Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Ones that have already been mentioned:
    • Justice League: I could go on about all three Snyder DC films, but I'll stick with this one. While it's nowhere near as good as it should have been (I'm firmly in the Release the Snyder Cut camp), it's still enjoyable for what it is.
    • Predator 2: we get to see Gary Busey cut in half with a razor disc. How is that not awesome?!
    • X-Men Apocalypse: I can't help it. I love this movie. Yeah, Apocalypse is undercooked, but he's powerful and gives boisterous, self-indulgent speeches. Also, the Phoenix reveal at the end is one of my favorite movie moments. Jean just walking out onto thin air and busting out a Phoenix raptor is a thing of beauty
    • Alien vs Predator: it gave a plausible reason for these two franchises to mash up, and I think it's way more interesting and compelling than anything Prometheus and beyond has given us.
    The only problem I had with xmen apocalypse was that it didnt make me feel strongly one way or another. Theres some good scenes and some bad ones but most the movie for me was forgettable.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

There is no Snyder cut. He left before filming all the scenes.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    There is no Snyder cut. He left before filming all the scenes.
    You're kinda 50/50 there. Snyder left after initial photography finished but before the reshoots.

As for the SC itself, there's no fully completed, ready-to-go version of it, but there is a cut that has what Snyder wanted in it. It would, however, take effort to edit it, do effects work and the like. I know the odds are very, very against it happening, but I still want there to be a complete Snyder DC trilogy, as it were.

Coming back to the main topic, another movie that's not that bad is the Director's Cut of Daredevil. It's by no means great, but it includes a whole subplot involving Foggy Nelson that got cut out of the original version and is a better movie than the theatrical cut by a country mile.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Son of the Mask. On its own its actually kind of sweet story about a man accepting his role as a father.

[*]Alien vs Predator: it gave a plausible reason for these two franchises to mash up, and I think it's way more interesting and compelling than anything Prometheus and beyond has given us.[/LIST]
    I've two male friends who will forever defend this movie because it gives us something that's less of a rarity these days, but was much more extraordinary considering the time AvP was released: a strong, intelligent black woman with her own agency as the central protagonist in an action/horror movie. The movie didn't have to go this way, little of the story hinges on her identity, and yet the creators made the choice of casting a black woman in that role nonetheless. She's a hero who just happens to be those things, but just her mere existence is a huge positive for the movie. That's all you need for fair representation.

• Justice League: I could go on about all three Snyder DC films, but I'll stick with this one. While it's nowhere near as good as it should have been (I'm firmly in the Release the Snyder Cut camp), it's still enjoyable for what it is.
    • Predator 2: we get to see Gary Busey cut in half with a razor disc. How is that not awesome?!
    • X-Men Apocalypse: I can't help it. I love this movie. Yeah, Apocalypse is undercooked, but he's powerful and gives boisterous, self-indulgent speeches. Also, the Phoenix reveal at the end is one of my favorite movie moments. Jean just walking out onto thin air and busting out a Phoenix raptor is a thing of beauty
    • Alien vs Predator: it gave a plausible reason for these two franchises to mash up, and I think it's way more interesting and compelling than anything Prometheus and beyond has given us.
    The only issue I had with Alien vs Predator was: "We only show up in the jungle and even then only in the hottest summers or in L.A. in the hottest summer in recorded history but now we hunt in the arctic like it was a walk on a summer day".
    Power with Girl is better.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The only issue I had with Alien vs Predator was: "We only show up in the jungle and even then only in the hottest summers or in L.A. in the hottest summer in recorded history but now we hunt in the arctic like it was a walk on a summer day".
    The explanation I've heard was that the gear they wear controls their temperature so it can be the middle of the arctic but they're still fine because the gear compensates for that. As to how that works, I have no idea. The fanbase is still unclear on the functionality of a lot of the technology and whether they even have visible ears or not.

As far as the extended universe was concerned, it's largely preference. So while they can hunt in the arctic, they are a little less inclined to do so due to a lack of prey items and preference for warmer climates.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I'll have to echo The Hobbit trilogy. I just finished watching all 3 extended editions. Do they problems? Yup. Is the Lord of the Rings superior? Without a doubt.

Is the trilogy entertaining? Very much so.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    I enjoyed the first two-thirds of it a lot. Then they tried to squeeze a conventional superhero action movie into it, and it went horribly wrong.
    To me, the movie greatly derailed after they got powers. Nothing takes the wind out of a movie more than a one year later title card. But to me the biggest crime is that no one really felt like they wanted to be there, specifically Kate Mara and Miles Teller. There's an interesting move in there, but so much is working against it for me.

Batman v. Superman may actually be my least favorite movie going experience of all time, so I was dreading Justice League. I didn't even go see it until it was at the dollar theater. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't think it was very good, but it was not as bad as it could have been and it was the first DC movie that wasn't Wonder Woman that reminded me why I like these characters in the first place in certain moments.

X-Men: Apocalypse, I get why people didn't like it. But I thought it was fine. Maybe I was bracing myself for worse after poor marketing and bad reviews, but I genuinely enjoyed it. I think the kids showed promise and Fassbender and McAvoy were as good as always.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Oh! I have one!

CONGO

Yes, it was iffy effects and ridiculous performances, but it has Ernie Hudson being too school for school and Tim Curry chewing on the scenery. Freaking love this movie.

What can I say but, "I love comics."

Oh! I have one!

CONGO

Yes, it was iffy effects and ridiculous performances, but it has Ernie Hudson being too school for school and Tim Curry chewing on the scenery. Freaking love this movie.
    Hey! There are dozens of us!

Seriously though, thanks to Jurassic Park, I was in my Michael Crichton phase, so I couldn't pass up this movie. And in hindsight it was great to see Ernie Hudson and Bruce Campbell on the big screen (but Bruce left us all too soon).

Also, one of my favorite scenes in the movie:

Last edited by Cyke; 02-15-2019 at 11:30 AM.

I'll back the congo love. It's amazingly silly, but good dumb fun.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Yeah, I loved it too. Good campy fun.

Green Lantern was a solid superhero movie. A bit silly, but so is the idea of an imagination based ring of power.
    Life is but a dream

The Black Cauldron.

I have a lot of memories around that movie and yes, it's clearly not your typical Disney movie but i have always enjoyed it.