Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Supreme: Blue Rose, #1

In "Supreme: Blue Rose" #1 by Warren Ellis and Tula Lotay, Diana Dane, ace investigative reporter, gets the biggest story she's ever seen for a potential paycheck beyond her wildest dreams -- but there's a catch.

Full review here.

No one else? I avoid Image comics as a rule but this was Warren Ellis with a great story and beautiful art.

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    No one else? I avoid Image comics as a rule but this was Warren Ellis with a great story and beautiful art.
    Check the preview thread.
    BB

I avoid Image comics as a rule
    why do you hate happiness?

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

yeah, wth...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

I avoid Image comics as a rule
    So you're not reading Trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    So you're not reading Trees?
    I actually couldn't get into it.... Couldn't get into Moon Knight either and that's a character I know and want to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    yeah, wth...
    When I had a huge standing order of every bad girl book I got burned out by the stupidly late shipping from Image whos creators insisted on monthly solicitations and would wind up with 5 or more books that had missed their shipping month and then would finally put out an issue by a fill in artist. I honestly thought those days were over when I started ordering an Image superhero title that featured a bunch of sidekicks (forgotten the name, dropped and gotten rid of the issues) but then sure enough late late late.

I actually couldn't get into it.... Couldn't get into Moon Knight either and that's a character I know and want to like.

When I had a huge standing order of every bad girl book I got burned out by the stupidly late shipping from Image whos creators insisted on monthly solicitations and would wind up with 5 or more books that had missed their shipping month and then would finally put out an issue by a fill in artist. I honestly thought those days were over when I started ordering an Image superhero title that featured a bunch of sidekicks (forgotten the name, dropped and gotten rid of the issues) but then sure enough late late late.
    Buy trades? Most of Image's stuff reads better in trade format, in my opinion.

I loved the first issue. Was blown away by Tula Lotay's art.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Want.

That's all I have to say. Want.

Also, I need to reread Warren's webcomic with his Trees collaborator.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Yeah, but that's not really Image's fault. I don't see why you should punish Image (and yourself) by avoiding their titles just b/c the creators (whom are on their own schedule, they are their own bosses) are late here and there.

But yeah, as suggested above, could get trades. I'm doing that for a few titles.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Amazing Member Prince Disarming's Avatar

If I didn't like Trees or Moon Knight would I like this? I haven't read anything else by Ellis.