Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Honestly the most feats we've seen from him were his tech feats against the Squadron. WIth prep, he had a means of disabling (at least temporarily) almost every member of the team with barely throwing a punch (Hyperion being the big exception). That to me was uber impressive. That's sticking Batman into Superman's body.

I'd like to see more prep time Blue Marvel.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly the most feats we've seen from him were his tech feats against the Squadron. WIth prep, he had a means of disabling (at least temporarily) almost every member of the team with barely throwing a punch (Hyperion being the big exception). That to me was uber impressive. That's sticking Batman into Superman's body.

I'd like to see more prep time Blue Marvel.
    Well, in fairness to the Squadron, Adam had more than just run of the mill prep. He had the help of a clairvoyant who could see multiple future outcomes all at once. And in fairness to Adam, he likely defeats the Squadron by himself either way. The input from Ulysses made it an efficient, quick and tidy clean up as opposed to a drawn out battle.

You're right, though, Adam alludes to his prep often. For example, he created a "Thanos proof" holding cell in Kadesh, even though he never faced Thanos before. (Maybe he should have made it Anti-Man proof instead.) Presumably, Adam has been offline for 40-45 years. Imagine if he spent all of that time monitoring all of the super-powered individuals, good and bad alike, using Uatu's technology, resulting in his own Tower of Babel-type storyline.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, in fairness to the Squadron, Adam had more than just run of the mill prep. He had the help of a clairvoyant who could see multiple future outcomes all at once. And in fairness to Adam, he likely defeats the Squadron by himself either way. The input from Ulysses made it an efficient, quick and tidy clean up as opposed to a drawn out battle.

You're right, though, Adam alludes to his prep often. For example, he created a "Thanos proof" holding cell in Kadesh, even though he never faced Thanos before. (Maybe he should have made it Anti-Man proof instead.) Presumably, Adam has been offline for 40-45 years. Imagine if he spent all of that time monitoring all of the super-powered individuals, good and bad alike, using Uatu's technology, resulting in his own Tower of Babel-type storyline.
    I wouldn't say he would LIKELY defeat the Squadron by himself. The Hickman Hyperion was capable of moving freaking planets, so powerwise he's up there. And Spectrum and Thudra aren't exactly push overs either. Adam is more powerful than any of the Squadron individually, but against all of them at once I think it could go either way.

But the fact that we're discussing whether or not he can single handedly take on an entire team of heroes itself says quite a bit.

I wouldn't say he would LIKELY defeat the Squadron by himself. The Hickman Hyperion was capable of moving freaking planets, so powerwise he's up there. And Spectrum and Thudra aren't exactly push overs either. Adam is more powerful than any of the Squadron individually, but against all of them at once I think it could go either way.

But the fact that we're discussing whether or not he can single handedly take on an entire team of heroes itself says quite a bit.
    I'd like to think that Hickman created his version of Hyperion because King Hyperion -- THE most powerful version of Hyperion at the time -- got his butt kicked so handily by Blue Marvel. Hickman didn't care to use Blue Marvel for a bromance with Thor, so he hatched Hyperion 2.0. Funny how that worked out.

I figure if Blue can handle the Avengers team that he faced in ALOTBM, he can handle the Squadron Supreme. With or without Hickman's Hyperion. For the record, we still don't know the upper limits of Adam's strength. Perhaps he's a planet mover, too? Not that strength trumps all.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

I'd like to think that Hickman created his version of Hyperion because King Hyperion -- THE most powerful version of Hyperion at the time -- got his butt kicked so handily by Blue Marvel. Hickman didn't care to use Blue Marvel for a bromance with Thor, so he hatched Hyperion 2.0. Funny how that worked out.

I figure if Blue can handle the Avengers team that he faced in ALOTBM, he can handle the Squadron Supreme. With or without Hickman's Hyperion. For the record, we still don't know the upper limits of Adam's strength. Perhaps he's a planet mover, too? Not that strength trumps all.
    King Hyperion wasn't capable of stopping a large asteroid from hitting earth... while Hickmans was able to move the earth. So for whatever reason, the Hickman version had by far the best feats even though in THEORY they should all be the same.

But I certainly would agree that there's reason to beleive Adam can handle the Squadron. I'm just saying it can credibly go either way. There are some very powerful beings on both sides.

King Hyperion wasn't capable of stopping a large asteroid from hitting earth... while Hickmans was able to move the earth. So for whatever reason, the Hickman version had by far the best feats even though in THEORY they should all be the same.
    Writers are inconsistent with their OP-PIS. LOL! Killing Galactus across multiple AU Earth's is also firmly under KH's belt. While we don't know all of the circumstances, and I'll grant that there is variance between the power levels of counterparts, surely killing a planet eater, let alone multiple, is a feat that betters moving the mass of the planet.

At the end of the day, we still don't know what Adam's ceiling is. (And that makes me a little sad, now that I think about it.) Until we know that, it's difficult to say how he'd do, given a truly impartial writer.

~James Baldwin

Writers are inconsistent with their OP-PIS. LOL! Killing Galactus across multiple AU Earth's is also firmly under KH's belt. While we don't know all of the circumstances, and I'll grant that there is variance between the power levels of counterparts, surely killing a planet eater, let alone multiple, is a feat that betters moving the mass of the planet.

At the end of the day, we still don't know what Adam's ceiling is. (And that makes me a little sad, now that I think about it.) Until we know that, it's difficult to say how he'd do, given a truly impartial writer.
    I THINK at one point his creator said he's as strong as Thor. But I suppose all the top tier powerhouses are in that ballpark.

I THINK at one point his creator said he's as strong as Thor. But I suppose all the top tier powerhouses are in that ballpark.
    Oh, come on, XPac. Grevioux's prescription for Blue Marvel expired back in 2008. He's since done things that Grevioux didn't indicate was possible, especially on the energy manipulative side of the fence. Plus, you know how much I hate having POC characters' limits defined by their Caucasian counterparts. No one wants Michael Jordan to be only as good as Larry Bird. When you're pitching a character, especially one that's the first of his kind, you can never walk in the door proposing that he's more powerful, or more smarter, etc., than existing franchise characters. Not unless he's a villain. Those are the unwritten rules of the game. It's why it took this long for an Adam to exist in the first place. But now that he's here, now you can open up the throttle and let him go as far as the writer's imagination can push it.

~James Baldwin

Oh, come on, XPac. Grevioux's prescription for Blue Marvel expired back in 2008. He's since done things that Grevioux didn't indicate was possible, especially on the energy manipulative side of the fence. Plus, you know how much I hate having POC characters' limits defined by their Caucasian counterparts. No one wants Michael Jordan to be only as good as Larry Bird. When you're pitching a character, especially one that's the first of his kind, you can never walk in the door proposing that he's more powerful, or more smarter, etc., than existing franchise characters. Not unless he's a villain. Those are the unwritten rules of the game. It's why it took this long for an Adam to exist in the first place. But now that he's here, now you can open up the throttle and let him go as far as the writer's imagination can push it.
    If we're talking pure strength (as opposed to energy powers) though, his BEST feats were probably under Grevioux. If anything I think you can argue his strength seems to be a bit toned DOWN since then. But Ewing wasn't bit on punching stuff. The Ultimate Hulk punch was the big exception... that was cool.

Figured I'd have a little fun. If Punisher can be Cosmic Ghost Rider, then somewhere there's an alternate universe Blue Marvel who is a Cosmic Punisher and leader of the Cosmic Punisher Corps. Think of the Green Lantern Corps, only much deadlier. (Eat your heart out, Nova Corps!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-14-2019 at 10:32 PM.

~James Baldwin

Blue Marvel was in No Road Home. Not a huge role, but it seems like we'll be seeing more of him in the event even if he isn't on the main team. So that's cool.

If we're talking pure strength (as opposed to energy powers) though, his BEST feats were probably under Grevioux.
    That's not saying much. Only two writers have written stories featuring Adam at length: Grevioux and Ewing. Grevioux created the character, so naturally he had to lay the foundation in terms of Adam's capabilities. As for Ewing, the consensus is that Adam didn't do much under him ... and still hasn't. I do credit Ewing for filling in Adam's backstory and linking him to Monica.

~James Baldwin

Blue Marvel was in No Road Home. Not a huge role, but it seems like we'll be seeing more of him in the event even if he isn't on the main team. So that's cool.
    Yep, that's about what I expected.

~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Was it just a panel? Or was he shown in like a couple of pages. Trying to determine if the book has enough blue marvel in it to warrant a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Was it just a panel? Or was he shown in like a couple of pages. Trying to determine if the book has enough blue marvel in it to warrant a purchase.
    Couple of pages but honestly he's just playing lab assistant to Toni Ho essentially.