Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Marvel's Trinity = X-Men, Avengers and FF.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Yeah, the Trinity are the Trinity because they're DC's oldest heroes. Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all maintained continuous publication and didn't end up cancelled, ever. Timely's Trinity was Human Torch, Submariner, and Captain America, but they did get cancelled and rarely appeared in the 1950s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Does Marvel even need a trinity? I thought Spider-Man pretty much represents it all by himself pretty darned good.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvels Trinity is Comic Book Sales, Movie Sales, and Merchandise sales

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    My God, I know we complain about the current crop of Marvel cartoons, but that Avengers cartoon was so, so bad. Why was everyone wearing a robot suit?
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Does Marvel even need a trinity? I thought Spider-Man pretty much represents it all by himself pretty darned good.
    I think prior to the Avengers getting big Spider-Man, Hulk and Wolverine were probably as close to a trinity as marvel was going to get.

But you can make an arguement that Cap, Iron Man and Thor are a trinity of sorts now. They previously were the Avengers big 3, but the Avengers have sort of moved to the forefront of marvel.

But marvel doesn't put all their eggs in one basket quite to the degree that DC does, so there's probably no group quite as defined as the DC trinity on marvel.

My God, I know we complain about the current crop of Marvel cartoons, but that Avengers cartoon was so, so bad. Why was everyone wearing a robot suit?
    Forget about the power armor. The leader of that team was Hank Pym. Think about that. Hank Pym was leader of that team. It was truly a different era.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Their in verse big three are Cap IM and Thor.

From a corporate branding it is probably Spidey, Wolverine, and IM or Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Forget about the power armor. The leader of that team was Hank Pym. Think about that. Hank Pym was leader of that team. It was truly a different era.
    Hank led an Avengers team as recently as Dark Reign - a decade after that cartoon. He was actually the Wasp at the time (Janet was believed to be deceased, and Nadia not yet introduced), and the team was the Mighty Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post

Hair:
    Marvel: Gold
    D.C: Black
    Gold?? Perhaps you meant blond?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

"Trinity" is just an artificial label to push importance. You could make a solid argument that DC Trinity is Flash, Batman and Superman. And while you are arguing about that we can ask the number 3 and not 4. Why isn't the Big 4 ? Trinity is just clevering marketing to add importance to a trio of characters who have financial importance to DC.

Does Marvel need a Trinity ? No but I wouldn't mind seeing a push of Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Nova. 2 out of 3 are already being pushed and have a movie. Nova(Rider) is character type like Captain Marvel and Black Panther who were B level properties that could easily be an A level property with some focus.

"Trinity" is just an artificial label to push importance. You could make a solid argument that DC Trinity is Flash, Batman and Superman. And while you are arguing about that we can ask the number 3 and not 4. Why isn't the Big 4 ?
    I think DC's "Big 7" is far more accurate...

except that they keep including Martian Manhunter or Cyborg in the list. Neither of them are that important or iconic.

Why does #1 need to match #2?

Also why do people include Captain Marvel in anything. At least wait till her movie drops so she actually gets her surge in popularity and pop culture status. Right now she isn't even top 10 at Marvel
    The J-man

Mighty Member

It was the 90s? The writing was at least somewhat faithful to Avengers lore, even if it was Hank leading the team.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

If it's required to limit it to just three, and can choose teams, then I'd say: Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-Men.