Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Exactly. I think a lot of it is that people had ideas in their minds about what the back story would be or even how it would be played and the creator of the story and ideas had a different vision than they did hence, of course, their visions were right and his were wrong.
    Well, that and the fact that "his vision" didn't even match the plot points he had given in the previous movies.

Exactly. I think a lot of it is that people had ideas in their minds about what the back story would be or even how it would be played and the creator of the story and ideas had a different vision than they did hence, of course, their visions were right and his were wrong.
    I had no vision of the back story. The prequels ignored or contridicted much in the OT. His was wrong because it conflicted with his first movies.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    On Ghostbusters: ATC ...

The extended cut is wonderful and addresses most of people's issues with the film. Some of the jokes are better here than in the theatrical but some are not. I really wish they used the extended cut instead of the theatrical.
    I didn't know it had a extended cut what's different about eit what plot issues does it solve?

The Cloverfield Paradox wouldn't be so bad if they didn't actually have anything to do with the Cloverfield franchise at all: it seemed tacked on as an afterthought. The time spent connecting the movie to the franchise would have been better spent on itself, which was off to a decent start.

The Star Wars prequels were fine. But, could have done without the later edits to the original films though.

BvS (director's cut, to be clear) and Justice League I liked. Even with the whole "the CGI lip ruined it!" thing going around, I didn't even know it was a thing until after I looked up reviews for the film when I finished watching it.

Ultimate Member

Solo
    Justice League
    John Carter- I actually thought this was darn good
    The Lone Ranger (not great but it wasn’t the absolute rubbish that it was made out to be)
    Star Wars prequels (with the exception of the Phantom Menace, I legit feel people are re-appraising these films)
    The Hobbit trilogy (I thought the movies were quite good, not all time classics like the previous series but they weren’t bad)
    X-men Apocalypse
    The Wolverine (I still don’t get why people rag on this movie)
    Hulk (2008)
    Jaws 2
    Fantastic Four 2005 (I still remember watching this and expecting it to turn out to be complete garbage but I really enjoyed it)
    Spider-man 3 (I think the memes from this movie have actually clouded people’s opinions over time, it also seems a lot of people commenting purposely misrepresent stuff like the dancing scene which was directly referencing the “raindrops on my head” scene in Spider-man 2)
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-15-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Fantastic Four (2005 version).

Ultimate Member

Also Jurassic Park 3, (another movie that spawned memes that ignored the context of what it was meme-ing, I actually prefer JP3 to JP2)

Rob Zombie’s Halloween movies. I actually enjoyed that he tried something completely different than before.

Spider Man 3-Yes the third act was crowded. But the scene where Peter became a slime ball influenced by the symbiote? The one everybody rips on? I loved it. Thought it was funny and brilliant

Justice League-The problem with JL was it was not as good as it could have been without studio interference. But it wasn't as unwatchable as some made it out to be

And here's one I haven't heard mentioned: Jonah Hex. I went in with literally zero expectations after reviews. I didn't mind it

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I Enjoyed All of these Movies Below, I get some of the dislike for them but not enought for me to dislike them, I Enjoyed them and still do to this day!

~ Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)!
    ~ Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace!
    ~ Suicide Squad (2016)!
    ~ Ghostbusters (2016)!
    ~ Justice League (2017)!
    ~ The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)!
    ~ Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)!
    ~ Wild Wild West (1999)!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Spider Man 3-Yes the third act was crowded. But the scene where Peter became a slime ball influenced by the symbiote? The one everybody rips on? I loved it. Thought it was funny and brilliant
    I don't understand people's complaints about that. Peter is acting like an idiot? yeah. That's the point. He is. He's a guy that has no idea what cool even is trying to act cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I don't understand people's complaints about that. Peter is acting like an idiot? yeah. That's the point. He is. He's a guy that has no idea what cool even is trying to act cool.
    I like the movie but ya the saturday night fever thing and the danceing is just terrible and has no place in a super hero movie well maybe Deadpool.

Extraordinary Member

I meant to mention that earlier. The whole droid's rights thing and seeing droids more in a Star Trek way as sentient beings. That's all well and good but that means Han Solo saw that early on and yet there's no payoff. By episodes 4, 5 and 6, he clearly projects a feeling that droids in general and 3PO in particular are just objects.

But I admit I laughed when L3-37 was talking to Qi'ra about how Lando has the hots for her but she doesn't feel that way about him and Qi'ra has this look on her face like "How do I even respond to this delusional droid?"
    Yeah I took it like a guy who really likes his car something like that. Don't know how anyone could glean from that "Oh yeah Lando he'd f**k anything." Like what? lol.

I thougth that Alien vs Predator was a decent movie, granted it was my introduction ln boths franchise, but even after knowing more about then, i still thougthbthat it was entertaining.

The Star War prequels, yes they had problems and they aren't at the level of the original trilogy, but is still pretty good. Hell for all the problems with Phantom Menace , that climax was among my favorite parts on the whole franchise.

Batman Forever, i always thougth that it was kind of underrated.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Retired

I thought SPIDER-MAN 3 was just as good as the previous two and was surprised that it got such a poor reputation. On the other hand now, given I've gone sour on Tobey Maguire, I wouldn't enjoy any of those movies as much if I saw them today. But it's mainly the J.K. Simmons and Ted Raimi scenes that I live for in those three movies and I'm sure those parts would hold up.