Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

What would you say is the biggest thing to happen to Blue Marvel so far?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    His omission from the War of the Realms event. It's silly to see the weak ass characters that are in this event while Blue Marvel is a no show to these writers.

If we count group stuff, I'd probably say him working with the Ultimates to save the multiverse.

If we're talking purely individual accomplishments... I'd either say him defeating King Hyperion (who was a freaking beast in Exiles) or single handedly owning the Squadron Supreme.

If Blue Marvel was to be killed off never to return ever -- the one true death -- I wonder what signature moment would stand out the most? Maybe one of these days we should list those key important events, however small. Seems only right for an appreciation thread.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Probably coming back to the superhero world after being hidden due to all the rejection years ago.

Thrashing King Hyperion or pulling Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    His omission from the War of the Realms event. It's silly to see the weak ass characters that are in this event while Blue Marvel is a no show to these writers.
    That's kind of how it is though. If you're not in any books presently you're probably not going to show up in an event except maybe as someone in the background.

Hopefully they start having multiple Avengers books again soon, because his odds of being in a book are increased if there's more team books out there.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's kind of how it is though. If you're not in any books presently you're probably not going to show up in an event except maybe as someone in the background.

Hopefully they start having multiple Avengers books again soon, because his odds of being in a book are increased if there's more team books out there.
    His odds of being in a book really hinges on editors and the creative team. No one really cares to write Blue Marvel stories. They could have a thousand Avengers titles, but as long as Adam isn't anyone's dream assignment, he'll remain in limbo. They'll just create more versions of Thor, or Iron Man, or Cap, or Hulk, or Hyperion, or whomever to fill out teams.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-21-2019 at 12:20 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

His odds of being in a book really hinges on editors and the creative team. No one really cares to write Blue Marvel stories. They could have a thousand Avengers titles, but as long as Adam isn't anyone's dream assignment, he'll remain in limbo. They'll just create more versoin of Thor, or Iron Man, or Cap, or Hulk, or Hyperion, or whomever to fill out teams.
    I don't disagree that it doesn't hinge pn writers wanting to use him. Still, his last monthlies were an Avenger book and Ultimates, which was SORT OF an Avengers satellite book. So I think thats where the best odds of him showing up again would be. But obviously it's not a given.

What would be nice is if they took a hint and created another African American male character with elite levels of power. Or give Falcon the power up that I've suggesting for years, instead of some hand me down mantle that we all knew he'd end up giving back to Steve.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

What would be nice is if they took a hint and created another African American male character with elite levels of power. Or give Falcon the power up that I've suggesting for years, instead of some hand me down mantle that we all knew he'd end up giving back to Steve.
    Voodoo is pretty high up there on the power scale. I'm hoping he shows up in the next Dr. Strange movie (his brother was in the first), and that begins a bit of a push for him.

Voodoo is pretty high up there on the power scale. I'm hoping he shows up in the next Dr. Strange movie (his brother was in the first), and that begins a bit of a push for him.
    I've never really taken to Brother/Doctor Voodoo -- or Dr. Druid either for that matter. Maybe if they took Moon Knight and Doctor Voodoo and combined them into one character with Moon Knight's costume and name with Drumm's magical prowess, I'd be interested. But then that character would probably be viewed as a Spawn ripoff.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-22-2019 at 10:34 AM.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You know what? I TOTALLY agree with this...and I sadly hadn't realized that until you said it. He isn't in it (that we can see) and I find that highly disturbing seeing as they gave DD some kind of cosmic power up to play in this and T'challa has seemingly not tapped BM for SOMETHING (although he get Ka-zar, Broot, and the ape). King Hyperion is a beast of a character and BM dropped him. That says something. This guy would be a perfect asset going into WotR.

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    You know what? I TOTALLY agree with this...and I sadly hadn't realized that until you said it. He isn't in it (that we can see) and I find that highly disturbing seeing as they gave DD some kind of cosmic power up to play in this and T'challa has seemingly not tapped BM for SOMETHING (although he get Ka-zar, Broot, and the ape). King Hyperion is a beast of a character and BM dropped him. That says something. This guy would be a perfect asset going into WotR.
    The key thing is that he has to get in a book. If he's not in a book, then he's proably not going to be used. When he was in the Mighty Avengers and Ultimates, he at least showed up for the big stuff even if the didn't necessarily play a big role.

Hopefully Ewing will do another team book somewhere down the line. He seems to like Adam.

The key thing is that he has to get in a book. If he's not in a book, then he's proably not going to be used. When he was in the Mighty Avengers and Ultimates, he at least showed up for the big stuff even if the didn't necessarily play a big role.

Hopefully Ewing will do another team book somewhere down the line. He seems to like Adam.
    In my opinion, it would have been cool to see him added in the whole Agents of Wakanda in the new Avengers title. But that was a missed opportunity.