BANNED

Default New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie To Begin Production In Late 2019

A new TMNT movie will go into production by the end of the year. Andrew Form and Brad Fuller are producing, but the project is separate from the last two Platinum Dune movies.

https://www.newsarama.com/43444-teen...the-works.html

Amazing Member

It says Platinum are still producing, which means i'm not watching. Once they get serious and actually hire competent people that care about the franchise, i'll start caring. I love the Turtles and I can only hope one day we'll get a reboot as good as the original 1990 movie.

The only other rumor I've found on this is that they're considering following the new Nick show and making Raph the leader.

UGH! I hope not.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Will be curious to see how this turns out.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The only other rumor I've found on this is that they're considering following the new Nick show and making Raph the leader.

UGH! I hope not.
    That's a big deal breaker for me.

Besides, 2007's TMNT already did that halfway through the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    That's a big deal breaker for me.

Besides, 2007's TMNT already did that halfway through the movie.
    And the only other rumor I've found is they want to follow IDW and are considering it being animated in a style like the new Spider-Man movie.

So, out of the 3 ... I'd say the only one that might turn out to be true is the animated one.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If it has TMNT in it I'm always willing to keep an open mind. I love both the 2012 and 2018 series despite the hate 2012 originally got and the hate 2018 is currently getting. Ninja Turtles is something that can change and keep reinventing itself and I'll always be there for it. Although if it's bad I'll be sure to say it, I'm not blinded by the series, I'm just willing to wait and see. I'll never understand why people get so uptight with this franchise when the most iconic version is the silly 80's version.

BANNED

I prefer the 2018 series to the overrated 2012 CGI crap which didn't know what it wanted to be, edgy and grim, or comedic and loose...Rise at the very least has a set tone and sticks to that, and it helps it's just as silly as the 80s cartoon.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm a bit disappointed they're going for a reboot, busy designs aside I found the last Two films to be fairly entertaining. At least on a level comparable to other comic movies released around the same time.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed they're going for a reboot, busy designs aside I found the last Two films to be fairly entertaining. At least on a level comparable to other comic movies released around the same time.
    I really enjoyed the second Bay TMNT. It's my 3rd favorite TMNT movie (the first one and the animated one being #1 and #2 respectively).

Mighty Member

The last 2 films i thought were trainwrecks

I enjoyed the last two Turtles movies, but thought they had pretty horrible character design. if they had fixed that they would have been far more widely excepted.

BANNED

Looks like there will also be a Netflix-exclusive movie based off the current incarnation of the show Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

https://deadline.com/2019/02/nickelo...es-1202549875/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't know what to think of this. This could go either way for me.

I loved the original cartoon as a kid and the first live action film and that computer animated one a little while back. Sad to say I was only able to read a handful of their comics.

I stayed away from the Micheal Bay film because it's Micheal Bay...

...and because the costumes were so huge and creepy looking. I was afraid, haha.