Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    So this comes down to a reaction time test. A spell versus a multitude of possible physical weapon attacks. Dumby doesn't survive what is coming at him if he can't stop it from coming.
    He can just teleport out of the way.

Astonishing Member

Did you miss the concept of human reaction time? Iron Man (to extrapolate from top end firearms competitors) can probably fire in .40 to .50 seconds from the bell. Can Dumbeldore teleport that quickly. We don't have a timer on his teleport feats from the bell. Ding and how long to disappear? If he can beat that time, then we can discuss the relative effectiveness of their output when he reappears.

If D. has to think about it, he gets blasted.

Did you miss the concept of human reaction time? Iron Man (to extrapolate from top end firearms competitors) can probably fire in .40 to .50 seconds from the bell. Can Dumbeldore teleport that quickly. We don't have a timer on his teleport feats from the bell. Ding and how long to disappear? If he can beat that time, then we can discuss the relative effectiveness of their output when he reappears.

If D. has to think about it, he gets blasted.
    Iron Man has human reaction time as well. He has to think and give the command to the armour.

Can Dumbledore shield himself, as he did against the glass shards?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Can Dumbledore shield himself, as he did against the glass shards?
    That shield worked against physical objects, Tony has the repulsors and cutting lasers. We don't know how that shield will work against high energy weapons.

Astonishing Member

About reaction time, here's the deal yet again.

Fast human choice RT is about 250 milliseconds. That's see a light, press a button. That includes seeing it and issuing a motor command. A trained shooter can fire a shot with gun drawn in about 300 to 400 milliseconds. So I'll give Tony whom I assume is in good health and practices these times and fires at the bell.

Yes, Dumble can teleport someplace in the arena? Can he beat Tony's time to initiate the teleport? If not, he gets hit with high tech weaponry. Do we have timing feats for him to react to a signal and can he resist the weapons?

Timing in a fight is everything.

About reaction time, here's the deal yet again.

Fast human choice RT is about 250 milliseconds. That's see a light, press a button. That includes seeing it and issuing a motor command. A trained shooter can fire a shot with gun drawn in about 300 to 400 milliseconds. So I'll give Tony whom I assume is in good health and practices these times and fires at the bell.

Yes, Dumble can teleport someplace in the arena? Can he beat Tony's time to initiate the teleport? If not, he gets hit with high tech weaponry. Do we have timing feats for him to react to a signal and can he resist the weapons?

Timing in a fight is everything.
    Yes, but Tony has actually enter a command while Dumbledore just has to think.

Mind you, I don't think Dumbledore wins this rumble just that he can teleport out of the way of the initial volley from IM.

Astonishing Member

A casual search suggests that with the latest suits, Tony just thinks a command. So, it would be an empirical question as to who is fastest with an action.

Thus, we don't know who can act with what speed and if they can block each other. I guess we don't want to do Dumbledore vs. Vegeta. Just kidding.

A casual search suggests that with the latest suits, Tony just thinks a command. So, it would be an empirical question as to who is fastest with an action.

Thus, we don't know who can act with what speed and if they can block each other. I guess we don't want to do Dumbledore vs. Vegeta. Just kidding.
    In the end it doesn't really matter because IM just brings too much firepower for Dumbledore to handle. He may play keep away for awhile via teleporting but he will get tagged sooner or later.

"Latest suits"? Iron Man has been controlling the armor with brainwaves since at least the seventies. The only armor I can recall that didn't do that is the Warren Ellis armor. He ignored continuity so he could give him the power right back via Extremis.

There's probably a limit to Ironman's ammunition so can Dumbledore keep away long enough?

Astonishing Member

While his rockets are limited, his energy weapons aren't limited in real time.