captain Midnight)—Multiversity’s breakout writer of 2013!
    • Five Ghosts’s Chris Mooneyham pits Predator against vicious game!

Aliens: Fire and Stone #4 (of 4)
    On sale Dec 24
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    Tying in with the Prometheus and Aliens films, this tale of stranded survivors and the tenacious xenomorphs that stalk them comes to a close! Scientist Derrick Russell makes more stunning discoveries about the strange planet the Hadley’s Hope refugees crashed on, while Aliens close in on him!
    • Ties directly into two hit motion pictures!

Alien vs. Predator: Fire and Stone #4 (of 4)
    On sale Jan 14
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    As a desperate scientist's violent evolution reaches its deadly apex, an alien-and-predator battle royale erupts in the bowels of the doomed Geryon armada! Now, on a ship of killers—there can be only one survivor . . .

Predator: Fire and Stone #4 (of 4)
    On sale Jan 28
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    As the Predator sets out on his greatest hunt, Galgo must decide if atoning for his past sins is worth the ultimate sacrifice!
    • The ultimate game is revealed in the heart-stopping climax!
    • From the artist of Five Ghosts!
    • Sets up Kelly Sue DeConnick's epic, oversized special, Prometheus: Fire and Stone—Omega!

Prometheus: Fire and Stone - Omega
    Kelly Sue DeConnick (W), Agustin Alessio (A), and Dave Palumbo (Cover)
    On sale Feb 11
    FC, 48 pages
    $4.99
    One-shot
    Angela and her fellow survivors are stranded on LV-223, but their mission is not over yet. The answer to their quest could be hidden deep underground, but the strangest nightmare of all stands in their way.
    • From writer Kelly Sue DeConnick (Bitch Planet, Captain Marvel, Pretty Deadly).
    Last edited by Ying Ko; 11-18-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Nice one crossbones

I also found this earlier preview, with some preview art; which I think looks really great.

So Adrian Brody's Predators, is not in cannon, I did like that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Oh man I completely forgot about that movie for some reason, it was indeed really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I don't think its not, not cannon. I just don't think they are going to talk about it at all. Does not mean it did not happen.
    Pulls:

I was hoping we'd get more issues but this will do.
    Prometheus+Predator is always appreciated

I think I'm looking forward to Prometheus & Aliens the most of the four minis. I like Predator but some of the crosssover work in the past has been kind of... meh.
    Pull List: Star Trek/Planet of the Apes, Ragnarok, Escape from New York, Rai and Transformers Drift.

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

So I'm confused, after the crossover, will there be a book leftover? Because all of these look quite amazing. Can't wait.

It was my understanding that Darkhorse is seriously commited to both the Alien & Predator characters and they're going to keep putting out mini series as long as they are selling.
    Pull List: Star Trek/Planet of the Apes, Ragnarok, Escape from New York, Rai and Transformers Drift.

Ya I think its going to be a series of mini series. Maybe they will get a ongoing if it sells well. But I kinda like the mini series plan.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-10-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    Pulls:

BANNED

according to this the full release schedule for Fire & Stone is as follows:

September:
    Prometheus #1 - 9/10/14
    Aliens #1 - 9/24/14

October:
    Alien vs Predator #1 - 10/8/14
    Prometheus #2 - 10/15/14
    Predator #1 - 10/22/14
    Aliens #2 - 10/29/14

November:
    Alien vs Predator #2 - 11/05/14
    Prometheus #3 - 11/12/14
    Predator #2 - 11/19/14
    Aliens #3 - 11/26/14

December:
    Alien vs Predator #3 - 12/03/14
    Prometheus #4 - 12/10/14
    Predator #3 - 12/17/14
    Aliens #4 - 12/31/14

January:
    Alien vs Predator #4 - 1/14/15
    Predator #4 - 1/28/15

February:
    Prometheus: Omega #1 - 2/11/15

I'm very much looking forward to this series of books (and new continuity) as well. There have been some recent new books set in a new "cannon" for Alien, I've been curious if DH comics series will be a part of the same continuity.

All-New Member

Can't wait till these get released. I hope for the sake of how easily confused I get that there will continue to be continuity going forward, but even if not I'm all in for these. I do not believe in passing up Alien and Predator comics