Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default There's a Spidey in my DC soup

Been reading the Spider-verse stories (LOVE IT) plus being a fan of the DC multiverse I was thinking about of course a crossover between the two which I have loved since I was a child (Yes, that long) which ironically started with Superman & Spiderman,which got me to wonder which character from the Spiderverse would you like to see in a DC Elseworld? Food for thought!
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

BANNED

I would love to see a crossover between the Spider-Man PS4 (Earth 1048) and the Batman of the Arkham Games. DC doesn't do the Marvel thing where every adaptation is part of the actual Marvel multiverse for some reason.

Just the idea of Spider-Man in Arkham Asylum with Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Joker, HQ, and Mr. Freeze would be cool, i.e. those versions of the characters would be cool. There's never been a very good Batman/Spider-Man crossover that actually mashes both worlds...in the way that Conway's classic Superman V. TASM is.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

As a funny aside, Josh Keaton voices Black Spider in the Young Justice animated series, and basically plays him as evil Spider-Man complete with quips.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I would love to see a crossover between the Spider-Man PS4 (Earth 1048) and the Batman of the Arkham Games. DC doesn't do the Marvel thing where every adaptation is part of the actual Marvel multiverse for some reason.

Just the idea of Spider-Man in Arkham Asylum with Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Joker, HQ, and Mr. Freeze would be cool, i.e. those versions of the characters would be cool. There's never been a very good Batman/Spider-Man crossover that actually mashes both worlds...in the way that Conway's classic Superman V. TASM is.
    That would be incredible!

BANNED

the black spider is certainly a villainous analog of Spidey in DC who debuted fighting Batman whereas spider man has no equivalent of Batman in his rogue gallery that I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    the black spider is certainly a villainous analog of Spidey in DC who debuted fighting Batman whereas spider man has no equivalent of Batman in his rogue gallery that I can recall.
    Green Goblin? Both have decent-sized bank accounts, use little throwing weapons, primarily fight with technology, and are known for playing the long game. Not a perfect two-for-one (Goblin does have enhanced physical abilities while Batman's defined as a "normal" person who fights crime anyways), but there it is.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Green Goblin? Both have decent-sized bank accounts, use little throwing weapons, primarily fight with technology, and are known for playing the long game. Not a perfect two-for-one (Goblin does have enhanced physical abilities while Batman's defined as a "normal" person who fights crime anyways), but there it is.
    I always found it amazing, and insightful, that the Marvel Characters closest to Bruce Wayne/Batman is the Green Goblin and also Doctor Doom.

Doctor Doom is the orphan kid who after losing his parents, travels around the world and gains knowledge of different branches and fields and so on, until he decides to come back and claim revenge. And he wears a scary intimidating costume, lives in a castle and so on. And he's a hero to his hometown in Latveria.

Green Goblin is the businessman with a double identity, who has a fright mask to scare people, who rides around in a Bat-shaped glider, and uses razor-bats (batarangs basically). Steve Ditko remember studied under Jerry Robinson at New York's School of Visual Arts and Robinson was Joker's co-creator and ghost-artist on many Batman comics, so I always saw Green Goblin as a homage on Ditko's part to Batman villains. So he's like Joker but he also is like Scarecrow with his gases and so on. And he's basically Batman if he was evil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    now that you mention it it does seem obvious though I would think that the goblin is a combination of both Batman and the joker with super strength and healing thrown in.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

iI always thought a Spidergirl crossover with the pre 52 Teen Titans would be great along with a Ben Reily crossover with Nightwing & Arsenal's Outsiders & the pre crisis Infinity Inc for fun.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Miguel O'Hara meets Terry Mcginnis. Bring it on!

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

i would love to see a Spider-woman (Jessica Drew)/ Birds of Prey mini series written by Brian Bendis & Gail Simone for fun
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

BANNED

they will probably end up being captured and waking up starkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Been reading the Spider-verse stories (LOVE IT) plus being a fan of the DC multiverse I was thinking about of course a crossover between the two which I have loved since I was a child (Yes, that long) which ironically started with Superman & Spiderman,which got me to wonder which character from the Spiderverse would you like to see in a DC Elseworld? Food for thought!
    At first I thought you were that youtuber.

Spider-Man from the Amazing Spider-Man game tie-ins crossing over with Frank Miller's All Star Batman.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage