Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wow Bendis has me reading both Superman books now, none of which I had any interest in before or after Bendis despite liking his writing and his creations.

With Jon now as a teen, my interest in him has piqued, I'm now wondering if he'll be leading his own team in the Wonder Comics imprint in the near future. If Kon is not working double duty for YJ and LoS then I can see Jon on LoS, but Bendis did just say in a new interview that he was tasked with creating new things for the dc toy box, so I could also see Jon getting his own book which would also bring new things.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I still don’t follow, either way teen Jon can’t go back to be a civilian, at least not as “Jon Kent,” all he has left is Superboy. So how would being outed as Lois Lane’s son make his situation any easier? If anything it makes things hard since now his mom has a target on her back.
    How is that any different than usual tho...

1. Lois is always sticking her nose into something.

2. Superman is always at her beck and call which is why she has been used as bait to lure Superman.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I agree it doesn't make much sense in that it paints a huge target on Lois. But I don't think they will purposefully out him initially. I think he's going to be outed, probably by someone seeing the very reunion in this issue since they decided on the least secure place for it. A rooftop hotel bar. They'll be a paparazzi shot of Lois embracing this Superboy with Superman or someone will walk in on Lois, Jon, and Superman and then people will question why Lois is embracing a Superboy and by the way, didn't she have her own kid? Where is he? They'll have to answer that question with Jon's new status.
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. Yeah, this is very likely. The openness of this meeting should be taken into account. And maybe that's what forces Clark and Lois' had.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

(Shakes fist at Bendis!)

He did it, he GD did it and destroyed us all!

(Pan to half-buried Daily Planet building.)

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's one of the big mysteries.

My current leading theory is that Bendis plans on using the story line just before the wedding where Lois legitimately calls off the engagement (and even leaves the country for a while) to facilitate the idea that Clark is Jon's step-dad, and Superman is actually Jon's biological dad. Perry White would still be Jon's godfather, and his name would still legally be Jon Sam Kent, but it would just be known that he's half alien.

I think the fact that the mob knows not to say Lois' name out loud seems to hint at Lois and Superman's affections for one another at one point being quite public or at least an open secret is a hint at this.
    You know, older Jon may actually make things a lot easier for them to explain. If he's 17ish, she could say he was conceived and born when she was Superman's girlfriend before she even dated Clark. The young Jon they were raising just aged slow until he didn't. A Kryptonian growth spurt. It involves some silver age shenanigans to make her fake a later pregnancy, maybe that's when "Superman" decided she and Clark would be better to raise him. But why not. They seem to be embracing the weird.

Easier way is to just publicly say he's a different kid than Jon and Jon's at boardings school or something.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-15-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Mighty Member

Not feeling Jon's age or costume. I feel he stole it from SBP's reject pile.

Kon93

God DC fans either love kids and family depicted with their heroes,or they want THIS.I personally would have liked both,its just you dont destroy one to do the other,and thatd what bendis did,let's not kid ourselves sheep,cause he did.

This older Jon might have a good years worth of stories,2 if it's all written by bendis cause he drags everything out,but young 10 year old Jon would have stayed viable for a much longer time,his staying power was infinite and DC/WB could make a lot more $ with him,and absolutely pure gold with Damian as the supersons

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    God DC fans either love kids and family depicted with their heroes,or they want THIS.I personally would have liked both,its just you dont destroy one to do the other,and thatd what bendis did,let's not kid ourselves sheep,cause he did.

This older Jon might have a good years worth of stories,2 if it's all written by bendis cause he drags everything out,but young 10 year old Jon would have stayed viable for a much longer time,his staying power was infinite and DC/WB could make a lot more $ with him,and absolutely pure gold with Damian as the supersons
    Did you just call people who don't agree with you "sheep"

Anyway, have I mentioned that I like this change.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-15-2019 at 09:27 PM.

How is DC reconciling Jon being a kid in Super Sons and 17 in the Bendis books? Sorry, but this is NOT my cup of tea.
    Please Remain Calm

Meh, I couldn't care less either way. I've never been a big fan of Jon. I find him boring. Who knows, maybe he'll actually become interesting now he's older? Then again I bet they'll portray him as your typical angsty teen, for joy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    How is DC reconciling Jon being a kid in Super Sons and 17 in the Bendis books? Sorry, but this is NOT my cup of tea.
    Adventures of The Super Sons takes place before Jon leaves with Jor-El and his mom.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    The current Super Sons series is set in the past, before Bendis’ Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Meh, I couldn't care less either way. I've never been a big fan of Jon. I find him boring. Who knows, maybe he'll actually become interesting now he's older? Then again I bet they'll portray him as your typical angsty teen, for joy.
    That's basically where I've been sitting this whole time. And TBH, he didn't seem at all angsty in the preview. I know this obviously will not give us a full picture of any sort, but its the only thing we've got at the moment and he definitely wasn't dark and brooding yet.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's one of the big mysteries.

My current leading theory is that Bendis plans on using the story line just before the wedding where Lois legitimately calls off the engagement (and even leaves the country for a while) to facilitate the idea that Clark is Jon's step-dad, and Superman is actually Jon's biological dad. Perry White would still be Jon's godfather, and his name would still legally be Jon Sam Kent, but it would just be known that he's half alien.

I think the fact that the mob knows not to say Lois' name out loud seems to hint at Lois and Superman's affections for one another at one point being quite public or at least an open secret is a hint at this.
    Are you being serious? The more logical assumption would be that Clark IS Superman. Let's not be absurd about it. They should already know they are one and the same just by looking at them but if Superman is outed as Jon's father....c'mon now.
    Please Remain Calm

*Sigh* How far in the past is Super Sons? I really hate that idea...that means *nothing* of consequence will ever happen in Super-Sons. That's a pretty shitty thing for DC to do to Tomasi. They hire Bendis and he immediately starts making it harder on other writers with his storylines. I'd quit if I were Tomasi.
    Please Remain Calm