Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I would think Mephisto would disguise the deal as one thing and getting something else out of it like the soul of the unborn baby which was to be a spider avatar that would have brought a spiritual second coming and the universe would have been given the way of the spider by her after it was lost billions of years in antiquity resulting in the awakening of the ultimate spider sense which would have led to everyone living in universal peace and bliss after attuning to the web of life permanently.
    Sadly, I think this is the premise of Age of X-Man, or I'd tell Marvel to publish this right away
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    As to the meat of the idea, it's a decent retcon (and might even be what Marvel is doing), but I'm not convinced this is what is happening. Annie doesn't really fit the profile* (so far) of a big player in a soon-to-happen Marvel event (and we've elsewhere decided we think a Mephisto one is on the horizon). She's, what, the 3rd or 4th most high profile Spider-woman/girl?
    I'd say 6th, behind Jessica Drew, Spider-Gwen, Mayday, Silk, and Anya Corazon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd say 6th, behind Jessica Drew, Spider-Gwen, Mayday, Silk, and Anya Corazon.
    I agree with you Annie is nowhere near the top of the list. I'd put Gwen at the top though not Jessica, but that's just me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

And yet even an Infant like Benjy ranks above them as he is the scion.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And yet even an Infant like Benjy ranks above them as he is the scion.
    True, but I at least (I'm not sure about the other posters) was referencing popularity, not in story relevancy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True, but I at least (I'm not sure about the other posters) was referencing popularity, not in story relevancy.
    I was also referencing popularity (and/or likelihood Marvel would want to promote one of them up to being one of the focuses of an event). I had Gwen and Jessica in a tier by themselves - both have reasonable top dog resumes (although Jessica's has a lot of older stuff on it and less new stuff). It's probably like the various Green Lanterns - depends on who the writer du jour favors.

OMD is a pretty dumb story, but they did a few nice inadvertent pieces of storytelling that make it kind of interesting- one of them is that by not defining what Mephisto's plan was, and having the story not make a lick of sense in the broader 616 (not only is Mephisto not a Spider-man nemesis, so there was no history there, but he's also not a marriage license collector), there's a blank canvas that doesn't need a retcon when someone comes up with their own "Here's the real reason he needed their true love" story. Christos Gage can pitch the Annie thing right now and it'd work. Donny Cates can pitch a sequel to Damnation in which the power of the marriage is used to retake the throne. My moronic soul magnet idea is consistent w/the facts in evidence. It's all possible w/o having to "certain point of view" a damn thing.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    "certain point of view" a damn thing.
    (not only is Mephisto not a Spider-man nemesis, so there was no history there, but he's also not a marriage license collector)
    And he was a good friend.