Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Are you being serious? The more logical assumption would be that Clark IS Superman. Let's not be absurd about it. They should already know they are one and the same just by looking at them but if Superman is outed as Jon's father....c'mon now.
    In universe explanations? Clark uses robot duplicates, shape shifting martians, and super speed to fool everyone. By this point Superman is thought of as a totally separate person in universe.

Suspension of disbelief. Either you're down or you're not.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Exactly what about missing the kid growing up in real time, probably changing the good dynamic he has with Damian, where they can grow up together, and making two super boys around the same age is a good thing?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Did you just call people who don't agree with you "sheep"
    Sheep= anyone who takes any and everything being given to them,no matter how dumb or left of center a idea is,and goes out of their way to defend and praise it.

We have a few on this very page.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

Anyway, have I mentioned that I like this change.
    Yes,im.done....for now

I'd reconsider the things you're saying. Calling anyone a sheep is pretty out of bounds. You're taking major liberties pretending you know better than the individual how they truly feel. You're in no position to challenge the veracity of anyone's individually voiced opinion. If someone says they like this, then they like it. Period. If someone says they don't, they don't. You don't know better than anyone what they truly feel. No one has any business claiming someone else is essentially lying to themselves one way or another.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-16-2019 at 01:45 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    *Sigh* How far in the past is Super Sons? I really hate that idea...that means *nothing* of consequence will ever happen in Super-Sons. That's a pretty shitty thing for DC to do to Tomasi. They hire Bendis and he immediately starts making it harder on other writers with his storylines. I'd quit if I were Tomasi.
    "Super sons" was essentially a fluff comic, nothing wrong with that, I enjoy those types of comics on occasion. But people who read Super-Sons (IMO) enjoyed it due to the interactions between the two and the weird predicaments they would find themselves in. The comic was never meant to be something where things of real (bad) "consequences" happened. (They knew what their audience wanted)

"Adventures of the super sons" embraces that, and can up the "cuteness" or "tweak" Damian's personality what ever amount he wants, because other writers can simply ignore what happens there and vice versa.
    Last edited by Flashback; 01-16-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Sheep= anyone who takes any and everything being given to them,no matter how dumb or left of center a idea is,and goes out of their way to defend and praise it.

Who gets to decide if an idea is dumb or left of center?

Mighty Member

"Super sons" was essentially a fluff comic, nothing wrong with that, I enjoy those types of comics on occasion. But people who read Super-Sons (IMO) enjoyed it due to the interactions between the two and the weird predicaments they would find themselves in. The comic was never meant to be something where things of real (bad) "consequences" happened. (They knew what their audience wanted)

"Adventures of the super sons" embraces that, and can up the "cuteness" or "tweak" Damian's personality what ever amount he wants, because other writers can simply ignore what happens there and vice versa.
    Consequence in the sense of growing and developing their characters, which Super Sons did really well. People loved Super Sons because it presented two great characters and told really good stories for them. If you didn't get into it, that's fine, but that doesn't make it a fluff comic.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

BANNED

Look, I don't exactly like it when people make a case for a dumb idea either, but that doesn't mean they're easily pleased/led, they're just a bit more tolerant and are intrigued/excited over how uncertain Bendis has made everything. Say what some will about his creative choices, but this is the least dull Superman has been in a while, and if it is for some, it's only because of the decompression and scheduling of the books.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd reconsider the things you're saying. Calling anyone a sheep is pretty out of bounds. You're taking major liberties pretending you know better than the individual how they truly feel. You're in no position to challenge the veracity of anyone's individually voiced opinion. If someone says they like this, then they like it. Period. If someone says they don't, they don't. You don't know better than anyone what they truly feel. No one has any business claiming someone else is essentially lying to themselves one way or another.

You like the idea because this gets the "family" aspect of superman one step closer to being gone.so you are willing to go along with anything that gets it closer to that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Who gets to decide if an idea is dumb or left of center?

Common sense,and what works does,not 1 guy, or a lil group on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Look, I don't exactly like it when people make a case for a dumb idea either, but that doesn't mean they're easily pleased/led, they're just a bit more tolerant and are intrigued/excited over how uncertain Bendis has made everything. Say what some will about his creative choices, but this is the least dull Superman has been in a while, and if it is for some, it's only because of the decompression and scheduling of the books.
    I know I'm coming off like a bendis hater,and something's he has done are IMO bad,but I actually like more than not like things he has done,its just I dont blindly cheer for anything he does,just because does it.

BANNED

You like the idea because this gets the "family" aspect of superman one step closer to being gone.so you are willing to go along with anything that gets it closer to that end.
    Sacred has his preferences, but he's one of the few lingering New 52 fans on here that has not given up on the books and is looking to still be entertained by Superman rather than write off the current version. I've wanted him to get behind Jon for a bit, and while it's taken something as unnecessary like this to do it, at least he remains hooked, I'd much rather someone stay on and support a Superman book and get something out of the relationships he has with Lois and Jon than be turned off of it completely. I really respect that Sacred is as open-minded as he is

I know I'm coming off like a bendis hater,and something's he has done are IMO bad,but I actually like more than not like things he has done,its just I dont blindly cheer for anything he does,just because does it.
    Who's to say they are blind? Different things interest different people.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Sacred has his preferences, but he's one of the few lingering New 52 fans on here that has not given up on the books and is looking to still be entertained by Superman rather than write off the current version. I've wanted him to get behind Jon for a bit, and while it's taken something as unnecessary like this to do it, at least he remains hooked, I'd much rather someone stay on and support a Superman book and get something out of the relationships he has with Lois and Jon than be turned off of it completely. I really respect that Sacred is as open-minded as he is

Who's to say they are blind? Different things interest different people.

He isnt open minded,he is believing he is getting his way,that's why he is sticking it out.

Not every damn thing though,it comes off as a blind follower,or a audience at a taping of a sitcom,where there are signs to tell u to cheer,and they do it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Guys i get it, i know it's frustrating. Trust me. From what i know, sacred is not a sheep. He might be biased and might not really like Jon. But he is not a sheep.
    So, please don't call other fans names for having a different preferences.it is not productive and only provides a toxic environment.

If you really want to voice your grievances. Voice it at dc, use their twitter handle or use other methods.(it would not work, but it doesn't hurt to try. And it make the voices heard)
    If you are worried about kid jon and supersons buy every issue of tomasi's "the adventures of supersons" till it ends. That will send DC a message.

If you don't like the bendis superbooks, drop them. Hurt them where it hurts. Vote with your wallet. If enough people drops the book. And this becomes another "truth". DC will bring back kid jon as fast as they sent him away.if enough people does not. Then atleast you are not hate reading and wasting your money.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-16-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Guy i get it, i know it's frustrating. Trust me. From what i know, sacred is not a sheep. He might be biased and might not really like Jon. But he is not a sheep.
    So, please don't call other fans names for having a different preferences.it is not productive and only provides a toxic environment.

If you really want to voice your grievances. Voice it at dc, use their twitter handle or use other methods.(it would not work, but it doesn't hurt to try. And it make the voices heard)
    If you are worried about kid jon and supersons buy every issue of tomasi's "the adventures of supersons" till it ends. That will send DC a message.

If you don't like the bendis superbooks, drop them. Hurt them where it hurts. Vote with your wallet. If enough people drops the book. And this becomes another "truth". DC will bring back kid jon as fast as they sent him away.if enough people does not. Then atleast you are not hate reading and wasting your money.

Sacred is cool and I like hearing his opinion on this,I'm just saying he is all for this because it is moving in the direction he likes and away from what he doesn't,that's all.i have absolutely NO bad will toward him,and now I feel bad for using him specifically,so sorry sacred.

I buy all the supersons issues,I hope it works,I really want the lil guy back,not just for me,but because DC finally created a viable superson,one that they can IP to death and make tons of money on.

I would be fine with 2 jons,atleat these 2 Jon's would be better than the new 52 2 jons closer to the end of the superboy series.

Real consequence like a vote that's cited as a reason for sending a 10yr old away with his crazy gramps only to return as a 17 yr old to his shocked parents?

As a part of that audience No that's not what I wanted loved the title but the new series I don't get excited about as much because it feels like there are no stakes.

Actually, this is not entirely accurate. Because I don't believe the family is going to be dismantled. I know some people here see this as the beginning of an inevitable end, and I can understand their fears but I don't necessarily share the same belief. I've said this before. In large part I do appreciate this run because of its finer focus on Superman himself though, absolutely. In a family dynamic I do think it needs to take a backseat from time to time and not be so front and center on the consistent basis Tomasi's Superman had it, so yes I do appreciate that. But I actually see with this most recent issue bringing them together again as a sign things aren't going away. This issue brings the band back together and I'm more inclined to believe that's a way to put things back on the table so they can be together more often, albiet not in the "Hamilton" way. I think Bendis is more setting up a family dynamic where a lot of the time they're off doing their own things, but still a family. Something unusual because they are, unavoidably, strange in of itself. Just like he always said he was going for. But I never have and still do not think its going away entirely. If others feel that's where this is headed, that's fine, none of us can see the future and we're just going with our guts, but that's not mine.

Furthermore despite largely enjoying it, I have had my share of criticisms of certain things. I'm not just blindly accepting anything, when something happens I don't like, I can have and have pointed it out (mostly in regards to Lois's recent characterization).

Sacred is cool and I like hearing his opinion on this,I'm just saying he is all for this because it is moving in the direction he likes and away from what he doesn't,that's all.i have absolutely NO bad will toward him,and now I feel bad for using him specifically,so sorry sacred.
    No offense taken, I didn't believe you intended offense toward anyone.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-16-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El