Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The obvious reasoning is Jon need to go somewhere while Lois got dressed, so Clark telling him to wait on the roof is easy. But yeah, I expect someone's going to notice and it's off to the races with the speculation as to the super-love child of Lois and Superman. Though with Jon being older, he would predate Lois and Clark's marriage by quite a bit to someone who doesn't know about Jon Kent.

I expect this secret identity/gossip angle is a slow burn story though and Bendis will torment me with it until at least next fall after Levithan.

Though the last issues of Super Sons had Jon saving Lois. I think that was pretty public.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-14-2019 at 04:50 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I expect someone's going to walk in on them given they moved the reunion from Lois's room to the rooftop bar. So more fodder for Trish.
    Could be. Could be. From the very start Bendis told us he'd have the back splash from the Superman book reverberate in interesting ways over in Action Comic's "man on the street" POV. Heartfelt reunion being twisted by some lucky paparazzi who was around at the right time fits the bill. Jimmy already made some off hand comment about STAR in 1003. But Lois wearing the shirt and her notes might indicate the the Zone debacle was only the opening.

All in all, I hope there's some cross pollination with Action Comics. But that'll probably come later given the arc in Action Comics we got coming up.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

This issue was funny..ill give Bendis that. The kid almost saw something that will traumatized him for the rest of his life lmao!
    I thought I'm gonna hate this 10yr old boy trapped in 17 yr old body trope but I don't.... so far.
    Last edited by cookies; 01-14-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Astonishing Member

I don't hate this Jon. I'm not happy he's older but I can find a way to live with it if Bendis can rise above his failings. He still sounds the same except for that "Pa", which I thought was sweet. I love that he was as eager to reunite with his folks as they were. The hug he gave Superman when he asked about his mother was heart warming, both hugs in fact. I hope Bendis doesn't screw this up.

It's curious that they are officially meeting in a public place, upping the tabloid fodder. I'll have to wait and see if something will come of this. Bendis better not screw this up...again.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    This issue was funny..ill give Bendis that. The kid almost saw something that will traumatized him for the rest of his life lmao!
    I thought I'm gonna hate this 10yr old boy trapped in 17 yr old body trope but I don't.... so far.
    That doesn't even appear to be the case, Jon lived those 7 years, we just don't know how he's in this timeline then. We know he travels the multiverse, does one of the earths he visit have a different time scale?

I wouldn't mind that. It would be intriguing to imagine a multiverse where time does not necessarily have to move the same between the various realities. Maybe Jon spends nearly 7 years on Earth-3 and that was only 3 weeks Earth-0 time.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mentioned this over in the Bendis thread, but it could be a situation like Kirkman used a bunch of times in Invincible, where time runs faster in a different dimension, so a week earth time is 7 years for Jon. Two characters spent 1000 years in a different dimension and it was months or years in their home dimension. If that's the explanation, I think this Jon is here for the duration of Bendis's run.

If he was really gone for 7 years in our dimension, then it's time travel and I doubt it's permanent. From Bendis's comments it doesn't seem to be time travel at all though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That doesn't even appear to be the case, Jon lived those 7 years, we just don't know how he's in this timeline then. We know he travels the multiverse, does one of the earths he visit have a different time scale?
    Yeah I know and I can't really hate Jon. more like I will never hate Jon, it's impossible. It' s just my brain can't wrapped around this 3 weeks equivalent to 7 yeras growth spurt fact T^T
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

That was great!

Finally the three are together. Others have covered up the points i would have mentioned. I am realy digging this. Can't wait!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

There was also that issue of Action some years back, #761, in which Superman and Wonder Woman spend like a thousand years in a different dimension but are only gone a matter of hours from Earth...I would imagine that in an effort to "raise him properly" Jor-El intentionally went to dimensions that would age him without attracting the attention of Superman (such as being gone an actual 7 years).
    Personally I wish Bendis hadn't aged him quite so much...perhaps only to 14 or 15, that would have been more than sufficient to cause strife, but it is what it is. I am curious as to where it's going. The one thing I really wish Bendis would do is include the rest of the family more. I know Supergirl is off world, but Kon will be back...

That's an interesting theory that I hadn't considered yet, that Jor-El deliberately did this so he could be with Jon much longer than Superman wanted and in a way Superman would never even know occurred.

Still too villainous for my personal tastes, but possible.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

No way Jon last now. Chis Kent, Ian Rogers, this will be the end of him and they know it. He might get a fleeting attempt with Legion, but ya this will be his doom. Hope YJ is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No way Jon last now. Chis Kent, Ian Rogers, this will be the end of him and they know it. He might get a fleeting attempt with Legion, but ya this will be his doom. Hope YJ is worth it.
    I still fail to understand it. How changing the character from a boring, flat and extremely generic goofy super-powered kid to a teenager with new takes and visions of the world, shaped by his experience, can be seen as bad.

Especially when Jon's whole character is a damn asspull from Pre-Flashpoint continuity and an aged-up character from the start since we never saw him as a baby or a little kid anyway.

Like i said, Chis Kent, Ian Rogers, we have seen how this plays out before. A 17 year old kid being around is not going to last. They'll send him away and then he'll fade away. Its pretty simple to understand, and rather obvious what they are doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    a boring, flat and extremely generic goofy super-powered kid
    Jon was never any of that.