Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xavier's School vs Hogwarts School

Both schools are transported to the arena. Professors, teachers and students who have taught and learned in the school can participate. Three days preparation. Phoenix and Dark Phoenix are not included. Who takes it?

1. Movie versions
    2. Comic Book vs Book versions

Updated: What if we take telepathy off the table?
    Last edited by k von doom; 01-15-2019 at 02:16 PM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Massive Mind-control for the win.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Both schools are transported to the arena. Professors, teachers and students who have taught and learned in the school can participate. Three days preparation. Phoenix and Dark Phoenix are not included. Who takes it?

1. Movie versions
    2. Comic Book vs Book versions
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

I wonder if Harry can throw off mind control like he did with the imperious curse.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Movie Xavier I don't know what his best feats are. Comic Xavier is WAY too good.

Not to mention "Magnets = Reality Control" Magneto.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I wonder if Harry can throw off mind control like he did with the imperious curse.
    Xavier shuts him down. Telepathy plays by different rules and Charles could casually shut down an entire mall worth of people.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Even putting aside massive amounts of telepathy, you have Shaman Nate, Jesus Cable, Legion, Juggernaut, Kid Gladiator and MAAAAAAGGGNNNEEEEETTTTTSSSS!!! Need I say more?

Plus with Magik, Pixie and Amanda Sefton, they have a fair amount of magical oomph of their own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Xavier shuts him down. Telepathy plays by different rules and Charles could casually shut down an entire mall worth of people.
    I guess then Occlumency is no help against the magic of Xaviers telepathy.

I guess then Occlumency is no help against the magic of Xaviers telepathy.
    No one in Hogwarts has sufficient feats to resist Xavier's telepathy. In either the book, or movie.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    No one in Hogwarts has sufficient feats to resist Xavier's telepathy. In either the book, or movie.
    yep but you can't help but wonder if he will be able to shut them down in an instance or if the apparently natural magical defense ability that the wizards and witches display when they are physically harmed(like Harry repelling vernon when he tried to strangulate him) would kick in and hold him off at least for some time.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

yep but you can't help but wonder if he will be able to shut them down in an instance or if the apparently natural magical defense ability that the wizards and witches display when they are physically harmed(like Harry repelling vernon when he tried to strangulate him) would kick in and hold him off at least for some time.
    I mean, even if it head some sort of resistance, Xavier and Jean (even without taking into the Phoenix Force) are pretty much Astral gods in the 616 universe, where even minor talents are significantly more psychically powerful than anything we've seen in the Potterverse, so the X-telepaths probably just instantly KO everybody on the opposing side without even noticing the Occlumancers' resistance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, even if it head some sort of resistance, Xavier and Jean (even without taking into the Phoenix Force) are pretty much Astral gods in the 616 universe, where even minor talents are significantly more psychically powerful than anything we've seen in the Potterverse, so the X-telepaths probably just instantly KO everybody on the opposing side without even noticing the Occlumancers' resistance.
    "if it head some sort of resistance"? I think you need basic grammar lessons even though I do understand what you are saying or you need to spell check before posting

Paper versions, this is just plain mean. What did the potter universe do to you?

Movie version... yeah, still pretty mean lol. Unless there is some sort of magic prep to stop mind whammy, Storm tornadoes, mystique shennagians, QS feats, Magneto, ect....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"if it head some sort of resistance"? I think you need basic grammar lessons even though I do understand what you are saying or you need to spell check before posting
    Dude... dodgy ground, glass houses etc.

There is literally NO punctuation in the long, last sentence of your post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Dude... dodgy ground, glass houses etc.

There is literally NO punctuation in the long, last sentence of your post.
    yeah I tend not to pay attention to punctuation while on the forum but then I find no one has yet to say that they have trouble understanding what I am trying to say. I called out his reply because it obsucates what he is trying to say somewhat though of course it doesn't mean that it's unintelligble. Anyway bringing it to his attention isn't going to punch holes in the rules of language or his posting history so there's no need for you to intervene on his behalf.