Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    yeah I tend not to pay attention to punctuation while on the forum but then I find no one has yet to say that they have trouble understanding what I am trying to say. I called out his reply because it obsucates what he is trying to say somewhat though of course it doesn't mean that it's unintelligble. Anyway bringing it to his attention isn't going to punch holes in the rules of language or his posting history so there's no need for you to intervene on his behalf.
    It's a dick move to respond to someone's post with "u needz grammarz lolz". Especially when all they have done is try to provide legit arguing counterpoints. /Especially/ when you yourself said you had no trouble understanding.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

yep but you can't help but wonder if he will be able to shut them down in an instance or if the apparently natural magical defense ability that the wizards and witches display when they are physically harmed(like Harry repelling vernon when he tried to strangulate him) would kick in and hold him off at least for some time.
    Without the feats, no. There's also a difference between physical attacks, and mental attacks. Being strangled =/= Having your mind shut off.

"if it head some sort of resistance"? I think you need basic grammar lessons even though I do understand what you are saying or you need to spell check before posting
    You know a person has nothing to offer, when their response to valid counterpoints is to attack spelling, and grammar. Also, as noted, you tend to do better on that front when it can't be turned back on you.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Anyway bringing it to his attention isn't going to punch holes in the rules of language or his posting history so there's no need for you to intervene on his behalf.
    Nah, you being needlessly rude to another poster is a perfectly could reason for people to call you out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Nah, you being needlessly rude to another poster is a perfectly could reason for people to call you out on it.
    Nik, you said "could". Spell check and grammar school for you!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Nik, you said "could". Spell check and grammar school for you!
    Did you correct my grammar?

HOW DARE YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Both schools are transported to the arena. Professors, teachers and students who have taught and learned in the school can participate. Three days preparation. Phoenix and Dark Phoenix are not included. Who takes it?

1. Movie versions
    2. Comic Book vs Book versions

Updated: What if we take telepathy off the table?
    I was hoping for a discussion of teaching styles. Xavier would never allow the kind of biased nonsense that went on with teachers at Hogwarts.

But the MunchKing probably nailed it. Massive mind control at the bell for an Xavier win.

Just saw the no telepathy thing which is yet another handicap for the Xavier school. Assuming equal numbers, a bunch of people trained to fight and fight as a team versus a bunch of scarred kids that have really no training for this in spite of their magic. Yeah, I know, bloodlust eliminates some of the harsh realities but still.
    Power with Girl is better.

Deleted. I was just joking but I agree that making fun of someone for unintentional grammatical errors is not nice.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 01-15-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

This isn't a fight this is child abuse.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Did you correct my grammar?

HOW DARE YOU!
    TEH MunchKING topais badly ADN Porrly!

meme fur the winter!

(EDIT: It's even more funny when the Autocorrect is guessing futilely at what I am trying to type.)
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BTW, is Iceman still at his god levels?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I mean, thanks to NUMEROUS speedsters on the Xavier team, all of the wizards are dead before they hear the bell ring. Movie QS, comic QS, Northstar, Kid Gladiator... ugh. Lots of wizard salsa.

And of course, Magneto can probably just LOLnope all of the wizards' tricks with MAAAAAGGGGNNNNNETTTTTTS. He's done such to FAR more powerful reality changers then HP-verse folks.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

^
    With the prep, wouldn't Hogwarts have a shield up so the speedsters would just disintegrate by running into it?

^
    With the prep, wouldn't Hogwarts have a shield up so the speedsters would just disintegrate by running into it?
    Yeah, maybe, but on the other hand....Magnets.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

^
    Do they have shields powerful enough to disintegrate a Strontian? I don’t think so.