Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I thought SPIDER-MAN 3 was just as good as the previous two and was surprised that it got such a poor reputation. On the other hand now, given I've gone sour on Tobey Maguire, I wouldn't enjoy any of those movies as much if I saw them today. But it's mainly the J.K. Simmons and Ted Raimi scenes that I live for in those three movies and I'm sure those parts would hold up.
    The MCU would do well to bring back JK Simmons as Jameson. Even have a line about how Spider-Man's been a menace for two decades, only for Robbie to tell him that Spidey's been active for just a couple years. It just feels like two decades to Jameson.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I thougth that Alien vs Predator was a decent movie
    Same here. Well, i was a bit disappointed cause man, it could have been so much better with just a little change here and there but overall yeah, definitively watchable.

And the best of the AvsP movies. Which clearly isn't saying much, like REALLY not much, but here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The MCU would do well to bring back JK Simmons as Jameson. Even have a line about how Spider-Man's been a menace for two decades, only for Robbie to tell him that Spidey's been active for just a couple years. It just feels like two decades to Jameson.
    I think someone else could do the role we just cant imagine it because we havent seen it yet. Maybe make him more of a character then just a loud baboon. That said JK Simmons was perfect for the role in everyway.

Erine Hudson is the new J. Jonah Jameson.

He'll be frickin' awesome!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Rocky V

All this film did was go back to the roots of the original two. Problem is it had changed focus so much to a "good vs evil" action set up, that fans were surprised with a return to a more drama oriented entry. Add to that the choice to not have a legitimate boxing bout, it really hurt its reputation for a long time.

With time though people saw that all it was doing was really getting back to the character Rocky was conceived as. That's not to say its not without its faults of course, but its no slouch and has its clear place in the saga. Hell it has two of the most emotional scenes in the entire saga. The "angel on your shoulder" flashback scene at the gym, then the payoff of that in the final fight.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think someone else could do the role we just cant imagine it because we havent seen it yet. Maybe make him more of a character then just a loud baboon. That said JK Simmons was perfect for the role in everyway.
    Oh, I can imagine other people in the role. But I know who I want.

Besides, he's only a baboon because of the writing. That can always be changed regardless of the actor.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The GREEN LANTERN movie with Ryan Reynolds wasn't that terrible. The comments led me to expect a complete catastrophe. It never reached such a level, though it was equally far from ideal.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I thought SPIDER-MAN 3 was just as good as the previous two and was surprised that it got such a poor reputation. On the other hand now, given I've gone sour on Tobey Maguire, I wouldn't enjoy any of those movies as much if I saw them today. But it's mainly the J.K. Simmons and Ted Raimi scenes that I live for in those three movies and I'm sure those parts would hold up.
    I forgot about this, yeah i personally don't think that Spider-Man is that bad in comparison with the previous ones. Is not perfect, but is not like the others didn't have their flaws.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Same here. Well, i was a bit disappointed cause man, it could have been so much better with just a little change here and there but overall yeah, definitively watchable.

And the best of the AvsP movies. Which clearly isn't saying much, like REALLY not much, but here you go.
    I think that we all can agreed that AvP Requiem wasn't a good movie lol
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Rocky V

All this film did was go back to the roots of the original two. Problem is it had changed focus so much to a "good vs evil" action set up, that fans were surprised with a return to a more drama oriented entry. Add to that the choice to not have a legitimate boxing bout, it really hurt its reputation for a long time.

With time though people saw that all it was doing was really getting back to the character Rocky was conceived as. That's not to say its not without its faults of course, but its no slouch and has its clear place in the saga. Hell it has two of the most emotional scenes in the entire saga. The "angel on your shoulder" flashback scene at the gym, then the payoff of that in the final fight.
    I think the main problem with Rocky V is that it was followed by the much much better Rocky Balboa. Rocky Balboa was so good it really made the flaws in Rocky V stick out even more. It is sandwiched between 2 sequels people really love so it gets the shaft. I don't think V is that good a movie to be honest, but it is not horrible on its own just when comparred to what came right before and right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    for my money it would be "Brave" by Pixar. people acted like it wasn't a very good movie - and it was perfectly fine.
    Yeah, I'm with you on that. Don't see what people's problem with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Erine Hudson is the new J. Jonah Jameson.

He'll be frickin' awesome!
    This is offical ? I remember rumors that he was cast for the sequel when Homecoming came out but I haven't. Heard muc since

I put off seeing The Last Jedi for a year, partly from reading the synopsis and the bad press but I have to say I really enjoyed it, both as a SW film and entertainment in general.

I personally found Rocky 3 to be the biggest letdown in the series as it followed two good movies, the first of which won the Oscar for Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Screenplay, and turned it into a cartoon with Hulk Hogan and Mr. T. That was followed by the music video known as Rocky 4. Rocky 5 wasn't done in the best way but it least it tried to get back to the premise of what the Rocky movies started out to be.

Green Lantern wasn't the best. But I didn't see it right away because of the bad word of mouth though I managed to catch it just before it left the theaters and didn't find it nearly as bad as it was made out to be. I thought it did a decent job of trying to show the Green Lantern story. My biggest complaint was calling the character Hal Jordan but writing him as Guy Gardner although I guess Jordan comes across that way in the comics a lot these days.
    Power with Girl is better.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The GREEN LANTERN movie with Ryan Reynolds wasn't that terrible. The comments led me to expect a complete catastrophe. It never reached such a level, though it was equally far from ideal.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    This was just really boring and bland, not terrible. I'd almost prefer if it was bad so I could react to it in some kind of way.
    Last edited by Monkey Genius; 01-21-2019 at 08:37 AM.