Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I think this will be fun to own all in one TPB format.. I know it won't be out for some time, but I will look forward to it.

Very much looking forward to these series. Dark Horse needs to fill the hole Star Wars is leaving...

I hope Prometheus expands on the story enough to explain stuff more in depth.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Definitely getting the Aliens miniseries. Not so much a fan of Predators, and I hated Prometheus, so I'm passing on those series and AvP.

BANNED

man, why is everybody hating on Prometheus?

just watched the blu-ray recently, and the movie was pretty damn good. especially when you watch the deleted scenes, of which there are over 30 minutes of. the movie definitely makes more sense after watching those.

this is one of those movies that desperately needs a director's cut with everything put back in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    man, why is everybody hating on Prometheus?

just watched the blu-ray recently, and the movie was pretty damn good. especially when you watch the deleted scenes, of which there are over 30 minutes of. the movie definitely makes more sense after watching those.

this is one of those movies that desperately needs a director's cut with everything put back in.
    Two words: Damon Lindelof.

Secondly, it would have been better as a genuine prequel to Alien (although prequels always suck). Oh well. Ultimately I wish Ridley Scott had done an Alien 5 with Sigourney Weaver.

BANNED

Lindelof is fairly successful, like lots of other people who have very vocal haters.

Prometheus is a movie that needs a few watches to really wrap your head around. Even then it has holes and stuff that should have been explained more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    Lindelof is fairly successful, like lots of other people who have very vocal haters.
    So what if he's successful? He's still a bad writer!

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    Two words: Damon Lindelof.

Secondly, it would have been better as a genuine prequel to Alien (although prequels always suck). Oh well. Ultimately I wish Ridley Scott had done an Alien 5 with Sigourney Weaver.
    It's not Lindelof's fault though. His first script was less ambiguous than the final script. Scott was the one telling him to do a more vague script.

I'm not sure what to think about the Prometheus series. I don't think that the next movie (was it Paradise Lost?) is going to revisit the same planet but putting out a new series that might be contradicted by the upcoming sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by SocializingMogo View Post
    It's not Lindelof's fault though. His first script was less ambiguous than the final script. Scott was the one telling him to do a more vague script.

I'm not sure what to think about the Prometheus series. I don't think that the next movie (was it Paradise Lost?) is going to revisit the same planet but putting out a new series that might be contradicted by the upcoming sequel.
    The reason Dark Horse and Co had to push the series back was that it collided with sequel story-wise and they had to scrap it and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by TFNN View Post
    Prometheus is a movie that needs a few watches to really wrap your head around. Even then it has holes and stuff that should have been explained more.
    I have a few issues with Prometheus and I have to say that I lay the blame mostly on Lindelof.

Why? Its a common problem with his writing: characters having completely unbelievable motivations and behaving very stupidly for the plot's sake. It happened all the time on Lost but I wont derail the thread going into that can of worms.

Spoiler tags in case anyone here hasn't watched Prometheus yet:

spoilers:

So a couple scientists seek to mount an expedition to the ass end of space on a leap of faith, all because some carvings in caverns that match a certain pattern in the stars where they think they might find the alien race that created man. Really??? I like to think of myself as a science-oriented person, and neither me nor anyone I know in my circle would ever take anything on faith.

But ok, they get the funding and a crew along with some particular members. They arrive at the place and turns out they were right; an alien civilization had an outpost there and its secrets are up for the taking. But instead of doing so in an orderly fashion (weather problems aside) they dive right it, striking gold by recovering a perfectly preserved alien head along with some mysterious black goo and even some records and assorted life-forms.
    So what do these "scientists" do? They run electricity thru the head and see if it will tick *major face palm* and arent careful at all with a completely unknown and potentially toxic substance, all the while someone decides its a good idea to pet the alien worm thats swiming the black pool. I mean come on!!!

Look I get it, its a movie and it needs drama - the situation has to turn bad fast to get to the action after the buildup. But there are much better ways to do it. See the original Alien movie for how its done.

On the other hand, it does explore some deep and intriguing questions about mankind's origins; leaving the audience wondering if they really did create us and why. And then about what was the whole point behind making those biological weapons in the first place. Also, Weyland is a selfish bastard; like we were hinted at during the course of the series. Now that was the meat of the movie.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 08-25-2014 at 02:57 PM.

BANNED

So what if he's successful? He's still a hack and a half!
    Not according to the industry since he is still getting work.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    I have a few issues with Prometheus and I have to say that I lay the blame mostly on Lindelof.

Why? Its a common problem with his writing: characters having completely unbelievable motivations and behaving very stupidly for the plot's sake. It happened all the time on Lost but I wont derail the thread going into that can of worms.

Spoiler tags in case anyone here hasn't watched Prometheus yet:

spoilers:

So a couple scientists seek to mount an expedition to the ass end of space on a leap of faith, all because some carvings in caverns that match a certain pattern in the stars where they think they might find the alien race that created man. Really??? I like to think of myself as a science-oriented person, and neither me nor anyone I know in my circle would ever take anything on faith.

But ok, they get the funding and a crew along with some particular members. They arrive at the place and turns out they were right; an alien civilization had an outpost there and its secrets are up for the taking. But instead of doing so in an orderly fashion (weather problems aside) they dive right it, striking gold by recovering a perfectly preserved alien head along with some mysterious black goo and even some records and assorted life-forms.
    So what do these "scientists" do? They run electricity thru the head and see if it will tick *major face palm* and arent careful at all with a completely unknown and potentially toxic substance, all the while someone decides its a good idea to pet the alien worm thats swiming the black pool. I mean come on!!!

Look I get it, its a movie and it needs drama - the situation has to turn bad fast to get to the action after the buildup. But there are much better ways to do it. See the original Alien movie for how its done.

On the other hand, it does explore some deep and intriguing questions about mankind's origins; leaving the audience wondering if they really did create us and why. And then about what was the whole point behind making those biological weapons in the first place. Also, Weyland is a selfish bastard; like we were hinted at during the course of the series. Now that was the meat of the movie.
    end of spoilers
    Lol nice ha ha

So what if he's successful? He's still a hack and a half!
    Genuinely curious, what is your issue with Lindelof and how exactly is he a hack?