Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

I think the way they are releasing is to make you go "WTF?!? When did that happen? Who's that guy?"

It's set up to make you read the other issues to get the whole story. I would have preferred a straight up weekly comic.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Caught up with my copy of AvP #1 last night, and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. Its clear that it takes after the Prometheus mini ends, and the Aliens mini takes place at the start of this sprawling story (I'm speculating that the Predator mini takes place at the end); so its not hard to work up a timeline. The characters that show up present a bit of a spoiler about who survives and something happening to the Elden android, but they did manage to avoid spoiling the plot which was a good trade off for the publishing strategy.

The art by Olivetti was gorgeous, Im very glad that he avoided CGI backgrounds (like he used on his Conan mini) and kept things to his more usual straigh-up painting style. Everything on page looks perfect and his humans, Predators and Aliens are real eye candy.

Anyway, I think this review says it all - http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews...ly-immaculate/

Aliens issue 2, good. Same art so no complaints there. The story is getting more interesting...

[spoiler]and the finding of another ship and Engineers in hyper sleep can only lead to trouble. The Xeno's keep picking folks off one by one as expected but I do not believe they have a queen so I guess they are just eating...

The last panel is a tease. The black DNA oil looks to be combining a Xeno and one if the humans or mutating them both, not sure.
    [/spoiler]

Dark Horse shut down their message boards today...

BANNED

Fire & Stone just keeps getting better as more books keep coming out. the art on most titles is awesome as well.

i'm finally all read up and i'm definitely digging this event.

Quick ?, in Predator f/S #1, it says it takes place after Prometheus and before Pred #1, is this some weird typo or editors mistake? Aliens is first? correct? Then comes Prometheus, followed by AVP and then Predator..... or are they all interweaving? I just jumped on board with this event and have read all six issues released, Aliens 1,2; Prometheus 1,2; AVP 1 and Predator 1; and that typo or whatever in Predator 1 was the only thing making me scratch my head; otherwise this is just a sick seties with great mood coloring, perfect for the subject matter, hazy for Prometheus, dark for Aliens and some color boost for Predator, and a mingling of the 3 for AVP. It has inspired me to go check out Prometheus the film, I guess itll make sense of that first salvage in Alien (1979) with that giant laying in the chair with a chest split open.

Yeah, Aliens is set like 100 years after the film Prometheus and 100 years before the comic Prometheus. AvP sets up Predator and runs at the same time as AvP but takes place on a different ship.

Prometheus #2 was a good follow up; only thing that bothered me was the crew in charge of guarding the shuttle while the "rescue" party goes after Francis acting quite stupidly not securing their position at all, considering they just got their first taste of Xenomorphs you know?

And yeah, no wonder Elden ended up like that at the start of AvP...

isn't it strange that they act like they've never seen and/or heard of XM's seeing as this takes place after Aliens Fire and Stone (some 100 years later) surely they would have some idea of LV223's alien past.

Question, where does Ripley's first encounter with the Aliens fall in the timeline? Is Alien 4 part of canon or are they going to distegard the Ripley clone? Where are the space marines? timeline wise, I assume that Aliens (movie) is some 10 years after Alien, so there should be Space Marines in the Prometheus timeline (comic) or surely in the AVP and Predator timelines?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    isn't it strange that they act like they've never seen and/or heard of XM's seeing as this takes place after Aliens Fire and Stone (some 100 years later) surely they would have some idea of LV223's alien past.

I think that no one outside the Weyland-Yutani inner circle ever knew about what happened on Aliens Fire and Stone, as it seems that the only survivors were stuck living in a cave on LV223 until they died; the company likely kept a lid on it, so perhaps it's to be expected that this crew never heard of the Xenos before.

But man, after their first run in with what came out of that downed transport it sure was non sensical for them to hang out in the forest taking pictures of the "monkeys" while the bulk of the crew went out on a so called rescue mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Question, where does Ripley's first encounter with the Aliens fall in the timeline? Is Alien 4 part of canon or are they going to distegard the Ripley clone? Where are the space marines? timeline wise, I assume that Aliens (movie) is some 10 years after Alien, so there should be Space Marines in the Prometheus timeline (comic) or surely in the AVP and Predator timelines?!

I havent figured out where Alien fits in this yet, perhaps it'll be clear later on. But in Aliens, it is stated that Ripley spent 57 years in cryosleep floating in space after the Nostromo self-destructed. If not for a random sweep she might never been found.

No clue about whether Alien 4 is still canon, but I personally doubt that Fox would just erase it.

And I think its implied that this new expedition to find out what happened to Peter Weyland was so off the books that they couldnt get the Marines involved, which is why we have Galgo and his Mercs providing the firepower.
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 11-05-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Alien takes place in 2122, so 57 years later is 2179 and as quoted from wiki
    "Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) is rescued after drifting through space in stasis for 57 years. She is debriefed by her employers at the Weyland-Yutani Corporation over the destruction of her ship, the Nostromo; they are skeptical of her claims that an Alien killed the ship's crew and forced them to detonate the ship. Ripley later learns that LV-426, the planet where the Nostromo encountered the Alien eggs, is now home to a human terraforming colony, called Hadley's Hope."

Man, AVP #2 was awesome. A great new development that adds some intrigue to the mysteries of the black goo. Can't really elaborate more, since it would spoil some key points of the series. Sorry, but itll be worth the read if you havent read it yet

Quote Originally Posted by TFNN View Post
    Alien takes place in 2122, so 57 years later is 2179 and as quoted from wiki
    "Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) is rescued after drifting through space in stasis for 57 years. She is debriefed by her employers at the Weyland-Yutani Corporation over the destruction of her ship, the Nostromo; they are skeptical of her claims that an Alien killed the ship's crew and forced them to detonate the ship. Ripley later learns that LV-426, the planet where the Nostromo encountered the Alien eggs, is now home to a human terraforming colony, called Hadley's Hope."
    And missing such simple things is what I get for posting in a hurry :P

AvP 2 was a great issue! Interesting turn of events.

BANNED

anybody else a little creeped out by Elden in AVP?