Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default Is this Marvel’s answer to DC’s Trinity ?

Marvel: 2 guys , 1 gal
    D.C: 2 guys , 1 gal

Hair:
    Marvel: Gold
    D.C: Black

(Absolute) Pinnacle of (Baseline) Humanity who wears cowl and uses weapons and has sidekicks and whose own personal archenemy is considered pure Evil:
    Marvel: Steve (Chemicals+Radiation+Training, Shield, Bucky/Falcon/rest of Cap’s proteges, Red Skull)
    D.C: Bruce (Training+Metal, Robin/Nightwing/rest of Bat’s proteges, Joker)

Illegal Alien Migrant ET from snobby dying civilization who can fly on own power and whose head is bare:
    Marvel: Carol/Car-Ell (hybrid 2nd Generation)
    D.C: Clark/Kal-El (purebreed 1st Generation)

Half-Earthling Deity who is ambassador/guardian and who wears headgear and who has issues with infamous same-sex parent and siblings (especially on side of daddy)
    Marvel: Thor (Asgardian + Elder Goddess Earth Mother, helmet, Odin, Loki/Angela/rest of Odin’s kids)
    D.C: Diana (Olympian + Amazon, tiara, Hippolyta, Donna/Jason/rest of Zeus’ kids)

8D97923E-5D91-403E-B2E5-E08A40BFA0F4.jpg
    4226AE7D-15FA-4D3C-9CF5-F31A78E5B763.jpg

I'd say the Marvel trinity is Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Hulk

Spider-Man is Clark Kent's goofy aw shucks nature if it weren't an act, but he tried to be a hero anyway.

Iron Man is Bruce Wayne's playboy nature if it weren't an act, but he tried to be a hero anyway.

Hulk is Shazam's nature as a child given unlimited power portrayed more realistically, yet he generally tries to be a hero despite more realistic child personality flaws.

Marvel doesn't actually have female member who can even loosely be called a trinity member, but they are certainly trying hard lately.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Ironman, Cap, and Thor were the closest, but Captain Marvel is a push. Now, we know that the movie is selling tickets, so it might be working better than we thought.

That being said, I prefer Carol alongside the other three than replacing anyone.

Marvel only has one trinity, and it's Jack, Stan, and Steve.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Well, that wins this argument.

I always thought the big three of Marvel were Ironman, Captain America, and Thor. They seem to bring the most to the Marvel universe. They have been on pretty much every line up of The Avengers. Most heroes look up to Captain America and love Thor. I remember during the JLA/Avengers crossover everyone was ganging up on Thor and The Avengers response was "Not Thor, never Thor." Or something like that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post

Hair:
    Marvel: Gold
    D.C: Black
    Gold?? Perhaps you meant blond?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

"Trinity" is just an artificial label to push importance. You could make a solid argument that DC Trinity is Flash, Batman and Superman. And while you are arguing about that we can ask the number 3 and not 4. Why isn't the Big 4 ? Trinity is just clevering marketing to add importance to a trio of characters who have financial importance to DC.

Does Marvel need a Trinity ? No but I wouldn't mind seeing a push of Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Nova. 2 out of 3 are already being pushed and have a movie. Nova(Rider) is character type like Captain Marvel and Black Panther who were B level properties that could easily be an A level property with some focus.

"Trinity" is just an artificial label to push importance. You could make a solid argument that DC Trinity is Flash, Batman and Superman. And while you are arguing about that we can ask the number 3 and not 4. Why isn't the Big 4 ?
    I think DC's "Big 7" is far more accurate...

except that they keep including Martian Manhunter or Cyborg in the list. Neither of them are that important or iconic.

Why does #1 need to match #2?

Also why do people include Captain Marvel in anything. At least wait till her movie drops so she actually gets her surge in popularity and pop culture status. Right now she isn't even top 10 at Marvel
    The J-man