Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

1st issue out tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Really excited for these, this will be my first time reading any of the Darkhorse books though. I love all the movies these series were based on but I'd have included Alien 3 and Predators in cannon.

I honestly don't know why it's so difficult to do a good AVP film. I had an old AVP PC game which I believe was distributed by Sierra which was fantastic and would have been a great way to structure a film.
    Why didn't anyone like AvP:R!?!

I freaking loved that one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TFNN View Post
    Why didn't anyone like AvP:R!?!

I freaking loved that one!!!
    I've watched AVP 1, many times and enjoyed it. But I only watched AVP:R once, what a mess, there was no plot that movie was just all over the place and the human characters was boring, they should have brought back Ms. Woods from the first film.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I've watched AVP 1, many times and enjoyed it. But I only watched AVP:R once, what a mess, there was no plot that movie was just all over the place and the human characters was boring, they should have brought back Ms. Woods from the first film.
    Ah but it did have a plot! But IMO it had nothing to do with the human characters, they were merely the human element and fodder to show what the gov will do to it's own people.

I looked at it a bit different and if anyone is or was military then may I present the true plot of AVP:R!

The Predator! It was all about him, screw the rest humans, they were there merely for the Aliens to mess with and show a nasty way the PredAlien laid it's eggs.

What do I mean by it being all about the Predator? Well see, I was once like him, though I was a sailor I was in weapons department, we stood all the armed watches. See the Predator was merely on "watch".

Predator space craft failed to notice the chest burster somehow and goes down in rural Colorado, all hell breaks loose and what happens? A distress beacon gets sent to the Predator that pulled watch that day...

Oh man! I just see a Predator, on weekend duty just wanting an easy day. Kick back, feet up, eat some tasty snacks maybe watch a game, play the latest FPS, check out some dirty mags, they got to have something to do on down time right!?! But nope, some dumb ass rookies get their asses handed to themselves and crash there ship...

Dammit...

Now on watch Predator has his chill day ruined and he's got to load up and fly off to earth to fix these dumbasses mistakes... MAN what jip!

So he flies out and starts to clean **** up and figure out what happened. He ain't there for the people, he could care less. He is the cleaner, leave no trace, you know he's done it before, he is missing a face flange...

So he goes about cleaning up this mess and tracking that nasty PredAlien.

At the end he is just pissed, especially when the people shoot at him. I bet he was cursing under that armored mask, and pissed! He was doing them a favor but noooo, stupid people got to shoot at him. By the time he reaches the PredAlien all I can think that is going through his head is the fact that he left his snack in the oven and forgot to record his game...

Then Blam, it's game over and they both go down. He got his 'glorious death' but man, I bet he was pissed they entire time, all cuz he pulled watch that day....

If they ever do an "assitant editors month" at Darkhorse that has jokey books I suggest you submit that pitch. I'd buy that.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    If they ever do an "assitant editors month" at Darkhorse that has jokey books I suggest you submit that pitch. I'd buy that.

I'll keep a look out

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    some early reviews for Prometheus 1 up @ comicbookroundup.
    Looks like the average is improving, as usual some reviewers like it and a couple dont.

I'll get caught up in a few days when I do my next comics run

I enjoyed it. Art is good but nothing mind blowing. It's set a few hundred years after Prometheus and opens up new questions and I just can't help but wonder what will happen when they open that door...

I thought this was a great intro. It hit a lot of the notes I needed to feel engaged and creeped out. I didn't realize the Xenos would appear so soon in this book though, I assumed it would be a looser crossover.

I think I'm going to watch Prometheus tonight and try to watch Alien and Aliens again within the next two weeks so everything is fresh in my mind.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I picked this up yesterday not really knowing what to expect, and I actually really enjoyed it.

Man, that's a way to end a first issue.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I so badly want to read this series, but money worries will probably force me to wait for the TPBs. I have nearly all of the old Dark Horse Aliens and Predator comics in some form or another. The comics began to seriously go downhill after about 1997, especially with the dreadful Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator. I seriously hope this new series turns things around.

I liked it. Probably the best art I've seen in a comic this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Pezzini View Post
    I liked it. Probably the best art I've seen in a comic this year.
    Really!

I didn't think it was bad by any means but didn't think it really stood out like some do either.

Quote Originally Posted by TFNN View Post
    Really!

I didn't think it was bad by any means but didn't think it really stood out like some do either.
    It was very detailed with a color palette that suited the comic. If not this one, what other comic was more beautiful than this one to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Pezzini View Post
    It was very detailed with a color palette that suited the comic. If not this one, what other comic was more beautiful than this one to you?
    Ok, I agree on the coloring. After I posted that I thought about it and I did find the coloring to be very well suited to story.

I actually loved the Darth Maul mini series. I thought the art in that series was perfect for the story. It even had blood! Which I can't recall seeing in a SW comic.