Default Ancalagon the Black vs Godzilla

How does the most feared dragon of Middle Earth fare against various versions of Godzilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    How does the most feared dragon of Middle Earth fare against various versions of Godzilla?
    He pretty easily rips his way through Showa, Heisei, Legendary and Shin.

He might run into trouble with Final Wars G. Dunno about Millenium - Probably Ancalagon wins.

Godzilla Earth should take the definitive victory however.
    In the past, before his massive bulking up (and total upgrade in power) dude could withstand hundreds of precisely timed simultaneous nuclear strikes without harm. His beam could rip the tops of mountains off. After his bulking up, they stated something like his total power wasn't just tripled, but more like 10x multiplied.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He pretty easily rips his way through Showa, Heisei, Legendary and Shin.

He might run into trouble with Final Wars G. Dunno about Millenium - Probably Ancalagon wins.

Godzilla Earth should take the definitive victory however.
    In the past, before his massive bulking up (and total upgrade in power) dude could withstand hundreds of precisely timed simultaneous nuclear strikes without harm. His beam could rip the tops of mountains off. After his bulking up, they stated something like his total power wasn't just tripled, but more like 10x multiplied.
    ^^^Pretty much this.

But I'd like to add a couple caveats for Shin Godzilla and GFW; it depends if Ancalagon gets hit with the beam spam, or the Spiral Beam or not.

Shin's FAE breath might not do much given the size difference, but if the concentrated beam can cut buildings down like grass? It will come down to Ancalagon's durability feats.

GFW's Spiral Beam and Red Spiral Beam. This thing didn't only put Godzilla Earth's particle beam to shame in terms of range, it also has a concussive effect, which blew Kaiser Ghidorah into the upper atmosphere:

Again, down to Ancalagon's feats.

G-Earth, yup. If Ancalagon doesn't get cooked, he gets shouted down with the Super Oscillation Wave. OR, he gets force fed particle beams. And THEN there's the plasma cutter he has which identifies as a tail...
    Last edited by T51R; 01-14-2019 at 05:05 AM.

What are Ancalagon's durability feats? While I have no doubt he's large enough to literally step on any Godzilla, it's important to keep these key points in mind:

1) Some Godzillas (Heisei, Final Wars, MonsterVerse, Earth) are incredibly durable. Think nuke-proof durable, or very close. Heisei Godzilla, for example, swam through the Earth's mantle--for days. Reinforce their insane durability with a Wolverine-lite healing factor and you're seeing a few Godzillas retaliating in no time.

2) Several Godzillas have highly-potent Atomic Beams. So, again, how durable is Ancalagon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    What are Ancalagon's durability feats? While I have no doubt he's large enough to literally step on any Godzilla, it's important to keep these key points in mind:

1) Some Godzillas (Heisei, Final Wars, MonsterVerse, Earth) are incredibly durable. Think nuke-proof durable, or very close. Heisei Godzilla, for example, swam through the Earth's mantle--for days. Reinforce their insane durability with a Wolverine-lite healing factor and you're seeing a few Godzillas retaliating in no time.

2) Several Godzillas have highly-potent Atomic Beams. So, again, how durable is Ancalagon?
    Durability is basically an unknown for Ancalagon.

Buuut if his death throes smashed apart mountains, that's waaay beyond a nuke level damage output.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Ancalagon can pretty much just sit on most versions of Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Ancalagon can pretty much just sit on most versions of Godzilla.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Durability is basically an unknown for Ancalagon.

Buuut if his death throes smashed apart mountains, that's waaay beyond a nuke level damage output.
    Yikes. Yeah, I do not like Godzilla's chances. I agree with your assessment; Godzilla Earth is the only one strong enough to win.

It's ironic how in this rumble Godzilla is the pesky little nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Yikes. Yeah, I do not like Godzilla's chances. I agree with your assessment; Godzilla Earth is the only one strong enough to win.

It's ironic how in this rumble Godzilla is the pesky little nuisance.
    It's a position he is quite unfamiliar with. :P
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There's one Godzilla - Final Wars, I think? - whose atomic breath burns through and/or repels a falling meteor the size of a mountain or something along those lines?

That version should be able to replicate Eärendil's SDF-1 Main Cannon Silmaril and kill Ancalagon (I am only partly kidding here, reference to old joke threads...).

And I'm fairly cool with Gozilla Earth managing, given that Ancalagon has no 'ignore defenses due to being a Lovecraftian being existing on more dimensions than we do' feats. Without the barrier, Ancalagon should manage, but the barrier would give Godzilla Earth enough time to -- even with his ridiculously slow speed -- fire off something capable of, as noted, slicing the tops off of mountains, and things go downhill from there.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There's one Godzilla - Final Wars, I think? - whose atomic breath burns through and/or repels a falling meteor the size of a mountain or something along those lines?
    Yup, that's Final Wars. Only, it didn't destroy the asteroid. The remains of Gorath made it to the surface and hit Godzilla in the face, doing, well, nothing. He was standing in a crater afterwards looking no worse for wear.

G-Earth, in the prequel, actually destroyed Gorath with the Spiral Beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ignore defenses due to being a Lovecraftian being existing on more dimensions than we do' feats.
    That is exactly how [SPOILER] Anime King Ghidorah nearly killed him; by operating by different rules of physics and bypassing G-Earth's shield. [END SPOILER]

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Yup, that's Final Wars. Only, it didn't destroy the asteroid. The remains of Gorath made it to the surface and hit Godzilla in the face, doing, well, nothing. He was standing in a crater afterwards looking no worse for wear.

G-Earth, in the prequel, actually destroyed Gorath with the Spiral Beam.
    Not as great as I remember. Still, might be enough.

That is exactly how [SPOILER] Anime King Ghidorah nearly killed him; by operating by different rules of physics and bypassing G-Earth's shield. [END SPOILER]
    That is to what I was referring, yes.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate