Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    According to Leonard Maltin's review, he said "...the story isn't bad". So I assumed there were some out there who didn't think it was good.
    That's probably true with all movies. I was just wondering why this was your 1st pick as I was under the impression most people loved it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Wolverine: Origins. There, I said it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993).
    I don't remember ANYBODY saying that film was bad. a lot of critics and casual viewers just decided that... since it was a 'cartoon' that it couldn't be that great either. it suffered more from the established prejudice of critics against animated films more than by being actually terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Fantastic Four(2015)
    This was actually a solid movie until they faced the thing they called Dr Doom in the movie, It was pretty movie good until they came back after the accident. I get why someone can like it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    good grief people came into this thread swinging.

Might as well throw Soul Plane and Kung Pow Enter the Fist in here
    "Kung Pow" was exactly as terrible as I expected it to be... and I enjoyed it for what it was. some of us expected it to be a terrible mess of a film and enjoyed it for what it was.

then again, I watched "Snakes on a Plane" in the theater.

for my money it would be "Brave" by Pixar. people acted like it wasn't a very good movie - and it was perfectly fine.

I saw people saying "the Incredibles 2" wasn't very good... and it was also a perfectly good film. it just didn't happen to be as original or interesting as the first one. (when that first film came out it was probably the most daring and ambitious superhero film I could remember at that time... the action was creative, the jokes worked, it might still be the best overall superhero film ever made. OF COURSE the sequel would feel like a disappointment by comparison)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I didn't think the Ghostbusters reboot was nearly as bad as people say it was. It wasn't a great movie, but it was entertaining.

I also really enjoyed the Schumacher Batman movies.
    "Batman Forever" was fun enough in spite of my undying contempt for Jim Carrey. saw it in the theater.... I never bothered watching "Batman and Robin", though.

Alien vs Predator was my introduction to both the Alien and Predator franchises. I thought it was a decent enough crossover and I liked Sanaa Lathan's character. Her being a black woman who survived the events of the movie didn't hurt either.

Fantastic Beasts: The crimes of grindleward.

Star Wars Prequels
    Waterworld
    Spiderman 3

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Alien vs Predator was my introduction to both the Alien and Predator franchises. I thought it was a decent enough crossover and I liked Sanaa Lathan's character. Her being a black woman who survived the events of the movie didn't hurt either.
    Totally agree.

My list:

Justice League. Still very pissed about this.
    Green Lantern
    Star Wars Episodes 1 and 3
    Fantastic Four 2005
    Blade Trinity
    The Crow: City Of Angels
    Punisher War Zone
    Last edited by Dr. Skeleton; 01-15-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    FANTASTIC FOUR 1994 and FANTASTIC FOUR 2005. Also SUPERMAN RETURNS and GREEN LANTERN. And I enjoyed SUICIDE SQUAD just for the thrill of seeing third tier DC characters on the big screen.

Does this even count since it was never released and no one saw it? I did see it on Youtube and kind of agree. The acting and special effects sucked, but it was easily the most faithful FF adaption filmed to date.

I agree on FF 2005. It was a fun movie and one which I watched several times and enjoyed.

Fan4stick on the other hand is easily the worst superhero movie of the last 20 years.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Does this even count since it was never released and no one saw it? I did see it on Youtube and kind of agree. The acting and special effects sucked, but it was easily the most faithful FF adaption filmed to date.

I agree on FF 2005. It was a fun movie and one which I watched several times and enjoyed.
    It counts for me--and since I'm the centre of my own universe that's all that really matters. For years I had read that the 1994 FANTASTIC FOUR was screened for comic book fans at conventions and how terrible the movie was. So I was hearing how bad it was long before I finally watched it online. And I was surprised that it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone had said it was.

I feel bad for Ioan Gruffudd--Mr. Fantastic in the 2005 movie--he never got the big movie career that I think he could have had. But still not as unlucky as Taylor Kitsch. I thought of putting JOHN CARTER here, but then I realized that I never heard anyone say that movie was bad. Everyone who saw JOHN CARTER seemed to enjoy it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Batman Forever
    Despite the campy turn for the franchise under director Joel Schumacher, Val Kilmer as a less than impressive Bruce Wayne/Batman and Jim Carrey's relentless scene chewing, this actually wasn't all that bad a film and I liked it. It was FAR better than Batman & Robin which was a total shitshow.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-15-2019 at 07:13 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Um who is saying that's bad?

Now playing podcast did. They hated it and tore it apart for a hour and gave it a thumbs down!

http://www.nowplayingpodcast.com/episode.htm?id=754

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The five heartbeats. It has a 35% on RT but it's one of my favorite movies. Lol how people thought Eddie Kane Jr was a real person.
    Naww, lol. That 35% is from white people, The Five Heartbeats is the black Rocky Horror Picture Show. I've never been a huge Robert Townsend fan but this is his best work (I'm more team The Temptations NBC released). I've actually never even sat through the whole thing but best believe there are scores of black folks, including my wife, who know it word for word. I would like to see the documentary he produced last year that should be released in the spring I believe.

I've always been a Superman 3 stan. It's not bad but it ain't as good as the high bar of the previous two. It probably disqualifies me cause I saw it at the theater and didn't come across it later. With a topic like this there is always "yea but A only because B was much worse" but I guess that shouldn't qualify an argument.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.