Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Michael Bay is legitimately talented, his work on the otherhand suffers, but I I'll often refute the claim that hes a terrible director etc.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Batman Forever is worse than Batman & Robin, yet I find it to be the more hilariously enjoyable of the two. I blame how lame Poison Ivy is in B&R.
    I'm of the opposite viewpoint that Batman & Robin was worse, FAR worse than Batman Forever. Yeah, Ivy was lame, Arnold's Mr. Freeze was a joke, Bane was pathetic while Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl was nothing more than cheap fanservice in spandex and heels. The whole film was a chore to watch, and I only watched it once.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I enjoyed Justice League. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    as a fan of the Japanese films, i think both films failed at attempting to do American Godzilla when he works better in Japan as the upcoming Godzilla King of the Monsters should be an improvement over the 2014 film.
    No disagreement here. Shin Godzilla is THE modern Godzilla movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Michael Bay is legitimately talented, his work on the otherhand suffers, but I I'll often refute the claim that hes a terrible director etc.
    He is an amazing action director. And he can tell a story. His movies can be a hot mess, but also be great fun. Pain & Cain shows he can do a straight up movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I enjoyed Justice League. That's all.
    Justice League had it's moments, mostly for Aquadudebro.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR. It looked unfinished and murky, but I dug what it was going for.

Robocop 2 is also a lot better than I remembered it. It suffers because it follows after a perfect film (Robocop) but it's not bad.

David Lynch's Dune is a masterpiece, even if David Lynch hates it.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-09-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR. It looked unfinished and murky, but I dug what it was going for.

Robocop 2 is also a lot better than I remembered it. It suffers because it follows after a perfect film (Robocop) but it's not bad.

David Lynch's Dune is a masterpiece, even if David Lynch hates it.
    I know JL gets bashed endlessly and flopped but I loved it, especially Superman behaving like a recognizable Superman and stomping Steppenwolfe. I'm not defending it's quality or even arguing about it. I just know it was what I wanted from Superman and I finally got it.

I waited forever to see the FF movie because of the bad word of mouth. The only things I didn't like were that version of Doom and the ending. I know people found it boring but I thought it did a great and detailed characterization that would usually get skipped over for action , action, action. The only problem was it seemed to be leading to a huge resolution but came across like they didn't have a big finale that made sense so they just tacked on the sentient world attacks us thing to throw in a big fight.
    Power with Girl is better.

The Trank FF looked like a ScyFy Asylum movie to me.

I watched the Divergent trilogy recently, expecting something at least as bad as Twilight.

And well, it was suprinsingly watchable. To be honest the last one is very dispensable, the second one being a way better ending for the series in my opinion.

The casting is good (not a fan of the main girl though), the acting decent enough, the pacing could have used some love but still works and overall it's enjoyable.

Many little silly things though but that's from the books so i don't blame the movies for that. Like, and it's a small example, people from Dauntless (irrationnal, immature, foolish) are in charge of Police work? Cause they're "cool"?

Anyway, that's stuff for teenagers you know so i guess a bit of leniance is to be applied.

I like it too but I think the big fault is that it essentially brings Robocop back to the beginning of where he was in the first film. By the end of the original film he had regained a large chunk of his humanity, and so Robocop has to regain his humanity again (this time by electrical discharge rather than his own struggle). It wouldn't be so bad if it were an episode, but it takes up a large chunk of the film since he's fighting both crime lords *and* OCP.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I found JUSTICE LEAGUE fully watchable and entertaining, even as I shared the wide sense that it wasn't nearly as great as a concept such as JUSTICE LEAGUE could have and should have been.

I also have yet to truly find a STAR WARS movie unwatchably bad.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

iMan 42s

Something that came to mind as of late was The Amazing Spider-man.

I kind of like the intrigue into Peter's parents and his chemistry with Gwen Stacy. I also really dig the Lizard in this as if it was any other production they'd probably make him look like a dinosaur (seriously, enough is enough with that). I also really like how it separates itself from the Rami films not only with the costume but that it's largely a Peter story whereas the other movies, everything kind of happens around Peter and he gets involved. Yeah it's not great, but it did leave me hyped for the future of the franchise. Yeah, and then Amazing Spider-man 2 fumbled the ball. If we ever see Garfield Spidey again can we just pretend the sequel never happened?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed the first two-thirds of it a lot. Then they tried to squeeze a conventional superhero action movie into it, and it went horribly wrong.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Ones that have already been mentioned:
    • Justice League: I could go on about all three Snyder DC films, but I'll stick with this one. While it's nowhere near as good as it should have been (I'm firmly in the Release the Snyder Cut camp), it's still enjoyable for what it is.
    • Predator 2: we get to see Gary Busey cut in half with a razor disc. How is that not awesome?!
    • X-Men Apocalypse: I can't help it. I love this movie. Yeah, Apocalypse is undercooked, but he's powerful and gives boisterous, self-indulgent speeches. Also, the Phoenix reveal at the end is one of my favorite movie moments. Jean just walking out onto thin air and busting out a Phoenix raptor is a thing of beauty
    • Alien vs Predator: it gave a plausible reason for these two franchises to mash up, and I think it's way more interesting and compelling than anything Prometheus and beyond has given us.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."