Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Injustice vs Dark Multiverse

As far as I see, I can't stop thinking that even if Batman manages to win, Superman will eventually regain his power in "Injustice". After all, no matter the stories we see in alternative realities, the next time we see them, they are back to square one. And I believe I know just why Superman (even if he's a tyrant in Injustice) is destined to win over Batman: The Dark Multiverse.

I believe the reality of Injustice is a creation of the Multiverse to protect itself against the Dark Multiverse and Barbathos. Think about it, a Superman crazy-powerful that has fought against all dirty tricks of Batman for years could be the best option to fight against an army of sick and twisted Batmen who only desire is pure chaos. Even if his worst state, Injustice Superman sees himself as the one who protects his universe against monsters. And after seeing just the kind of monstrosities commited by the Dark Knights, I believe Injustice Superman's actions can't compare against them.

That's why I believe the multiverse needs that Superman wins in Injustice, so it can protect it against the Dark Multiverse. It would be interesting to see a battle like this one, right? The Regime against the Dark Knights, and ironically, the Regime would be the good guys in this situation. And with twisted versions of Batman causing chaos, the Insurgence will have the whole world turned against itself.

I could definitely believe that Injustice is a world within the dark multiverse. It makes sense; if the failed worlds of the Metal Knights were nightmarish reflections of Bruce's fears there's no reason there wouldn't be worlds that reflected Clark's. And a world where he's weak enough, blind enough, and selfish enough to become a tyrant after Lois' death must certainly be one of Clark's greatest fears.

Whether it's like an immune system......it's an interesting idea.....but does it fit? Is the dark multiverse "alive" enough to do that? I mean, the "dark multiverse" is just where worlds go when they can't find a home in the Orrery of Worlds. They sink, break apart, and get recycled by the World Forge (when bat-demons aren't screwing with things anyway). The dm is just a recycling bin. And if it is cognizant enough to respond, it was corrupted by Barbatos...so would it recognize the Metal Knights as a threat?

Perhaps Injustice could have been made by the Forger in case what's left the Metal Knights or Barbatos return. Ha, it's kinda funny to think that Hawkman is partially responsible for the Injustice Universe.

I dunno, but I do know that I'd be more than fine with using the dark multiverse as a bridge there; let's get a digital first mini where the main continuity meets Injustice. Or hell, go for broke and also bring in Batman 66, the Arrowverse, and Golden Age Earth-2. "Digital Crisis!"
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I could definitely believe that Injustice is a world within the dark multiverse. It makes sense; if the failed worlds of the Metal Knights were nightmarish reflections of Bruce's fears there's no reason there wouldn't be worlds that reflected Clark's. And a world where he's weak enough, blind enough, and selfish enough to become a tyrant after Lois' death must certainly be one of Clark's greatest fears.

Whether it's like an immune system......it's an interesting idea.....but does it fit? Is the dark multiverse "alive" enough to do that? I mean, the "dark multiverse" is just where worlds go when they can't find a home in the Orrery of Worlds. They sink, break apart, and get recycled by the World Forge (when bat-demons aren't screwing with things anyway). The dm is just a recycling bin. And if it is cognizant enough to respond, it was corrupted by Barbatos...so would it recognize the Metal Knights as a threat?

Perhaps Injustice could have been made by the Forger in case what's left the Metal Knights or Barbatos return. Ha, it's kinda funny to think that Hawkman is partially responsible for the Injustice Universe.

I dunno, but I do know that I'd be more than fine with using the dark multiverse as a bridge there; let's get a digital first mini where the main continuity meets Injustice. Or hell, go for broke and also bring in Batman 66, the Arrowverse, and Golden Age Earth-2. "Digital Crisis!"
    It's very unlikely that Injustice is one of the worlds inside the Dark Multiverse. A place where things go wrong doesn't mean it comes from a dark place. The Earth where we have the Crime Syndicate (the evil reflections of the Justice League) belongs to the New 52, in the main Multiverse. Also, if Injustice would be a world inside the Dark Multiverse, the moment Batman broke the barrier between realities to bring the other Justice League would have had more catastrofical consequences, considering how dangeroues these worlds are.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It's very unlikely that Injustice is one of the worlds inside the Dark Multiverse. A place where things go wrong doesn't mean it comes from a dark place. The Earth where we have the Crime Syndicate (the evil reflections of the Justice League) belongs to the New 52, in the main Multiverse. Also, if Injustice would be a world inside the Dark Multiverse, the moment Batman broke the barrier between realities to bring the other Justice League would have had more catastrofical consequences, considering how dangeroues these worlds are.
    Exactly, yeah.