Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Star Trek Black ops series announced (Section 31?) with Michelle Yeoh

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...-for-lead-role

I think it's pretty obvious that this will somehow involve Section 31, as the group is involved in the second season with mirror Georgiuo. The group first appeared in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, where they frequently were a thorn in the side of Julian Bashir, as they wanted to use his genetically-engineered intelligence as an operative in the Dominion War. They also appeared in Enterprise during season 4, where it was learned they were partially involved in the Klingons losing their ridges.

Outside the prime continuity they wound up in Into Darkness, although Abrams's version was a little less cloak-and-dagger, with Marcus pretty much admitting openly that it was a part of Starfleet.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The writers really seem to love Section 31 more than the fans, but this seems like a natural progression of that love. At least we get to see more Michelle Yeoh.

I'm not against the idea of a black ops, unsanctioned shadow organization supposedly made to protect the interests of Earth and the Federation, but novelists killed a lot of their image for me. Almost every corrupt admiral ever in the shows was retconned to be a Section 31 agent.

I did love in the Discovery season trailer 2 that Section 31 a secret organization very few in the entire Federation even knew existed now has badges.

BANNED

Would be cool if they got Alexander Siddig in this. Bashir has the biggest beef with S31 and even though that's hundreds of years later, in Star Trek it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I did love in the Discovery season trailer 2 that Section 31 a secret organization very few in the entire Federation even knew existed now has badges.
    Saw the trailer. Maybe Pike was one of a few outsiders who knew about the organization? (In DS9, there were at least some high-ranking officers who helped the organization despite not being actual members.)

Not sure if I really wanted a Section 31 show, although their activities in the TOS era are completely unaccounted for, so that does give the Powers That Be a lot of open space and Michelle Yeoh having a lead role can't be bad.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Saw the trailer. Maybe Pike was one of a few outsiders who knew about the organization? (In DS9, there were at least some high-ranking officers who helped the organization despite not being actual members.)

Not sure if I really wanted a Section 31 show, although their activities in the TOS era are completely unaccounted for, so that does give the Powers That Be a lot of open space and Michelle Yeoh having a lead role can't be bad.
    I always loved those ds9 episodes. So this is great all the way around for me.

A Section 31 show will be even darker than Discovery season 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    A Section 31 show will be even darker than Discovery season 1.
    [Banes Voice] Embrace the darkness, learn from it, BREATHE it !!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DtVBD6W5_A

Who honestly said "In these dark times of uncertain political hegemony, impending climate change and incredible wealth disparity what we really need to do is revive the show about progress, ambition and hope then immediately retool it into some grim dark spy bs"

I was watching the Star Trek shorts and I don't know if I have the courage to brave for more new Star Trek...I stopped at the first one.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I always loved those ds9 episodes. So this is great all the way around for me.
    Well they had Ronald D. Moore and not Alex Kurtzman.

I don’t really want a Section 31 show, but I definitely don’t want one set during the Discovery timeframe.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Wahoo, i don't know if they could have come up with a concept even less interesting to me than this one. A show about Romulans playing Badminton maybe?

Black Ops Star Trek, great, have fun with that guys.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Like Cyke said, although they're not canon, a lot of the novels imply that they had some hand in some of the more corrupt Starfleet dealings, specifically I think Star Trek VI's conspiracy.

There's also Into Darkness, although that's pretty much an alternate timeline. All we know about Marcus "prime" is that he was Carol's dad.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Like Cyke said, although they're not canon, a lot of the novels imply that they had some hand in some of the more corrupt Starfleet dealings, specifically I think Star Trek VI's conspiracy.
    Hear about that. Read a few of those for TNG (dealings with the Romulans), VOY (a dead character from"Scientific Method" set up a booby trap to murder Seven that causes the ship to turn on everyone), and TOS (the TOS crew gets involved in a Section 31 experiment that serves as backstory to the VOY episode "The Omega Directive"). Still, not canon, so the TOS era is still undocumented.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's also Into Darkness, although that's pretty much an alternate timeline. All we know about Marcus "prime" is that he was Carol's dad.
    Yeah, I think most of their operations there can be safely left as exclusive to that timeline.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)